Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
RISCy Business
Jun 17, 2015

bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork
Fun Shoe

quote:

The Rainbow Flag emoji is a sequence of the 🏳 Waving White Flag and 🌈 Rainbow emojis. These are combined using a zero width joiner between each character and display as a single emoji on supported platforms.

:justpost: about unicode and i guess other encodings itt

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

your example has nothing to with unicode emojis, just that smartphone manufacturers have decided to interpret sequences of unicode characters as a new and different emoji

see: skin color/gender modifiers on emojis, etc

that's not part of the standard :eng101: :fishmech:

RISCy Business
Jun 17, 2015

bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork
Fun Shoe
oh dang

:gas: i guess

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮
𝓤𝓷𝓲𝓬𝓸𝓭𝓮

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

Silver Alicorn posted:

𝓤𝓷𝓲𝓬𝓸𝓭𝓮

╭∩╮(-_-)╭∩╮

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.
wasp eggs

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
ლ(◉◞౪◟◉‵ლ)

That Robot
Sep 16, 2004

ask me anything about robots
Buglord
unicode is both 💯 cool and 💯useless at the same time

👻it is a mystery

Colonel Taint
Mar 14, 2004

A Eunuch Ode: an ode to balls that are no more.

Gone Fission
Apr 7, 2007

We're here to make coffee metal. We're here to make everything metal.
the "kiss my rear end" emoji is a combination of the kiss (💋) and rear end (♡) emojis, with a zero-width joiner because zero is how much space there should be between your kiss and my rear end

pretty cool, and also kind of weird, you're right

minato
Jun 7, 2004

cutty cain't hang, say 7-up.
Taco Defender
"Delete" is codepoint 127 because when special typewriters were used to enter characters into a 7-bit wide punchcard, the "backspace/delete" key would just punch all the holes (binary 1111111 = 127) and the card reader would ignore that position.

Gone Fission
Apr 7, 2007

We're here to make coffee metal. We're here to make everything metal.

minato posted:

"Delete" is codepoint 127 because when special typewriters were used to enter characters into a 7-bit wide punchcard, the "backspace/delete" key would just punch all the holes (binary 1111111 = 127) and the card reader would ignore that position.

that's pretty cool, I do that on code reviews. People love to write codepoint 127s all over the place

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

N.Z.'s Champion
Jun 8, 2003

Yam Slacker
𝓡𝓪𝓰𝓮, 𝓻𝓪𝓰𝓮 𝓪𝓰𝓪𝓲𝓷𝓼𝓽 𝓽𝓱𝓮 𝓭𝔂𝓲𝓷𝓰 𝓸𝓯 𝓽𝓱𝓮 𝓵𝓲𝓰𝓱𝓽

*𝚋𝚞𝚖𝚙𝚜-𝚖𝚘𝚞𝚜𝚎-𝚙𝚛𝚎𝚟𝚎𝚗𝚝𝚒𝚗𝚐-𝚖𝚘𝚗𝚒𝚝𝚘𝚛-𝚜𝚕𝚎𝚎𝚙*

• Locked thread