Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Hellsau posted:

What's up? You're not a cop, are you? You have to tell us if you are.

Anyway they're being awfully quiet about the Florence cop shootings, aren't they? They named the dead cop, but not the wounded ones, and nothing about the suspect, and they said there was a "domestic-type call" but no more information about why there were 7+ officers there. The number of cops shot went up from 5 to 7, as well.

quote:

The unhinged left is planning “kill team” home invasions to execute you and your familie
[link to https://www.naturalnews.com (secure)]

Natural News) The hysterical, deceitful fake news reporting by the left-wing media is driving left-wing activists to violence and bloodshed. Never forget the rifle assault by a deranged leftist that targeted conservative U.S. lawmakers on a softball field, injuring Rep. Steve Scalise (and nearly killing him). Also do not forget the violent physical assault on Sen. Rand Paul by his unhinged Democrat neighbor.

We are now learning that left-wing domestic terrorism groups are openly discussing “kill team” tactics on Twitter and Facebook, discussing methods of carrying SBRs (short-barreled rifles) under their clothing, blending in with crowds, then popping out of the crowds to assassinate prominent conservatives such as U.S. Senators, Supreme Court justices and prominent conservative radio personalities. All this was first reported by PJ Media.

In addition to the open discussion of “kill team” tactics on social media platforms, we’re also seeing:READ...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

90s Solo Cup
Feb 22, 2011

To understand the cup
He must become the cup

Wait....since when was the bad cop thread exiled from GBS?

china bot
Sep 7, 2014

you listen HERE pal
SAY GOODBYE TO TELEPHONE SEX
Plaster Town Cop

Balliver Shagnasty posted:

since Burt

paul_soccer10
Mar 28, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

god if only

Blast of Confetti
Apr 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

execute you're familie

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment I'm alive, I pray for death!

Balliver Shagnasty posted:

Welcome to CSPAM, friend!

BovineFury
Oct 28, 2007
I moo for great justice!
Update on cop who wanted the D.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gHC6SdBjtEs

BovineFury
Oct 28, 2007
I moo for great justice!
The Kop thread is general information though. Normal people don't go to the politics section. :(

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

That guy who shot those 7 cops was 74 lol. he also bragged about his shooting skills, but obviously was exaggerating as he only killed one of them

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Anyone who wants to be on Familie Kill Team 69 PM me immediately we're filling up fast and if you miss out you'll end up on Kill Team 70.

Trabandiumium
Feb 20, 2010

we already have this thread here lol

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3826390&pagenumber=112#lastpost

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p1m5D4spryg

https://www.denverpost.com/2018/10/02/morgan-county-sheriff-fatal-shooting-video/

quote:

Morgan County Sheriff Jim Crone has released a video that shows him and several other law enforcement officers shooting a suspect in two fatal New Mexico stabbings after the man allegedly disobeyed orders not to move and stepped out of his car holding a knife while raising his hands above his head.

Crone, who was among those who fired shots in a Fort Morgan Walmart parking lot on May 24, said he released the graphic video, depicting the shooting of homicide suspect Dustin Brian Montano, in the interest of full disclosure.

Undersheriff Dave Martin also fired shots.

In a news release, Crone said they had no choice but to shoot.

“Prior to May 24th, Undersheriff Martin and myself, in our 50 years of combined law enforcement experience, have been involved in many armed confrontations over the years, and only one of those resulted in deadly force being used (I shot a man who stabbed me in 1987),” Crone wrote. “However, when confronting a man who was a suspect in a homicide, was presumably armed and dangerous, and in a conscious effort to disregard commands and come out of the car aggressively with a knife (which we initially saw as a handgun), the suspect left us with little choice.”

Morgan County District Attorney Brittny Lewton determined on Sept. 7 that deadly force under the circumstances was justified.

Crone and Martin fired eight bullets, striking Montano seven times in the torso, arm and leg. After giving him 150 pints of blood to keep him alive, Montano was pronounced dead the next day at a hospital.

On the day of the shooting, Morgan County authorities knew that Montano was wanted for fatally stabbed his 53-year-old aunt, Debra Martinez, and 17-year-old cousin, Iris Montano, in Albuquerque. He had sent text messages to relatives in Sterling, north of Fort Morgan, to tell them he was on his way to kill them, according to the news release.

Albuquerque police indicated Montano had stolen a red Volkswagen Jetta. That police department reported that Montano was trying to set up a marijuana distribution business from his aunt’s house and stabbed her when she refused. Morgan County dispatchers sent alerts beginning at 6 a.m. to officers that Montano was suicidal and could be armed, Crones’ news release said.

The car was spotted at 7:38 a.m. in the Walmart parking lot. Martin drove to the parking lot in an unmarked car and parked in view of the car. Crone parked on the south side of the building, also in an unmarked car, a police report of the incident says. They intended to wait until Montano returned to his car and block his exit with their cars, to avoid a high speed chase, it says. A plainclothes investigator entered the Walmart.

When Montano returned to his car, Crone, Martin, two Colorado State Patrol troopers and a deputy drove up and surrounded the car. The officers got out of their cars, aimed their weapons at Montano, who was still inside the car, and loudly ordered him not to move, according to the video. At the time, Montano opened the front driver’s side door of the Jetta.

“The suspect slammed the door and at that point Sheriff Crone felt the suspect would start the car and ram his patrol vehicle in an attempt to get out,” the report says.

But the door “suddenly flew open,” Crone said.

Crone and Martin believed that by the way Montano opened the car door that he was going to fight or run, the report says. Montano’s right hand came up above the door holding what they believed was a handgun. Montano was looking directly at Martin, who said he believed the suspect intended to kill him.

Both Crone and Martin fired shots at Montano, who spun and fell to the pavement.

As the officers approached Montano to disarm him, the suspect yelled, “Why didn’t you just shoot me in the (expletive) head? Just kill me,” the report says.

Montano was raised in Sterling. He moved to Louisiana when he was 18, and served 10 years in prison there after he fatally stabbed another teenager, the sheriff’s report said. He had been living in New Mexico with his aunt for about two months before their confrontation over his plans for a marijuana business.

Authorities believe the knife he was holding when he got out of the Jetta in Fort Morgan was the same knife he used to kill his aunt and cousin, the report said.

Crone and Martin took a few days off following the shooting until they were interviewed and spoke with a psychologist, the report said.

The shooting was investigated by the Morgan County Major Crimes Investigative Team, which includes the Morgan County Sheriff’s Office, Fort Morgan Police Department, Brush Police Department and Log Lane Marshal’s Office. Because personnel from the sheriff’s office fired the shots, and since the incident actually occurred within the city limits, the Fort Morgan Police Department took the lead in the investigation.

Rated PG-34
Jul 1, 2004

can't have politically sensitive rhetoric in gbs. one might call it a 'safe space'

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

Rated PG-34 posted:

can't have politically sensitive rhetoric in gbs. one might call it a 'safe space'

except if it is about china

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

china bot posted:

since Burt

:wrong:

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Rated PG-34 posted:

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment I'm alive, I pray for death!

Rated PG-34 posted:

Trabisnikof posted:

except if it is about china

Please feel free to continue griping about what is and is not allowed in GBS in the appropriate place ie: not in CSPAM.

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Black summer was the best summer.

I can almost hear what the cops are thinking in their heads.

"If he doesn't do exactly what I say I can kill him... YES"

Bang Bang Bang Bang

Nevermind he is holding his hands above his head and all the police officers having guns on the other side of their police cruisers. At least this guy killed someone before being murdered by other people. Makes it less terrifying.

Rated PG-34
Jul 1, 2004

Cadaver_Maclaine posted:

Please feel free to continue griping about what is and is not allowed in GBS in the appropriate place ie: not in CSPAM.

who's griping about anything. it's just an observation

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

quote:

he made a threatening gesture when they approached him.

I mean, no he didn't lol that poo poo is plain as day.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
dude wanted to commit suicide by cop and succeeded easily. it's an inspirational tale of police/community relations.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Conservatives: "What happened to innocent until proven guilty? What happened to DUE PROCESS???"

Also conservatives: "Well he was probably a murderer anyway it is fine that police executed him."

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Goddamn they are literally yelling "GET YOUR HANDS UP" and "DO NOT MOVE" at the same time.

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

we actually already have a cops thread thats basically this exact same thread but better so im going to leave this up for a day or so and then close/redirect to the cspam one

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
please redirect all the gbs posters back to gbs too :D

A CRUNK BIRD
Sep 29, 2004

Darkman Fanpage posted:

please redirect all the gbs posters back to gbs too :D

how about you lead the way :twisted:

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

btw heres the cspam cops thread enjoy: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3826390

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

THanks!

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost

Sheng-Ji Yang posted:

we actually already have a cops thread thats basically this exact same thread but better so im going to leave this up for a day or so and then close/redirect to the cspam one

:wrong:

AkumaHokoru
Jul 20, 2007
I guess we got moved because I get real mad and post bad things about police and it does bad things for our image outside of our humble slice of the net.

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

wrong what

Blast of Confetti
Apr 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

AkumaHokoru posted:

I guess we got moved because I get real mad and post bad things about police and it does bad things for our image outside of our humble slice of the net.

no hate allowed in gbs except for the irrational goonhate for simple things like popular music or rice cookers

90s Solo Cup
Feb 22, 2011

To understand the cup
He must become the cup

Love how the mods are conspiring to murder our gem of a cop thread. No justice, no peace.

Blast of Confetti posted:

no hate allowed in gbs except for the irrational goonhate for simple things like popular music or rice cookers

Irrational goonhate is the thread that keeps our beloved forums tapestry together.

90s Solo Cup has issued a correction as of 21:44 on Oct 4, 2018

china bot
Sep 7, 2014

you listen HERE pal
SAY GOODBYE TO TELEPHONE SEX
Plaster Town Cop
RIP GBS cops thread, killed by Burt

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

well if all yall are gonna do is whine about gbs, which is not this forum, im just going to close this therad

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3826390&pagenumber=112#lastpost

just post the same poo poo youd post in this thread, into that thread, and everything will work out fine

• Locked thread