Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker
The Godhead acted.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DGIXT7ce3vQ

Around the Sun, a Planet was formed. Bountiful and bounteous, lush and life-bearing, in order for it to have, where its cerulean sea met the golden shore, the true ideal of all beaches.

The Godhead looked upon it, and saw that it was good.

Makh gets a Divinity Point for the idea of a planet orbiting a sun.
Ilo gets a Divinity Point for a pleasant, bountiful planet with a beach.

5 votes required to act.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund

Kovir

We must create life to spark the cycle into being.
Let us begin with aquatic life. Let there be a multitude of finned and legged creatures that swim in the waters, and perhaps may one day traverse the land. Let there be "fish" and "crabs."

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Is it I that is insane... or the rest of the world?

White

The beach was very beautiful, indeed. But what is a beach without contrast? Contrast only adds to the bigger picture, after all. More Biomes are to be made, in order to make the beach even more beautiful. Especially cold ones, like tundras.

The Unlife Aquatic
Jun 17, 2009

Here in my car
I feel safest of all
I can lock all my doors
It's the only way to live
In cars

Selah

No, no. Fish are the wrong place to start. We should begin with the smallest kinds of life. Algae, microbes. Carefully adjusting as we go to make sure our biospheres move together in perfect harmony.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

The Unlife Aquatic posted:

No, no. Fish are the wrong place to start. We should begin with the smallest kinds of life. Algae, microbes. Carefully adjusting as we go to make sure our biospheres move together in perfect harmony.

This is acceptable, as long as some form of life is created to begin the cycle.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Makh

Life must become stronger by itself. It shall start weak and undeveloped, and improve from there.

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

...We danced the Mamushka while Nero fiddled, we danced the Mamushka at Waterloo. We danced the Mamushka for Jack the Ripper, and now, Fester Addams, this Mamushka is for you....

Ilo

Ehh, we are omnipotent, let's just do a whole smattering of things yeah? No need to fiddle with microbes or emaciated creatures. I'm in favor of letting White do its thing with the biomes, but only if all the plants and critters are all really funky. Like just go hog wild you know, as long as there's something neat to see regardless where we go I'll roll with it.

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

...We danced the Mamushka while Nero fiddled, we danced the Mamushka at Waterloo. We danced the Mamushka for Jack the Ripper, and now, Fester Addams, this Mamushka is for you....

Ilo

Also, uh guys?

I don't want to be the spoilsport, but we sort of did create life already? Like these plants that ring the beach, that grow these totally sweet things I have decided to dub 'coconuts' with delicious drinks premade inside of them! Like how great is that?

Where was I?

Oh yeah, I'm pretty sure I already saw some algae in the ocean there. As well as ocean critters of various kinds. Really, there's just a huge variety of life already around. I mean, you can mess around with that if you want, but no reason to start reinventing the wheel yeah?

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Kovir

Indeed. This is why it suggested fish and crabs. More advanced lifeforms, if designed intelligently, will progress on their own and further develop without its supervision, so that it can focus on more pressing matters such as moons to control the tides or other biomes in which to further develop other specialized species.

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

Ilo

Hemmm...

I mean, I'm not opposed to life that improves itself either you know? Less work for us!

I'd still like them to be fun to look at though. What's the point otherwise?

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Kovir

If allowed to evolve and progress without any supervision, failed adaptation and branches of creatures which die off and go extinct will statistically be more likely.

This is acceptable, however it will take a great deal of time. Patience is not a virtue some of you possess.

LupusAter
Sep 5, 2011

Gha'al

We are patient if it is the waiting for a meal to be ready. Life growing and evolving separate from us sounds like a fine meal. Let's make delicious, complex life which will grow to be more delicious and complex.

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

Ilo

Yes I agree, but only if we also make it cool as hell looking, and have them become even cooler and funkier as time goes by.

Life that's pretty AND tasty, AND improves itself? What's not to like?

Eh?

EHHH??

Zybourne Clock
Oct 25, 2011

Poke me.

[17 consonants randomly interspersed with apostrophes]

I don't know about you guys, but waiting an eternity for pond scum to grow an extra flagellum doesn't exactly sound like my cup of tea. In fact, I don't even LIKE tea. I'm more of a CHAMPAGNE person myself. Why? Because no-one ever drinks champagne alone. It's MEANT to be shared at parties. The MORE people partying, the better!

Speaking of parties, the one we've got going on right now is getting a bit DULL. To HECK with crabs and algae! Let us shape some SENTIENT creatures in MY-- uh, OUR IMAGE! Not as WONDERFUL, MAJESTIC or omnipotent as us, but clever enough to hold a conversation and enjoy champagne.

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

Ilo

Okay, so, I was sort of thinking... why do these things even need to be separate issues?? We are omnipotent right, so lets just make all of it, it's just one planet after all.

Lets put fish in the oceans, expand the biomes, put fish in the seas, make the life self-improving and some of them sentient. All of you guys get something to do and make you happy, and we can have drinks afterwards for a job well done yeah?

...I still maintain we should make the life neat looking though, don't want monsters ruining the vibe of our cool beach.

Theantero fucked around with this message at 17:01 on Aug 31, 2017

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Kovir

Theantero posted:

Ilo
lets just make all of it

This has been its goal from the outset. This is an acceptable and efficient course of action to bypass needless deliberation over matters which ultimately will mean very little in creating the great cycle of this universe.

Zybourne Clock
Oct 25, 2011

Poke me.

Very well, then. Let life in all its complexity and beauty run free on our little tropical paradise. There'll be something in it for all of us! Sentient, crispy fried chicken wings for Gha'al! Spineless dirt-eating worms for Makh! Sad, mopey razorblades for Kovir! PERFECTLY BRONZED AND RIPPED BODYBUILDER-DEMIGODS FOR ME!

LupusAter
Sep 5, 2011

Gha'al

MAKE IT ALL! THEN WE FEAST!

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker
Some Aspects of the Godhead subsided: In their absence, The Godhead Acted.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ub747pprmJ8

Life, in all its vast abundance, was created. From the smallest and simplest to the largest and most complex, from instinct to intellect, from cellular to colossal. The world they had created flourished with a true plenitude, every kind and type and species.

Kovir gets a Divinity Point for the idea of creating life.
Ilo gets a Divinity Point for proposing doing all of it at once.
White has withdrawn and subsided.
Mazda has gone dormant.

4 votes required to act.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Kovir

Life for the sake of living is not enough. It must have intelligent life that can consider its existence and attempt to shape the world around it.

This one does not care as to its form.

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

Ilo

I mean, that's a cool idea and all Kovir. Which is the reason we did it already I think? Like those peeps over there, banging those rocks together? Definitely intelligent even though they don't look it.

Hmm.

You know, it actually kinda makes me feel a bit bad for them, all cold and dumb and without knowledge of anything fun. Maybe we should prod along civilization? You know, make them improve their culture and knowledge and stuff, so that we won't have to be constantly teaching them. Maybe they'll have something cool and novel figured out when we visit them next, yeah?

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Kovir

Adversity will make them stronger and force them to adapt. There must be weather systems to create storms, or cause dry spells. They can learn from nature to create fire and harness the wind and elements to their advantage.

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

Yam Slacker
The Godhead remained dormant, ideas flitting briefly through its consciousness without conviction.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zybourne Clock
Oct 25, 2011

Poke me.

I'd like to have a more direct hand in the way their civilization will develop. Let's pay our little creatures a visit, and play a funny trick on them! We'll visit each newly created race, and reveal ourself to them as their creator. We'll tell them to build temples in our name and to tear down the temples of pretender gods.

Of course, we'll visit each race using a new name and wearing a different disguise! Just IMAGINE a never ending cycles of temple construction and destruction, ALL to glorify our name!

• Locked thread