Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

quote:

Farewell, vCenter Server for Windows
Martin Yip posted 1 hour ago

VMware plans to deprecate vCenter Server for Windows with the next numbered release (not update release) of vSphere. The next version of vSphere will be the terminal release for which vCenter Server for Windows will be available.

lol foh not upgrading

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

pram
Jun 10, 2001
lol windows server

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

vcsa was better anyway but just use hyper-v if you have to buy windows datacenter licenses anyway

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat

pram posted:

lol windows server

BangersInMyKnickers
Nov 3, 2004

I have a thing for courageous dongles

is vcsa still local poopgres only dbs?

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

i think they support oracle :barf:

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

pram posted:

lol windows sever

skimothy milkerson
Nov 19, 2006

goodbye to this terrible rear end thread

:gas:

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

graph posted:

lol foh not upgrading

rip VMware, moving to hyper-v

Pile Of Garbage
May 28, 2007

lol @ everyone switching to hype-v from vmware becuase "it's free real estate licensing" cant wait till they inevitably switch back because their everything is garbage and/or they get driven insane by NVGRE

Thanks Ants posted:

vcsa was better anyway but just use hyper-v if you have to buy windows datacenter licenses anyway

vcsa is way better but also lol

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

cheese-cube posted:

lol @ everyone switching to hype-v from vmware becuase "it's free real estate licensing" cant wait till they inevitably switch back because their everything is garbage and/or they get driven insane by NVGRE

nvgre is cool and good

pram
Jun 10, 2001

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

lol

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Satellit3
Oct 21, 2008

Joe 30330
Dec 20, 2007

"We have this notion that if you're poor, you cannot do it. Poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids."

As the audience reluctantly began to applaud during the silence, Biden tried to fix his remarks.

"Wealthy kids, black kids, Asian kids -- no, I really mean it." Biden said.
Lol bombed an interview because I forgot win server 2016 was even a thing. Wgaf

AtomD
May 3, 2009

Fun Shoe
ime the best virtualization platform is the one you've worked with the longest time ago

tbf we jumped ship from vcenter when... i think it moved to a web client but required flash or something?? 5.5 i think

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

Millstone posted:

Lol bombed an interview because I forgot win server 2016 was even a thing. Wgaf

that's ok. you can get another job.

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

i'm dyin

Dans Macabre
Apr 24, 2004

Seriously do not use hyper-v. I had to find a backup solution for a hyper-v environment and it was all garbage. apparently veeam is going to have something not garbage for that soon/already now.

BangersInMyKnickers
Nov 3, 2004

I have a thing for courageous dongles

Mount your vhds over smb3 and let your storage appliance take care of the backups. If you're on local disk then they're just files and anything VSS aware (everything) will take care of it.

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

NevergirlsOFFICIAL posted:

Seriously do not use hyper-v. I had to find a backup solution for a hyper-v environment and it was all garbage. apparently veeam is going to have something not garbage for that soon/already now.

huh good to know because citrix pvs is hyperv lol

RISCy Business
Jun 17, 2015

bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork
Fun Shoe

AtomD posted:

ime the best virtualization platform is the one you've worked with the longest time ago

tbf we jumped ship from vcenter when... i think it moved to a web client but required flash or something?? 5.5 i think

you can still use the thick desktop client up to 6.0 lol

Raere
Dec 13, 2007

still using vcenter for windows from back when you needed it for update manager

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

RISCy Business posted:

you can still use the thick desktop client up to 6.0 lol

my thick client goes a lot more than 6.0 :wink:

RISCy Business
Jun 17, 2015

bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork
Fun Shoe

Asymmetric POSTer posted:

my thick client goes a lot more than 6.0 :wink:

last i checked it only goes to 3.0

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

RISCy Business posted:

last i checked it only goes to 3.0

you weren't cute enough to get me hard even when it was in your mouth, don't you remember? :q:

• Locked thread