Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zain
Dec 6, 2009

It's only forever, not long at all

Glazius posted:

Say what you will about Dracula, the guy can make himself some serious stairways of destiny.

He's making steps in the right direction.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shitenshi
Mar 12, 2013
Of course Isaac is a cheater. He ganked Trevor's whip and uses two Battle Type Innocent Devils. Then again I'm not sure how fun a damage race would be against a fairy type that constantly heals an immune Isaac.

BMS
Mar 11, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Zain posted:

Not much to say

I don't have much to say cause not only did I gently caress up once, the editing and everything was a HUGE PAIN IN THE rear end! One of my video rendering softwares was elongating and messing up one of my audios, the other one took HOURS to render and even then it failed multiple times. This is truly a cursed video and more ways than one. I'm just glad I got it taken care of though.

Bam. Back to back bullshit. Coupled with an annoying steal on both of them. That Death steal though. It is complete bull. My understanding is that there are 2 generally accepted ways to do it. The intended way, and the cheese way (as with all things). Intended is to stand in front, let the initial wave of the blast break your guard, then PERFECT GUARD 7 times in a row after that (while the blast AoE is still active basically), then immediately jump and steal.

gently caress that noise.

Invincibility Jar is the best way. I'm pretty sure it's unintended from the developers too, but who knows. It requires some tricky timing, as using it too early or late during his attack animation will prevent the steal window from opening, but once you get it, it's very easy to pull off!

Also, Zed's Dead.

Zain
Dec 6, 2009

Wow! That sounds like super bullshit, not going to lie. This next bossfight has been giving me issues so now I'm grinding to get enough money for 2 more high potions. I can't believe it's giving me trouble, but it is.

Zain
Dec 6, 2009

Alucard is Dracula backwards!

So this is it! The final fight between ultimate evil and... Sorta good? not really sure where hector is on the good vs evil sliding scale, but still! It's it! It took me over an hours worth of recording to beat this boss. It was that difficult for me. Mostly due to the double back to back nature of the last boss fight and this one. Also we can talk about the bullshit hitboxes Drac has for his grab. Melee Marth would be jealous of that.

But yeah! Stick around during the credits as I do talk about my thoughts on this game vs Lament of Innocence, and where we're going from here. I might take a large break as I've been going between jobs for the past while and now I'm basically working 7 days a week to make ends meet. (it's okay! I am making money and going to invest it once my new paycheck comes in)

Shitenshi
Mar 12, 2013
Bout time first form Drac learned some new tricks and ditched his old repertoire. The only other time he used new moves was when he took the body of some 19-year old kid in 2036. Don't know if the Lords of Shadow games had him shake things up. Although that steal window is super hosed up.

I'll say for all this game's other faults, his second form definitely gave me flashbacks to his SOTN fight.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Do you mind now if I spoil a couple of crafting weapons you're not ever going to bother to get since it's a pain in the rear end?

Shitenshi posted:

Don't know if the Lords of Shadow games had him shake things up.

You ARE Dracula in LoS

Shitenshi
Mar 12, 2013

Phantasium posted:

You ARE Dracula in LoS

Didn't know if there was a placeholder fight though, like how Graham and Walter were Dracula type enemies to compensate for his absence plot-wise. And I know in the one handheld game where you play as a Belmont who becomes Alucard, you do fight Gabriel Drac, but I couldn't remember if it was the same standard schtick.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

I don't remember that one being anything like the classic fights, but I also don't remember what it was at all, since as you get further from the first game it just gets shittier and shittier (and I don't think LoS1 was that great to begin with).

BMS
Mar 11, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Lords of Shadow is....well it's something? Still prefer it to a lot of the copy-paste vania's. Even if the two sequels were pretty garbo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zain
Dec 6, 2009

The only thing I didn't like about Lords of Shadow was how it was trying so hard to be god of war. It's funny cause it came out after Dark Souls right? And I felt like Dark Souls was more of a Castlevania type game.

• Locked thread