Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
gingerberger
Jun 20, 2014

Gotta love my Squirtle Swag
There doesn't seem to be much fantasy basketball discussion in here, but I've got to think there's at least 9 other nerds out there who like fantasy basketball.

Basically I'm hoping we can get 10+ goons who want to play in a 50$ 9cat H2H league. A couple more details below, but post if interested.

Draft: Snake draft, randomized order, probably Oct 14 or 15 depending on people's availability, but we could find a time that works for everyone. The regular season starts Tues Oct 17.

League Settings:
I'd say normal 9 cat but if everyone wanted to I'd be up for a more creative league. Because fantasy BBall playoffs sometimes get hit by guys resting I'd say we divide the payouts with 40-50% paying out for regular season and 50-60% paying out for playoffs, depending on how many people join. I don't think the league is worth running with less than 10 people, but 12 is better, I'd play up to 16. All the money would be held by leaguesafe.

But I'm broke...: 50$ is like 2 dollars per week of the NBA season, which really isn't that much money and of course all of the money is paid out, so even if you lose you pay 50$ for months of entertainment, and if you win, you make much more. Anything less than 50$ makes it too easy for someone to just go afk 2 months into the season when their first round pick gets hurt, and that makes the league unfun for everyone.

I've never played, how does it work:
Unlike fantasy football, fantasy bball plays 9 categories which means you can win or lose against your opponent for the week in each of those 9 categories. You win or lose a week based on those 9 categories so each week you'll e.g. win 7-2 or lose 4-5, not win 1-0 or lose 0-1. The standard categories are points, rebounds, assists, blocks, steals, 3 pointers made, field goal %, free throw %, turnovers. The categories makes it much more strategically interesting (imo) than fantasy football, because it's possible for players to have much different relative values to their teams. For a team that is trying to win free throw % Deandre Jordan is basically useless, but a team can give up on (punt) ft% and then grab DJ, Drummond, Dwight, etc. and try to gain enough strength in fg%, reb, blk to make up for losing ft% every week. There's plenty more resources out there if you google a little, but I'd be happy to point you in the right direction if needed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

I'm interested and my wife and I have been looking for a league where people won't drop. I dunno how much success you'll have getting a full league at 50 bucks though.

• Locked thread