Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

One Man Trash
Jun 6, 2013

Major Isoor posted:

Good lord, that's an amazing set of Minesweeper skills! Just to confirm though, that video is slightly sped-up and not in real-time, right?

Nope, it's real time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

One Man Trash posted:

Nope, it's real time.

Thank you.

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

Major Isoor posted:

Good lord, that's an amazing set of Minesweeper skills! Just to confirm though, that video is slightly sped-up and not in real-time, right?

cmon mate, theres 2 timers on screen in the video

A CRUNK BIRD
Sep 29, 2004

In Training posted:

In middle school I made me and all my friends in NBA Jam Vol. 2 and grinded out max stats on all of them and then also made all the kids we hated with the junkiest stats possible and I would play for hours with no score limit on just loving annihilating them with footwork and nasty slams.

Haha nice

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011

One Man Trash posted:

Nope, it's real time.

drat! Those are some pretty bloody nice Minesweeper skills! Do they still play? It'd be a shame to let skills such as theirs get rusty, after achieving Minesweeper-godhood.

trying to jack off posted:

cmon mate, theres 2 timers on screen in the video

OOPS! That uh...may have been a slight oversight on my part, heh. :doh: Totally forgot (somehow, even while watching the video) that there's a timer...

EDIT: Also, the look of absolute disgust on the face of your av's throwing-up-lady seems very appropriate, given your response TTJO

Major Isoor fucked around with this message at 05:26 on Aug 22, 2017

Soul Reaver
Mar 8, 2009

in retrospect the old redtext was a little over the top, I think I was in a bad mood that day. it appears you've learned your lesson about slagging our gods and masters at beamdog but I'm still going to leave this av up because i think its funny

god bless

Major Isoor posted:

Also, although this isn't exactly a mental illness, back in the days of Windows XP, I would very frequently have the inbuilt Space Cadet 3D pinball game's music/sound effects stuck in my head all day. Even thinking about it now is bad enough! Anyone else here play the life out of that old game? I always preferred it over Minesweeper myself, as blasphemous as that may be

That game was actually really drat good.

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

lol

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

general anime posted:

Most of the time when I was playing with toys alone or running around the neighborhood with my friends I was using doublethink and pretending that what I was imagining/doing was actually a video game I was playing. It was almost sort of like a Let's Play looking back lmfao [obviously before i knew what a lets play was] because I was constantly talking to an imaginary person in my head explaining every facet of the video game, how to max the level, if i was at a save point etc, which also reminds me that sometimes I repeated the exact same scenario with my toys over and over again if I died before getting to the save point. Definitely mentally ill lol

when i was in 6th grade, for about a month i pretended to myself that every experience i had was part of a photorealistic game version of alfred hitchcock's the birds, which i hadn't seen. not sure why exactly

IdealFlaws
Aug 23, 2005

Major Isoor posted:

Let me tell you, if that's really the speed they play Minesweeper at, they're probably gonna have some serious RSI issues! :v:

Also, although this isn't exactly a mental illness, back in the days of Windows XP, I would very frequently have the inbuilt Space Cadet 3D pinball game's music/sound effects stuck in my head all day. Even thinking about it now is bad enough! Anyone else here play the life out of that old game? I always preferred it over Minesweeper myself, as blasphemous as that may be

Yup! I played the hell out of that game on a cheap work computer when I had to watch over my family's business as a kid. It was either that or Microsoft's 3d hover car game demo that came with other game demo on windows 95

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

microsoft's 3d hover car game was called "Hover!".

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

goldmine this already

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ol yeller
Feb 20, 2015

extremebuff posted:

goldmine this already