Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
NewFatMike
Jun 11, 2015

Like a gazillion threads went up in the last few days/hours for D2 stuff, so I'm nuking this one

Destiny 2 is just around the corner (August 28th for PC Beta [console beta already happened] September 6th for PS4/Xbone, October 24th for PC), and we all just need a place where we can be hype and chill. That last part is very important, THIS IS A CHILL ZONE ONLY our Lord & Savior Iron-Fisted God Mod VideoGames will not tolerate unchill behavior.

Want to hang out with chill people outside the thread but inside the game?? Check out the next section:

This is the Bungie clan. And about that:
  1. This is the Destiny clan for Serious Overchill, the main thread for that is here.
  2. Currently the Bungie.net clan implementation is only for Xbone and PS4, once PC clan functionality is in, I’ll make a big fuss about it and scream from the heavens.
  3. The Bungie.net clan/group system hasn’t fully migrated over to just being Destiny 2 clans. We’ll...uhhh...see how that goes and I’ll update here as it happens.

Want to hang out with chill folks in the meantime in other games? Like what other games? All the other games? There’s over 900 people on our Discord, so you can find some chill folks to play or hang out with! Come chill: https://discord.gg/GfKAVRx

Let’s play the video game and maybe some other video games but mostly this video game.

Namaste

https://youtu.be/4Tp2KWSaJho

NewFatMike fucked around with this message at 19:07 on Aug 11, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ben Smash
Aug 22, 2005

LARDROOM
Grimey Drawer
If you join our discord please feel free to poo poo up our destiny room #density-2 as well as #chill-general

Serious Overchill: 100% Hentai Free

Pizza Partisan
Sep 22, 2003
I have not played Destiny 1 outside of the demo, and have not been keeping up on Destiny 2 stuff.

Are we PC/console? Are there stupid bundles that I should pick up?

NewFatMike
Jun 11, 2015

Pizza Partisan posted:

I have not played Destiny 1 outside of the demo, and have not been keeping up on Destiny 2 stuff.

Are we PC/console? Are there stupid bundles that I should pick up?

I personally have it coming on PC and PS4, but all platforms are welcome to the chillzone. There are some things that involve DLC and whatnot that you could pick up, but I would just buy the vanilla game. It'll be like 3 months before the first DLC hits which should give you plenty of time to find out if you like it.

Ben Smash
Aug 22, 2005

LARDROOM
Grimey Drawer
I used my birthday money to get both dlc preorders so i will be around for most of the content. There will also be weekly streams so there will definitely be scheduled play.

NewFatMike
Jun 11, 2015

Ben Me Lowtax posted:

I used my birthday money to get both dlc preorders so i will be around for most of the content. There will also be weekly streams so there will definitely be scheduled play.

For PC, yes?

Ben Smash
Aug 22, 2005

LARDROOM
Grimey Drawer
yes

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
hey buds, I preordered this

Ben Smash
Aug 22, 2005

LARDROOM
Grimey Drawer

eonwe posted:

hell yeah lets party

drans
Sep 1, 2016
Ramrod XTreme
lore seems kinda off though hey

Only registered members can see post attachments!

NewFatMike
Jun 11, 2015

eonwe posted:

Come play with us! Forever and ever an

drans posted:

lore seems kinda off though hey

Don't you see? Bungo were the unreliable narrator all along!

E: it's me, I listen to the Destiny lore podcast

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

What up thread. I'm here to chill and relax and have a good time posting about a videogame I like

NewFatMike
Jun 11, 2015

Waffle House posted:

What up thread. I'm here to chill and relax and have a good time posting about a videogame I like

Hmmmmmmm... Could I perhaps interest you in some hype?

http://i.imgur.com/SWreHVC.gifv

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

I've never played destiny before is it a gear grind that is fun to play with friends or is it an eve online grind

Also can I gank lowbies or is it not that kind of "MMO"

FAT32 SHAMER fucked around with this message at 00:51 on Aug 10, 2017

NewFatMike
Jun 11, 2015

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

I've never played destiny before is it a gear grind that is fun to play with friends or is it an eve online grind

Also can I gank lowbies or is it not that kind of "MMO"

D1 is definitely a fun gear grind, a lot like Borderlands. I think the loot system has changed for 2 or it wasn't as fleshed out I'm there D2 beta for technical reasons.

PvP is usually level normalized, but gear perks still kick in. There are some PvP modes that were not level normalized, but those weren't always on, but scheduling and all that are subject to change I guess.

Not all these things have been formally confirmed, but it gives us an idea of what to expect.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

Ben Me Lowtax posted:

Serious Overchill: 100% Hentai Free

This is absolutely not true.

• Locked thread