Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Cheers for running this Kash - this setup was pretty :pcgaming:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Bif if I had survived you could've been in my Phantasy Star 4 party :arghfist::(

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

MysticalMachineGun posted:

Bif if I had survived you could've been in my Phantasy Star 4 party :arghfist::(

I was gonna let you live but then I woke up to see you all BUT WHAT IF DIPJ IS THE SCUM INSTEAD OF ANIDAV and thought better of it haha

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Stand down, men! It's only smooching!

Bif did I play a good scum game :v:

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Quidthulhu posted:

Very good, even when you were sounding too dense about your jail thing I didn't think you could really be scum for it, I didn't suspect a thing till your claim conflicted with dipj but then we had KB to worry about

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
I'll address what people have said when I read it, but what I'm most interested in right now are the lurker rules. How did people feel about them? Did they feel more or less interesting/interactive than a free lynch?

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

It gives kb an excuse to troll me endlessly so it's probably good

I prefer thread decision just because of the potential of scum gettin the guns tho

Soaring Kestrel
Nov 7, 2009

For Whiterock.
Fun Shoe
Tbh, Kash, my plan for a gun was always gonna be just to shoot the person in question if I got one and not to use it to drive discussion.

I'm not sure how that impacts the greater point here, but vOv

Mayor Glowku
Jul 29, 2012

:pcgaming: :pcgaming: :pcgaming:
I would shoot my gun 100% of the time, no matter my alignment or circumstance. Lynch all lurkers

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Kashuno posted:

I'll address what people have said when I read it, but what I'm most interested in right now are the lurker rules. How did people feel about them? Did they feel more or less interesting/interactive than a free lynch?

I think if a certain limit was passed then the gun should be removed - for example Bif shot me and even though I'd posted some stupid poo poo my post count was higher than others who never got marked as lurkers.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

I think if a certain limit was passed then the gun should be removed - for example Bif shot me and even though I'd posted some stupid poo poo my post count was higher than others who never got marked as lurkers.

yeah but all of your posts were like "I might be back later" and then you never took us to the fireworks factory

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Birdstrike posted:

yeah but all of your posts were like "I might be back later" and then you never took us to the fireworks factory

I came back and made a bad call on dipj and the thread was dead quiet :smith:

Also I was never taking you anywhere! You weren't in the game!

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

I came back and made a bad call on dipj and the thread was dead quiet :smith:

Also I was never taking you anywhere! You weren't in the game!

i am the game

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Kashuno posted:

I love the guns

hahaha that's what makes it all the more fun though, sure you came back to contribute but thanks to your earlier lurking I'd gained the ability to off you on a whim anytime I thought that contribution sucked :cheeky:

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Kashuno posted:

Loved it. Better than free cuddle since it puts someone on the spot.

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Quidthulhu posted:

I had you :colbert:

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
Dang, of course sonic was scum.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Stand down, men! It's only smooching!

You hella did, you butt!

Also, I loved the guns too. Gives a chance to give someone another shot, but also turns into a gameplay mechanic, and drives analysis. I think this should be standard for mafia games.

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Kash did you randomly assign the guns or did you make sure that only a townie could shoot another townie and vise versa?

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
So why did I die?

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.

Mayor Glowku posted:

Ahhh I misunderstood. It was a really confusing game.

Your power was still bs though lol

Seriously I read it and basically went, "there is no way this is as good as I think it is."

Then I looked at it in the scum doc and found out that whether I found a ring or not was rng and was like "oh okay."

At which point Kash informed me that he'd buffed the power to be guaranteed every day between posting it in the scum doc and messaging me.

I then did a little dance and went to find the Kira gif.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer

b-minus1 posted:

Pretty bummed I didn't get to use my last action.

Kash, if I had used my police car on Flying Leatherman prior to Yorkshire tea's hammer, would that have prevented a scum victory?

Probably not since FL was Bulletproof so he would've lived through it.

Quidthulhu posted:

I cannot believe we won that, I was convinced we were so screwed. I was complaining heavily in the scumdoc the entire time & I apologize to Kashuno for being a butt, I knew what I was getting in to and shouldn't have been rude...but it's easy to complain to your scumteam :v:

Kudos to YT & KB for understanding the mechanics of all our roles way better than I did! We took some actions I thought were risks at the time but man did they pay off.

>:[

King Burgundy posted:

Did you have a mod doc?

nope!

Mayor Glowku posted:

Why the hell could YT vote 4 times

Jonathan Fisk posted:

c'mon kash :/

Pinterest Mom posted:

So scum was in effect gaining a new member every night?

loooooooooooooooool

quote:

Experience all new roles that will have you saying "how is that even balanced what the gently caress" well guess what it ISN'T
:angel:

thanks for lurker rule feedback. Guns were assigned 100% randomly by a dice roller. It seems the overall reaction is somewhat mixed between whether or not they drive more discussion on a player. I may experiment with it flipping mid day, but I'm not sure.

As for the future of CYOC mafia, I don't know if I have it in me to do another one of these. If another one of these comes, it won't be for a while I don't think.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.
Also I really enjoyed the game Kash so thank you!

• Locked thread