Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

Added - have fun!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

Man, I just liberated the Glitchers' stronghold and now I feel bad for killing so many of them. They didn't even want to fight, they just got caught up in it. :smith:

Meanwhile, a Self-Charging Visitor and Tesh's Instant Connection is a disgusting combination. Pop in, knock out eight guards instantly, pop right back out. I feel like Liberators turn up a bit too readily for what's supposed to be a sympathy mechanic, but on the other hand it's a great opportunity to try out a bunch of green-tier gear that would otherwise be a lot more rare.

HarmB
Jun 19, 2006

Tenebrais posted:

Man, I just liberated the Glitchers' stronghold and now I feel bad for killing so many of them. They didn't even want to fight, they just got caught up in it. :smith:

Meanwhile, a Self-Charging Visitor and Tesh's Instant Connection is a disgusting combination. Pop in, knock out eight guards instantly, pop right back out. I feel like Liberators turn up a bit too readily for what's supposed to be a sympathy mechanic, but on the other hand it's a great opportunity to try out a bunch of green-tier gear that would otherwise be a lot more rare.

Same. After all the strongholds, I actually changed my tactics; from usually non-lethal, but occasionally lethal, to exclusively non-lethal with the Glitchers, exclusively lethal with Offworld, and the same otherwise. Offworld because they're into torture.

crabrock
Aug 2, 2002

I

AM

MAGNIFICENT

i kill all the people all the time. if i have to use some sort of non-lethal force in a bind i'll go stand over them and push space and kill them that way. before i knew of that trick i'd painstakingly carry every living person to a room with a window and shoot it out, just to kill them.

then i'll blow up their ship.

dmboogie
Oct 4, 2013

Sigourney Cheevos posted:

Same. After all the strongholds, I actually changed my tactics; from usually non-lethal, but occasionally lethal, to exclusively non-lethal with the Glitchers, exclusively lethal with Offworld, and the same otherwise. Offworld because they're into torture.

Offworld isn't the greatest but they're doing their damndest not to kill me, I feel like I might as well put some effort into returning the favor. :v:

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Sigourney Cheevos posted:

You talked to the Offworld representative?

Because going lethal with them is kind of hilarious, in an incredibly dark way, given their worldview.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

The only ones that deserve death are the capitalists.

Jeb Bush 2012
Apr 4, 2007

A mathematician, like a painter or poet, is a maker of patterns. If his patterns are more permanent than theirs, it is because they are made with ideas.
if you go non-lethal when the mission isn't paying you for it you're enabling wage theft

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

Synthbuttrange posted:

The only ones that deserve death are the capitalists.

Even then, who rules the Syndicate? :tinfoil:

Shadowbag
Jun 1, 2011

When shitposting, it's always important to properly stretch first.
Soiled Meat
I've been wondering. If Offworld's whole shtick is nonlethal, why do they space you? Space is pretty dang lethal, and they don't know you can remote control your pirate ship. At least, I don't think they do.

It'd be neat if they tossed you in a brig while they flew to their nearest station, considering they're notorious for torturing prisoners and whatnot.

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

Could be like Batman's nonlethal. Break a few bones, leave them hanging by their ankles upside down during winter for hours on end while Gotham is on lockdown. Technically didn't kill anyone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
Considering that one of the pods is specifically an Offworld design I'm not so sure they don't know about remote control

• Locked thread