Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Baron-of-hell
Jul 11, 2016
So I am on a ship with crappy internet and behind a company firewall that does not allow me to connect to steam or even the steam forums.

I have 2 steam accounts, one I can access in offline mode without a problem, the other one desperately wants to connect online. I have used both accounts online, including the games so I know that offline mode works, except this time I think I locked myself out for some reason.

I have tried googling it including an option to include a steam.cfg file in the steam folder with this in it:
BootStrapperInhibitAll=enable

ForceOfflineMode=enable

Or change the loginusers.vdf file but those don't work for me.

Anybody else have a good idea to get steam to go into offline mode?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Actuarial Fables
Jul 29, 2014

Taco Defender
The Steam thread might be able to help you out if no one here can.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3828221

Baron-of-hell
Jul 11, 2016
Aha, I was wondering if there was a better thread, thanks. I will post my question there as well.

• Locked thread