Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

Dexo posted:

They better implement a reference to Bobby Portis punching out Niko.

That would have been a $4.99 DLC I would have bought.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zelah
Dec 1, 2004

Diabetes, you are not invited to my pizza party.
Build paralysis all over again. I want to play a SF that can get to the rim and hit open 3s sometimes. I think shot creator/playmaker but no clue on height/weight/wingspan. I’m sure Reddit will have figured it all out by the end of the day.

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup
Hey so there's a pretty widespread issue (Seemingly especially for European players) where a bunch of people, including myself, can't play the prelude.

https://www.reddit.com/r/NBA2k/comments/9brnhy/prelude_servers_how_can_i_fix_this_good_start_2k/

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

hopterque posted:

Hey so there's a pretty widespread issue (Seemingly especially for European players) where a bunch of people, including myself, can't play the prelude.

https://www.reddit.com/r/NBA2k/comments/9brnhy/prelude_servers_how_can_i_fix_this_good_start_2k/

Huh, I'll bring it up if it isn't already being looked at. Sorry it isn't working correctly for everyone :(

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
The prelude was good I like how the story is you're a whiny bitch and your former college teammate is a condescending bitch. The Chinese announcers are good I want them for regular games.

I'm doing a Kobe build this time gonna rule to be a midrange assassin and poster folks

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001
I'm the guy on reddit currently having a meltdown because I through down 200k VC on my character before realizing the listed badges for the archetype are bugged and are actually something else.

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007
after a week of Live...I'm not feeling 2K19 at all.

e: I didn't even play 2K18 and still feels stale, lifeless and surprisingly tacky.

Stevie Lee fucked around with this message at 14:36 on Sep 1, 2018

zelah
Dec 1, 2004

2k is making some dang Choices. Some perfect (Chinese commentary for the first few games), some less so (retro filtered rockets Celtics game)

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
Yea im actually enjoying the prelude more than I thought I would

What exactly does the "takeover" boost do? I dont seem to be any better at anything when thats activated

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
Pretty cool that they made the crowd Asian as well

im not corey harris :mad:

the_american_dream fucked around with this message at 03:13 on Sep 5, 2018

ReWinter
Nov 23, 2008

Perpetually Perturbed

the_american_dream posted:

What exactly does the "takeover" boost do? I dont seem to be any better at anything when thats activated

I think it's based on your main archetype, so like if you chose ball handling then you're better at breaking ankles, shot creators better at knocking down pull-ups and fadeaways, etc

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

I do not hear you, I do not see you, I will not let you get into the Duggler's head with your bring-downs.

I made my dude a 6'10 pure slashing SF and takeover basically made my 62 rated player unstoppable at the rim

Still bricking all shots but even off balance layups that looked like they should have no chance were all going in.

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

I do not hear you, I do not see you, I will not let you get into the Duggler's head with your bring-downs.

Didn't all pre-orders get early access in previous years? This time you gotta buy the $130 version? lmao

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
No I have early access with my regular degular version pre order

zelah
Dec 1, 2004

I think only the 100 version gets to play Friday. Which will probably be good for the servers. Ease into until the poors flood in on Monday night

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup

No I have early access with my regular degular version pre order

Are you sure about that?

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
That’s what GameStop Man said. Guess I’ll find out Friday 🤷🏾‍♂️

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

Does GameStop still do midnight drops of their games? Maybe you're just able to go pick up your copy early.

All us digital fools def have to wait until next week

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
Literally just got a sext to pick it up at 9 tonight so yea

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Literally just got a sext to pick it up at 9 tonight so yea

Woah gamestop really is desperate huh

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
It was hot. Not even gonna lie

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007
Anyone else planning to pickup Live?

I think I might tonight. The gameplay, the controls and the in-game atmosphere just feels fun and fresh to me in a way that 2K hasn't in a long, long time. I've probably played the demo more than any other since the NFL 2K4 demo on PS2, if that says anything.

I started playing as a 6'9" 215lb. "Rim Defender" with that looks like a tall Rick James with the jheri curls/moustache and plays like a meth-addicted Nerlens Noel. it's great.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
I have early access of 2k19, will report tomorrow on how it feels.

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

I wish my premier access from PC worked on Xbox too, I would play the hell out of Live 19

Or they could just release the drat game on PC, NHL too

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3868075

New thread etc etc .

• Locked thread