Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
After The War
Apr 12, 2005

to all of my Architects
let me be traitor
Got the news at my birthday party. :smith:

David Ogden Stiers is the reason the thread was created - the Star Trek thread was starting to derail after discussion of the TNG episode in which he appeared.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hipster_Doofus
Dec 20, 2003

Lovin' every minute of it.
Aw man what a drag. He was easily the best new cast member, no disrespect to Harry Morgan.

On a selfish note, the celebrity deaths of this decade are becoming alarming. He had to be younger when I started watching MASH than I am now.

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light

Hipster_Doofus posted:

Aw man what a drag. He was easily the best new cast member, no disrespect to Harry Morgan.

On a selfish note, the celebrity deaths of this decade are becoming alarming. He had to be younger when I started watching MASH than I am now.

He was 35 when he joined the show.

Hipster_Doofus
Dec 20, 2003

Lovin' every minute of it.
E: nvm dumb post.

RIP, Charles. Hope they have all the opera records you could want.

Hipster_Doofus fucked around with this message at 23:51 on Mar 4, 2018

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Mister Kingdom posted:

He was 35 when he joined the show.

I always assumed he was in his 40s and when I heard he died I expected to hear he was mid-80s at least so it was pretty shocking to hear how relatively young he was.

He was a great addition to the cast, and I really liked how he shifted away from the antagonist role that Frank had to showcase a bit more depth (nothing against Frank, but he was straight up the bumbling bad guy comic relief).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Hipster_Doofus posted:

E: nvm dumb post.

RIP, Charles. Hope they have all the opera records you could want.

His love of opera was destroyed :(

• Locked thread