Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tortuga
Aug 27, 2011

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22
Can't believe Stephens is going out with useless fatboy Jozy and still managing to win big

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cornflakes
Dec 3, 2006

Glare Seethe posted:

Thankfully on my Eurosport stream we were spared that particular atrocity.

It reminds me though that last year they (not sure who exactly - ESPN?) experimented with mid-match player interviewers. I remember Coco did one. Did they scrap that this year? It was awful.

They did coach mid-game interviews, which were slightly better but still awful

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Cornflakes posted:

The worst was that horrible interlude where they talked to Billie Jean King and Emma Stone about the battle of the sexes movie during the effing match
It isn't even being distributed by a Disney subsidiary but Fox Searchlight.

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

never thought I would find myself rooting for a Seth efriken in a us open final

Sway Grunt
May 15, 2004

Tenochtitlan, looking east.
I like Anderson and hope he wins a few games the match.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

TO THE OSHEEEUN

Sodium Chloride
Jan 1, 2008

let's hope Kevin doesn't poo poo himself on court like Keys did yesterday.

Also why would you do an interview during the match :psyduck:

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

LOL at Rafa's return position. Ando should just serve wide every point if Rafa is gonna stand 15 feet back.

Sodium Chloride
Jan 1, 2008

That is ridiculous. He is so far back he could tickle the line guys.

It's working for Nadal though.

Sway Grunt
May 15, 2004

Man watching this first half hour you already get a sense of what a massive mountain this is to climb for Anderson.

Tacier
Jul 22, 2003

I see no reason for players like Anderson not to practice and employ an underhanded dink serve a la Michael Chang when Nadal is returning from 30 feet behind the baseline. No shame.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Tacier posted:

I see no reason for players like Anderson not to practice and employ an underhanded dink serve a la Michael Chang when Nadal is returning from 30 feet behind the baseline. No shame.
Don't you get the sense that Nadal could make it to an underhand serve even from that far back?

Sway Grunt
May 15, 2004

Too many errors from Anderson but to be fair Nadal is playing really well, and for once he hasn't started slowly.

Sodium Chloride
Jan 1, 2008

Congrats Rafa.

Tacier
Jul 22, 2003

Josh Lyman posted:

Don't you get the sense that Nadal could make it to an underhand serve even from that far back?

Probably, but I doubt he could do much with it if he wasn't prepared.

It seems like Anderson can match Nadal from the baseline, but as soon a short ball mixes things up or someone comes to the net Nadal looks so much more confident.

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

Josh Lyman posted:

yes but it will destroy his knee faster thus forcing early retirement

Cornflakes
Dec 3, 2006

Nice match. One-sided for sure, but much better than yesterday's. Props to Anderson for playing hard till the end.

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

Wario Chalmers! WAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
Shame so many dropped out but I'm not sure anyone was touching Rafa this tournament

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xabi
Jan 21, 2006

Inventor of the Marmite pasty
I'm glad I didn't watch that.

• Locked thread