Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Astus
Nov 11, 2008
While there were a few people saying they were okay with starting at third career, the fact no one seems to be strongly for it (and that there's at least one person strongly against) means we'll be going with the original plan.

While I'm setting up the thread, do you guys have any preferences on types of adventures you want to go on? Would you prefer to be the ones choosing what you do, or are you fine with me throwing an adventure at you and letting you solve it however you want?

Also, here are the proposed names for the Company:

Ionor-Yavandir Guide and Guard Services
d'Urvaine's Shepherds
Crooked Company
(personal favorite, but I'm not a player so I don't have a vote)
Shepherds

Seems like no one but Maruviel wants to name the company after her, so some flavor of shepherding it is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

A contract signed by a minor is not binding!
Crooked Company is my vote

Waci
May 30, 2011

A boy and his dog.
As a player, Crooked company is the only good choice.

As a character in the game, there is only one correct choice and it aint that one.

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

The pawsting business is tough work.
As if I could vote for anything but d'Urvaine's Shepherds.

Redeye Flight
Mar 26, 2010

God, I'm so tired. What the hell did I post last night?
I don't have anything particular in mind to start, but later on once we get some options open I think it'd be rad to do some picking.

I came up with the Crooked Company, so I'm biased :P

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

I'm fine with Crooked Company. (Guy's primary care is ensuring the single sheep is alive and well so he can keep justifying the idea that he's not involved with mercenaries.)

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade
I prefer Shepherds (with or without Guy's name attached).

Xun
Apr 25, 2010

Sir Guy d'Urvaine - 3.5/5 stars. Very dashing, would look good posing dramatically on a rock in the background. Sometimes he confuses me with Bearicus, attitude could use some work
Margot - 4/5 stars. I approve of her outdoorsmanship (outdoorswomanship?)! She's very helpful around the team, and her sense of style is excellent. Clearly a woman of fine taste
Mariano - 2/5 stars. Too sad. Remember to hide moping guy behind scenery
Roland - 5/5 stars. Wow! So many layers of irony, such depth of character. This man is very committed to sharpening his edge, while it is not my style I appreciate the artistic effort. Need to make sure to paint him extra pale and with extra fangs, I need to expand my artistic horizons anyway.
Maruviel - 1/5 stars. Very mean, doesn't understand my art.
Donrod Brightgrip - 4.5/5 stars. This man has got a true explorers spirit! Fun to drink with and he's an artist as well! It would be very nice to get a painting of such an obscure craft in action
Elise Sterne - 2/5. Very dour and grumpy, she could learn to lighten up a bit. Has the same spot in compositions as Mariano I think
Lorandara - 2/5. Ugh, so tack and mainstream. Solo paintings only, she would clash too much with the others.
Attickus - 4.5/5 stars, rugged and handsome
Bearickus - 5/5 a good boy

Overall, the Crooked Company gets 3/5 stars. It's got some nice people but also a lot of very rude ones.

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

A contract signed by a minor is not binding!

Mors Rattus posted:

I'm fine with Crooked Company. (Guy's primary care is ensuring the single sheep is alive and well so he can keep justifying the idea that he's not involved with mercenaries.)

Elise also has animal care, so if she can have a ram and name it Harold she'll be the official Shepherd.

Astus
Nov 11, 2008
Thread is up.

Redeye Flight
Mar 26, 2010

Just waitin' on answers from the boss, then I'm pretty much immediately game to go hunt down some scumbags.

Waci
May 30, 2011

A boy and his dog.
:10bux: the kid ran away rather than being kidnapped.

Bonus if he's also the cannibal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Redeye Flight
Mar 26, 2010

Didn't even think of that. I was thinking that the watch got killed by one of the million terrible things that exist in this hellzone and wild animals got to their bodies.

• Locked thread