Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal
https://twitter.com/erasmusnyt/status/907318764026388481

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sephiroth_IRA
Mar 31, 2010

Pembroke Fuse posted:

Aww... Gunbuster is a favourite anime and one of the first places I was introduced to the concept of time dilation (the second was Joe Haldeman's Forever War).

Then again, this thread deserves nothing better than lovely 9/11 memes.

I love Gunbuster and it's funny that you mention The Forever War because it's what inspired the time dilation in Gunbuster.

Anyway, anime proved that jet fuel will melt steel beams back in the 80s. Case Closed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Z_BewoOw1w&t=1931s

Sephiroth_IRA fucked around with this message at 12:14 on Sep 13, 2017

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

:siren:I CANNOT EJACULATE WITHOUT SEEING NATIVE AMERICANS BRUTALISED!:siren:

Put this cum-loving slave on ignore immediately!

Sephiroth_IRA posted:

I love Gunbuster and it's funny that you mention The Forever War because it's what inspired the time dilation in Gunbuster.

Anyway, anime proved that jet fuel will melt steel beams back in the 80s. Case Closed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Z_BewoOw1w&t=1931s

don't let Big Anime lie to you, sheeple

Pembroke Fuse
Dec 29, 2008

Sephiroth_IRA posted:

I didn't know that there was a connection between these two works. That is actually really neat!

Sephiroth_IRA
Mar 31, 2010
Gunbuster is kinda like a Tarantino film in that it's an original work that's also a loving homage to the works that inspired it. Most of which are the anime, movies and science fiction the guys making it had grown up on or were into at the time.

Instant Sunrise
Apr 12, 2007

The manger babies don't have feelings. You said it yourself.
I thought this was going to be a thread about how the repeated exposure to images of the Sept. 11th attacks and the subsequent invocation of them by the Bush Administration to justify a whole lot of shady poo poo over the following decade has desensitized us to them and depersonalized an event that was relatively recent in our history and the cultural effects that that has had.

Instead it's more Loose Change garbage with an injection of antisemitism.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pembroke Fuse
Dec 29, 2008

Instant Sunrise posted:

I thought this was going to be a thread about how the repeated exposure to images of the Sept. 11th attacks and the subsequent invocation of them by the Bush Administration to justify a whole lot of shady poo poo over the following decade has desensitized us to them and depersonalized an event that was relatively recent in our history and the cultural effects that that has had.

Instead it's more Loose Change garbage with an injection of antisemitism.

Oh man, no one gives a poo poo what the troll OP actually posted. This is much more valid as "Terrible 9/11 memes"/"What's your favourite anime?" thread.

• Locked thread