Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
How will Braun/Brock end?
Braun wins cleany as everyone celebrates with their arms raised over their heads screaming to the pityless heavens
Brock wins cleanly and we maybe see him two more times this year
2017 WWE F**k Finish
View Results

• Locked thread
bloodysabbath
May 1, 2004

OH NO!

Do it ironically posted:

vince is on that good HGH he aint dying for a while

Vince will never die, his festering decaying corpse will remain on the golden throne of sports entertainment for eons, his life force sustained only by the free energy machine that is his never ending disdain and contempt for his audience.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

Chris James 2 posted:

Which Mania

Because this next one is absolutely the Brock Passing The Torch to Reigns Mania. It's happening. We can't push it off anymore.

Third time's the charm when it comes to passing the torches at Mania.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Chris James 2 posted:

Which Mania

Because this next one is absolutely the Brock Passing The Torch to Reigns Mania. It's happening. We can't push it off anymore.

That's what I meant. This was my guess:

Payback: Roman loses to Strowman
Extreme Rules: Roman gets stomped on by Balor, would've been pinned if not for Joe jumping in.
Great Balls of Fire: Roman loses to Strowman
SummerSlam: Roman is pinned in the fatal four way
No Mercy: Roman loses to Cena
TLC, Survivor Series and whatever Raw PPV is after Survivor Series: Roman fails to succeed in whatever he's doing here.
Royal Rumble: Roman wins the Rumble (or wins a big singles match against Cena or Strowman if the Rumble is going to a SmackDown guy)
Fastlane: Roman beats Strowman
Mania: Roman beats Lesnar.

Ragnarok the Red
Jun 21, 2002

bloodysabbath posted:

Vince will never die, his festering decaying corpse will remain on the golden throne of sports entertainment for eons, his life force sustained only by the free energy machine that is his never ending disdain and contempt for his audience.

Vince will just pull a Mr. House from Fallout: New Vegas and continue to control the company from his electronic sarcophagus remotely hooked up to various Vincebots continuing to dictate his will into the 22nd century.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Didn't watch this PPV, but it sounds like it was total garbage.

Confirm or deny?

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Shinjobi posted:

Confirm or deny?

Started pretty drat good, went off the rails hard in the second half. Not even trainwreck bad, it was just a bunch of awful wet fart finishes. Honestly pretty much a microcosm of WM33, but at least it wasn't seven hours?

Fiveace Attorney
Dec 12, 2006

I ain't his friend! If you were to ask me if I was his friend, I would say "NO" to you!

Shinjobi posted:

Confirm or deny?
watch the tag match and thats about it

Jackie D
May 27, 2009

Democracy is like a tambourine - not everyone can be trusted with it.

Shinjobi posted:

Confirm or deny?

Nothing made me rethink cancelling after Jinder/Nakamura

Hammerstein
May 6, 2005

YOU DON'T KNOW A DAMN THING ABOUT RACING !
Up next: Vince liquidating all WWE assets, so that he can pay Rock and Stone Cold to give the rub to The Big Dog.

Do it ironically
Jul 13, 2010

by Pragmatica

Hammerstein posted:

Up next: Vince liquidating all WWE assets, so that he can pay Rock and Stone Cold to give the rub to The Big Dog.

bret only had a stroke and had his prostrate removed im sure you could get him to lift up roman's arm

YeehawMcKickass
Jan 2, 2003

WE WELCOME THE OPPRESSORS
Highlights of this event in no particular order:
Cesaro's face/tag match was so hype
Women's match being surprisingly decent as five way matches go
Auska promo
Cena trying to walk out of his bullshit match right at the start, probably the smartest thing to happen all night
Ring Post PPV MVP

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
So wait the whole "Roman pins Cena and Cena shakes his hand and acknowledges the Big Dog's yard" thing actually happened followed by them killing Brauns monstrous streak by having him lose clean to The Beast so he can take the title on another vacation?

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
Roman the Thrice-Crowned

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
Sometimes I wonder if Vince just takes intense pleasure in irritating fans for not playing along with him or if it's a total lack of self awareness.

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

tweet my meat posted:

So wait the whole "Roman pins Cena and Cena shakes his hand and acknowledges the Big Dog's yard" thing actually happened followed by them killing Brauns monstrous streak by having him lose clean to The Beast so he can take the title on another vacation?

Yes. Exactly those things. Also Cesaro actually tried to deepthroat a ring post and it didn't go well.

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

No one man should have all that Psycho-Power.

Man normally I find most things decent when other people crap on it, but No mercy loving sucked. Tag match was only good thing and that match was all Sheamus and cesaro so when they lost it was super deflating.

Braun dream is dead :(

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

I found my kendo stick, bitch!

Lipstick Apathy

tweet my meat posted:

Yeah. Exactly that. No Mercy loving sucked.

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
actually it's good.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

That show wasn't as good as I'd hoped, though it also wasn't bad at all, it was pretty good! I just psyched myself up too much for a crazy loving hoss-off between Brock and BRAUUUUUNNNNN and then they just had a pretty good if non-spectacular match that ended with a single F5 and that was that.

That said...

Chokes McGee posted:

I'll be god loving DAMNED if I miss my main man Honk Strongbonk

Shima Honnou posted:

You're like a caveman who got unfrozen and we have to teach you how to skateboard or something.

I really enjoyed reading Chokes and Zyla's posts in this light, especially with people explaining some of the more bizarre nonsense they missed over the last year or so like the whole Orton joins the Wyatts thing. Thanks for the fun times :allears:

spudsbuckley
Aug 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

(and can't post for 5 years!)

I've only started watching non-NXT WWE again after a few year hiatus and i can't get my head around how they have the most varied and probably largest roster they've ever had, with numerous excellent workers and yet every single feud runs for nearly 6 months and is just various configurations of singles and tag matches between the same people repeated over and over on TV and PPV. Nothing really matters and nothing feels special aside from Wrestlemainia and the Rumble.

A part timer being champion is fairly ridiculous as well and all his matches stink now anyway.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

spudsbuckley posted:

I've only started watching non-NXT WWE again after a few year hiatus and i can't get my head around how they have the most varied and probably largest roster they've ever had, with numerous excellent workers and yet every single feud runs for nearly 6 months and is just various configurations of singles and tag matches between the same people repeated over and over on TV and PPV. Nothing really matters and nothing feels special aside from Wrestlemainia and the Rumble.

A part timer being champion is fairly ridiculous as well and all his matches stink now anyway.

The top champion in the company for more than a day hasn't been a full-time babyface since the brand split started over 15 months ago.

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

Are you sure I'm winning the Rumble? That does'nt seem right.....

rare Magic card l00k posted:

The top champion in the company for more than a day hasn't been a full-time babyface since the brand split started over 15 months ago.

I mean, Randy Orton was a poo poo champion on Smackdown, but he was nominally a face.

spudsbuckley posted:

The biggest amazement to me is that somehow everything in WWE feels so bad. They've worked out a formula to have *** matches all the time, regardless of the performers. Like, AJ vs Owens shouldn't have this many blandly boring matches, it just shouldn't be possible and wouldn't happen in any other company.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Wazzu posted:

I mean, Randy Orton was a poo poo champion on Smackdown, but he was nominally a face.

Smackdown is the B-show.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Wazzu posted:

Like, AJ vs Owens shouldn't have this many blandly boring matches, it just shouldn't be possible and wouldn't happen in any other company.

It's kinda bizarre that I'm thinking that Owens/Shane will probably be a better match than any of the AJ/Owens matches, ironically enough because Owens can just concentrate solely on fighting Shane this time.

When do we get to have AJ vs Shinsuke for the WWE Title? :smith:

Glass Punkbull 141
Jan 9, 2008

This is the face of a winner. This is what winning looks like.

Jerusalem posted:

When do we get to have AJ vs Shinsuke for the WWE Title? :smith:

Best case? When Vince steps down or dies.

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

Lol Braun will never be champ.

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012
Was there anything on the post show worth checking out?

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

OctoberCountry posted:

Was there anything on the post show worth checking out?

Enzo babbling at King who seemed to be enjoying listening but freely admitted he had no idea what he was talking about; Alexa Bliss coming out and throwing shade at Mickie James; and Cena giving a very nice talk about Roman taking the torch from him rather than waiting him to pass it on (I guess their current way of saying "grabbing the brass ring") but he doesn't intend to retire just yet.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Jerusalem posted:

Enzo babbling at King who seemed to be enjoying listening but freely admitted he had no idea what he was talking about; Alexa Bliss coming out and throwing shade at Mickie James; and Cena giving a very nice talk about Roman taking the torch from him rather than waiting him to pass it on (I guess their current way of saying "grabbing the brass ring") but he doesn't intend to retire just yet.

Bryan and Vinny's description of King's look was perfect. "If this were 30 years ago I would have made so much money with you as a heel manager."

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
Honestly, everything but the top matches was pretty good. The tag match was awesome, and the Enzo Neville match was probably my second favorite. Miz/Jordan was solid, and Bray/Balor was a lot better than I expected. The women's match was a lot more fun than I thought it would be as well. It's a shame the topcard on everything but 205 is pretty garbage with protected wrestlers who are either hated by the fans or a part timer who rarely shows up to wrestle.

I think the people I identified most with in this ppv were the people chanting we want tables in the final match. This was the time to cement Braun as a true monster that doesn't make people look bad when they lose to him, and hit a reset button on reigns for a redemption arc to salvage his disastrous push, but it looks like we're back to the holding pattern for a while.

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012

Jerusalem posted:

Appreciate it, J-ru

Do it ironically
Jul 13, 2010

by Pragmatica
nia took a big bump that was p cool

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

Braun went down the exact same loving way as Joe. The faces change but Brock Lesnar is now boring as gently caress and doesn't make people look good.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Testekill posted:

Braun went down the exact same loving way as Joe. The faces change but Brock Lesnar is now boring as gently caress and doesn't make people look good.

I'd actually argue Joe looked better, even though the match was shorter. He largely dominated the match, and even though he was pinned off the single F5 just like Braun was, Brock did a good job of selling that he'd lucked out of that Coquina Clutch and that he could have very easily lost. Though part of my feeling on that may be based on Brock's "fuccccck...." reaction when Joe came out again the next night.

The end of this match with Braun you see him making a,"Phew!" face at Heyman, which came across more to me like,"Well that was a tough one but I won it clean" as opposed to the,"Oh holy gently caress I barely made it out of that one alive" reaction I think he gave to Joe.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

I can't believe WWE didn't use my spot idea, where the first F5 just makes BRAUN roll over and kip-up. WTF is even the point of wrestling :negative:

• Locked thread