Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

FirstAidKite posted:

That's a good samus drawing

Have you seen the rest of them? They're all great:

http://metroid-database.com/manga/?vid=6&cid=29

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

It all goes behind eventually

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

If you have a cat, a toilet roll hanging in front can be pawed through and rolled down while if it hangs in back, their pawing will roll it up

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

If you have a cat, a toilet roll hanging in front can be pawed through and rolled down while if it hangs in back, their pawing will roll it up

Further proof that dogs are the superior pet. :smugdog:

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

That has never been a problem for me

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Buy cat toys

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich

Mine prefer cardboard boxes

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

This isn't a guarantee. Cats will do whatever they want whenever they want, because they're assholes. You could lavish them with all the gifts in the world and they'd sit there and gently caress with your shoes instead.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Sound like you hate cats. Maybe never had some as good as mine

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

Jay Rust posted:

The music minigames in Night in the Woods were bad

I wanted to read the lyrics but no, I had to play bass!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=doyODHwluaY

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead

Digirat posted:

Every time I see someone try to show me something that's supposed to make MMOs look good, it always makes them look terrible
Only good video I ever saw was just the pets you can get and seeing them do stuff.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Real hurthling! posted:

Sound like you hate cats. Maybe never had some as good as mine

If your cat doesn't disdain you it's not a good cat.

mutata
Mar 1, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 9 hours!
Just a reminder that the first world in Gex is classic spooky monster movie themed. Perfect for October gaming!

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
Because I already typed it up here's the October thread for when you feel like slipping into a spookier month
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3835971

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Don't forget to rate this thread 5 out of 5 for Fun Factor!

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

I would say this was more of a G4F3 of a thread

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich

gently caress I remember this

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

homeless snail posted:

nah I realize its not a vid that's going to make that game look good, not trying to sell anyone on the game, just contrasting super simplistic destiny encounter design to ff14/wow

Well I can actually understand the shapes and colors on the screen in destiny so I think I prefer that

Nina
Oct 9, 2016

Invisible werewolf (entirely visible, not actually a wolf)
I beat Hollow Knight! It was super good!

I do hope the devs' next game is more compact and condensed though, when Hollow Knight is good it's incredibly good but when it stumbles it makes me feel like maybe it should've been less sprawling in its volume of content.

FauxLeather
Nov 7, 2016

Um Bongo
I got the impression from what little I saw of Cuphead pre-release that it was just a mediocre platformer game that uses cruel difficulty as a crutch.
I'm glad I was dead wrong because I just finished it and it was good as hell in every aspect.

Nina
Oct 9, 2016

I wanna play 30s cartoon Gunstar Heroes so bad but my backlog is huge. Maybe I'll buy it around christmas

Annie Chickenstalker
Oct 12, 2005

Of course you dont know, YOU dont know because only I know

Grimey Drawer
Pearl wins as usual. Mayo goblin supremacy.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
GB is fine. One lost week doesn't mean they are abandoning their other great features. If they fail the raid on Monday I can't imagine they'll devote more time on it further, and then everyone moves on. All of the East Coast content has been stellar otherwise and I think West is finally trending in a better direction with Ben.

CJacobs posted:

Drew leaving and Dan moving at around the same time was the point where I tapped out. I'm sorry Jeff and Ben but you cannot carry the main group on your own. Drew's new thing fuckin rules though
Eh, Drew's thing has honestly been kind of disappointing. His patreon pitch was that it was going to be a traveling the world "through the lens of video games" but what he's functionally put out in the, what, 7 months he's been doing it has been a single short Chernobyl video with the flimsiest of references to video games. He's basically been paid to go on vacations. Which fine, a general series of travelogue videos by Drew Scanlon would probably still be rather interesting, but the amount of money he's been drawing and the actual output of his content has barely matched up. At least prior to his first video he had been hemorrhaging patrons and $ at a pretty consistent basis, so I do hope he's able to put it all together and find a consistent rhythm because I do think the world is a better place with Drew Scanlon producing video content of some kind. But it's been kind of a bummer.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I think the tipping point for me was when Kyle left. Randall's not a bad replacement but his chemistry with Devin and Giles just isn't there yet

al-azad
May 28, 2009

I did a 6 hour long podcast with Dan Carlin on this and we came to a definite conclusion.

Over if you don't have a toddler or cat

Under if you do

I just saved inklings another day of pointless bloodshed

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

Just lol if you're physically capable of wiping your own butt.

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

my ceiling caved in from water damage last night

but i got breakfast burritos :yum:

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!
Wait, where exactly are squid (and Octo-) butts? Their mouths are on their undersides aren't they?

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

the cephalopod anus is typically located inside the funnel or siphon

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Jay Rust posted:

If you felt like talentless garbage after practice, the minigame worked as intended!

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

precision posted:

pineapple on pizza

is good

Nina
Oct 9, 2016

Jay Rust posted:

I sucked at them until I remapped the buttons into this weird two-handed layout on keyboard. Never did I realize how unrealiable of an appendage the ring finger is until that.

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

Nate RFB posted:

GB is fine. One lost week doesn't mean they are abandoning their other great features. If they fail the raid on Monday I can't imagine they'll devote more time on it further, and then everyone moves on. All of the East Coast content has been stellar otherwise and I think West is finally trending in a better direction with Ben.
Eh, Drew's thing has honestly been kind of disappointing. His patreon pitch was that it was going to be a traveling the world "through the lens of video games" but what he's functionally put out in the, what, 7 months he's been doing it has been a single short Chernobyl video with the flimsiest of references to video games. He's basically been paid to go on vacations. Which fine, a general series of travelogue videos by Drew Scanlon would probably still be rather interesting, but the amount of money he's been drawing and the actual output of his content has barely matched up. At least prior to his first video he had been hemorrhaging patrons and $ at a pretty consistent basis, so I do hope he's able to put it all together and find a consistent rhythm because I do think the world is a better place with Drew Scanlon producing video content of some kind. But it's been kind of a bummer.

i thought the idea sounded dumb and the actual execution is even worse. hes still getting an absurd amount of money for doing basically nothing so thats cool

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
The roller coaster balloon head guy is wrecking me in Cuphead :psyduck: It's only the first encounter of world 2!

I have the hardest time with the dog head ballon roller coaster section of the fight, it's easily the hardest part for me

edit: no the hardest part is definitely the loving penguins jesus christ

edit: This fight is nonsense and has too much RNG. Don't @ me :colbert:

Macaluso fucked around with this message at 16:25 on Sep 30, 2017

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

If you have a cat kid, a toilet roll hanging in front can be pawed through and rolled down while if it hangs in back, their pawing will roll it up just give it up as she will run away with the roll if you ever forget to close the door

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Nate RFB posted:

I don't disagree with that but anything made by Drew gets an instant level in Owns, a boon that many on this cruel earth do not have, so he has the benefit of the doubt with me

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

this is just an argument for putting it in front with some stupid poo poo about a cat tacked on at the beginning

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

Macaluso posted:

The roller coaster balloon head guy is wrecking me in Cuphead :psyduck: It's only the first encounter of world 2!

I have the hardest time with the dog head ballon roller coaster section of the fight, it's easily the hardest part for me

edit: no the hardest part is definitely the loving penguins jesus christ

edit: This fight is nonsense and has too much RNG. Don't @ me :colbert:

try doing the dessert lady first she's pretty easy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

Cowcaster posted:

try doing the dessert lady first she's pretty easy

I may have to, that guy was tilting me which was making the situation worse tbh

• Locked thread