Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
jabby
Oct 27, 2010

Lord of the Llamas posted:

:master:

Red peril averted.

To be fair, she's also ordered a review that will consider lowering fees, lowering interest rates or even bringing back maintenance grants. I'm sure students everywhere are losing their minds as we speak.

The best part is the Telegraph headline: "Theresa May's tuition fees revolution to win over students".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Zephro posted:

Also it's going to be a hell of a letdown if he gets in power and makes an unpopular decision
Dennis Skinner made a good point in Nature of the Beast where he says there's no such thing as the perfect candidate/party/whatever, but you have to go with who you think will be best and help them be better.

He then demonstrated that dramatically by voting for the Give The Executive Infinite Power Bill in the hope that it could be fixed by amendment, which I personally think was a poor choice, but still wouldn't make me vote Liberal or Tory if I lived in Bolsover.

There is of course its antithesis, where (New) Labour thought they could be as poo poo as possible and still count on Scotland, but I think Jeremy is far closer to one than the other.

Firos
Apr 30, 2007

Staying abreast of the latest developments in jam communism

jabby posted:

To be fair, she's also ordered a review that will consider lowering fees, lowering interest rates or even bringing back maintenance grants. I'm sure students everywhere are losing their minds as we speak.

The best part is the Telegraph headline: "Theresa May's tuition fees revolution to win over students".

I was out to dinner with a bunch of friends and someone read that headline out. I couldn't help but blurt out "revolution to keep things exactly the same?!"

jojoinnit
Dec 13, 2010

Strength and speed, that's why you're a special agent.
I can't believe I felt cheated when I went to uni and realized if I'd been born a couple years earlier I'd have paid £1000 a year. Now my youngest sister is paying as much per year as I did my entire education.

Its just strange to look at the paycheque deductions I'll be paying for the next decade and feel lucky.

Noxville
Dec 7, 2003

Weird, I remember Labour calling a vote on that topic and no Tories even voting on it.

Miftan
Mar 31, 2012

Terry knows what he can do with his bloody chocolate orange...

Hey since I know you guys are into this kinda thing: the new Propagandhi album is Awesome.

jabby
Oct 27, 2010

https://twitter.com/Robin_Henry/status/914229157504196609

quote:

Following the inferno at Grenfell Tower the week after the election, Downing Street staff became so worried about the Prime Minister's welfare one suggested sending for an SAS soldier to give her a pep talk to boost her resilience.

https://twitter.com/Telegraph/status/914228361207046144

jabby fucked around with this message at 23:01 on Sep 30, 2017

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

So leaving next week?

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?
I recently watched through all of The Thick of It and it's uncanny watching current politics now.

Firos
Apr 30, 2007

Staying abreast of the latest developments in jam communism

HopperUK posted:

I recently watched through all of The Thick of It and it's uncanny watching current politics now.

:same:

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

Firos posted:

I was out to dinner with a bunch of friends and someone read that headline out. I couldn't help but blurt out "revolution to keep things exactly the same?!"

Going around in circles is also a revolution!

Gort
Aug 18, 2003

Good day what ho cup of tea
Gee, should I vote for the party that wants to abolish tuition fees? No, wait, Theresa May wants to cap them at a mere £9000, she's won me over!

Apraxin
Feb 22, 2006

General-Admiral
https://twitter.com/guardian/status/914250731426910208
A strong and stable leader with the full support of her Cabinet:

quote:

In an interview with the Observer on the eve of the Tory conference, which opens in Manchester on Sunday, communities secretary Sajid Javid declined to reply when asked if May should lead the Tories into the next election campaign. After a 40-minute discussion during which he lamented the way the last campaign had focused too much on Brexit and May herself, Javid laughed when asked the question, then stood up and declared: “I think we are out of time.”

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

This title contains sponsored content.

Miftan posted:

Hey since I know you guys are into this kinda thing: the new Propagandhi album is Awesome.

Propagandhi are good lads.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
May wont last past her speech.

Manic_Misanthrope
Jul 1, 2010

Just because the cabinet is trying to betray her doesn't mean she'll actually leave.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
She'll present some tired arguments about how she will totally leave, but they'll be rejected by negotiators.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Firos posted:

What does revolution mean if not going in circles?

E:

Tenebrais posted:

Going around in circles is also a revolution!

:argh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
And on that note, new thread.

To celebrate Theresa May's 60th birthday, of course.

• Locked thread