Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?
Just a big ol' LCK stomp again

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Savage Cracker
Jul 21, 2010

rabidsquid posted:

my favorite two players on the same team seems like an extremely unlikely outcome and we ended up here.

Any early idea on how good they'll be ? My own impression is that I'm kinda worried this is going to be Khan 2.0 but I also didn't follow LPL closely in 2020.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Samux hilariously making Samira look like launch Aphelios today.

Savage Cracker
Jul 21, 2010
so that was a game against a master yi with 4 supports

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

An ultra fed Master Yi who at one point got 1v1’d by a jungle Vayne.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
Allstar League sounds a million times better than actual League

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

Reality Protester posted:

Allstar League sounds a million times better than actual League

it honestly probably was and i've yet to watch todays stuff

they should have something like this at the start of every split, just a time to try new things and play as hard and loose as they want with nothing on the line

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Savage Cracker posted:

Any early idea on how good they'll be ? My own impression is that I'm kinda worried this is going to be Khan 2.0 but I also didn't follow LPL closely in 2020.

i actually think they'll be fine, nuguri did an absolutely brilliant job of playing weak side all during this split and worlds, whereas the issue with khan was that he required enabling to play best.

the team doesn't have to adapt to nuguri, and as such i think they'll be more successful at integrating him

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

CODChimera posted:

drat it.

The LCK and LPL is infinitely more watchable and interesting due to bo3. I just don't understand why anyone prefers the 5 bo1s considering like half of those will be boring matchups

I think bo3 is not the only reason why those leagues are more watchable. LPL is the most entertaining league and LCK is probably the highest skill level + tactics. I wouldn't mind LEC bo3, I do think we have enough teams for a bo3 there but LCS is a complete poo poo show. I would watch C9/TL bo3's thats it.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

best of two is the best format because there's no side advantage and it rewards teams more for winning a series than best of three does. you can lose 10 games and be 10-0 or you can lose 0 games and be 10-0 and have the exact same record. in best of two the standings really do tell you who has performed the best in series since you only get the extra point for the 2-0

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

Stat rosa pristina nomine, nomina nuda tenemus.
Looks like Froggen is back in NA. Wonder where he will play?

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

rabidsquid posted:

best of two is the best format because there's no side advantage and it rewards teams more for winning a series than best of three does. you can lose 10 games and be 10-0 or you can lose 0 games and be 10-0 and have the exact same record. in best of two the standings really do tell you who has performed the best in series since you only get the extra point for the 2-0

By extension, bo1 double/quad round robin is the second best format.

Max Coveri
Dec 23, 2015

by Athanatos

Smol posted:

Evil Geniuses.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Nah EG still have Jiizuke, and as unreliable as he is I'd still take him over Captain CS. Honestly unless Dignitas are getting cold feet over Soligo I don't see him landing anywhere but an Academy team at this point.

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

Perhaps some team is betting that Anivia will continue to be a viable pick during the season.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
I thought Froggen retired to work on the balance team or something

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Smol posted:

Perhaps some team is betting that Anivia will continue to be a viable pick during the season.

even if anivia got buffs that made her especially strong specifically when froggen played her and she couldnt be banned, he still wouldnt do anything to help his team and would continue being an anchor

Max Coveri
Dec 23, 2015

by Athanatos
https://twitter.com/AshleyKang/status/1343609216028700672?s=19

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Well that was unexpected.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

actually super monumentous. he'll be the first western player to play in a major eastern league ever

gap might not've completely closed, but it says good things about EU's infrastructure if china's willing to finally start paying for western imports

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

I mean let's hold the congrats until we know what team he's headed to, I wouldn't expect him to turn things around on OMG or eStar for example.

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

Hopefully that boosts his confidence

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Vermain posted:

actually super monumentous. he'll be the first western player to play in a major eastern league ever

gap might not've completely closed, but it says good things about EU's infrastructure if china's willing to finally start paying for western imports

hes got chinese citizenship so he doesn't take up an import slot i am pretty sure

Savage Cracker
Jul 21, 2010
Yeah I'm pretty sure he was able to choose between EU and CN residency

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

Smol posted:

Froggen is individually still good but he is such a limited player, he is like good a handful of champs then the comp has to be good enough for him to carry late game. There is too many limitations or requirements for him to carry. He showed in 2019 he can still carry a team to playoffs with some great Velkoz/Viktor/Karthus/Orianna games. But is Froggen even a mage player? The guy doesn't play Azir, Syndra, Cassio, Zoe.

Like people compare PoE to Froggen but PoE infinitely more versatile than him. Also PoE's champion pool of Syndra/Ori/Cassio/Azir/Corki has been viable for the last 5 years. He doesn't play Zoe either but he plays good matchups like Cassio/Syndra/Leblanc into it. Of course it's absolutely ridiculous he can't play any of Akali/Sylas/Irelia/Yone/Yasuo/Qiyana whenever those champs might be meta but his champion pool is still really good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Max Coveri
Dec 23, 2015

by Athanatos
Happy new season!