Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

Farmer Crack-rear end posted:

netflix has openly stated their goal is to get to a 50/50 mix of licensed content and original content within the next couple of years, and it's certainly going to keep going after that.

and the "original" content is 90% poo poo even the networks didn't want, 9% really bad original stuff, and 2% worthwhile

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

papa_november posted:

cord cutting will eventually evolve into what it replaced lol

remember when idiots thought it was gonna be the ISPs that would cause content siloing and totally not the lovely content owners who campaigned for net neut?

lol

ultravoices
May 10, 2004

You are about to embark on a great journey. Are you ready, my friend?
there is so much stuff that you can't possibly watch it all,

unless you are one of those weird people who keep their tv going at all waking hours,

and even then, just watch the stuff you like. you don't get any good boy points for watching everything.

BangersInMyKnickers
Nov 3, 2004

I have a thing for courageous dongles

why the hell can I still not buy letterkenny from US anything this sucks

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

ultravoices posted:

there is so much stuff that you can't possibly watch it all,

unless you are one of those weird people who keep their tv going at all waking hours,

and even then, just watch the stuff you like. you don't get any good boy points for watching everything.

theres not so much good stuff tho

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-

BangersInMyKnickers posted:

why the hell can I still not buy letterkenny from US anything this sucks

yeah for real

if you search for it on netflix it gives you trailer park boys instead

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

tk posted:

Which one? I feel like there's three weddings and a funeral episode, and they're all quite good.

Also:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q2Eqk2Uppe4

when mark gets married

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

Farmer Crack-rear end posted:

netflix has openly stated their goal is to get to a 50/50 mix of licensed content and original content within the next couple of years, and it's certainly going to keep going after that.

eliminating licensed content sure is a way to get there

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

I am extremely Jeremy

Tatsujin
Apr 26, 2004

:golgo:
EVERYONE EXCEPT THE HOT WOMEN
felt kinda bad for netflix at first, but then you realize they care more about quantity over quality when it comes to cranking out original content

i think amazon lets you pay extra now for web-only HBOGo now since they already had most of their back catalog

ultravoices
May 10, 2004

You are about to embark on a great journey. Are you ready, my friend?

Shaggar posted:

theres not so much good stuff tho

so only watch the good stuff?

when I run out of good stuff I watch commercials from 1981 on youtube.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
I really like the episode where SuperHans tries to get sober on the trip where Mark is gonna propose to Sophie

also the episode where Jez drugs Mark with cough syrup so he can have a party. "it's not like I'm going to rape him. I could rape him... I'm not going to rape him. "

also the one where he pretends to be a student to try it on with the shoe sales bird

Tatsujin
Apr 26, 2004

counterpoint: netflix doesn't have ads. cable companies finally slowly admitted that time slots are bullshit by bankrolling competing streaming sites but you will pry ads from their cold dead hands.

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

Tatsujin posted:

felt kinda bad for netflix at first, but then you realize they care more about quantity over quality when it comes to cranking out original content

i think amazon lets you pay extra now for web-only HBOGo now since they already had most of their back catalog

Ya anytime I want to watch a movie on impulse Netflix doesn't have it and Amazon has it for free or very cheap. We basically keep Netflix around for 2 shows.

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

indigi posted:

I really like the episode where SuperHans tries to get sober on the trip where Mark is gonna propose to Sophie

also the episode where Jez drugs Mark with cough syrup so he can have a party. "it's not like I'm going to rape him. I could rape him... I'm not going to rape him. "

also the one where he pretends to be a student to try it on with the shoe sales bird

lol that scene where they are at an outdoor party and super hans is smoking crack jesus christ and then he comes up later and says "this stuff is kinda morish" lol

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
Mark: You've kicked the crack?
SuperHans: No, it's that now I bang a load of Valium up me arsehole for the comedown.

also the episode where the crazy lady gives Jez and Hans the bar she owns and they wind up sectioning her

Tatsujin
Apr 26, 2004

cis autodrag posted:

Ya anytime I want to watch a movie on impulse Netflix doesn't have it and Amazon has it for free or very cheap. We basically keep Netflix around for 2 shows.

and its no coincidence they structured their stuff like a cable provider

you get the mainstream good stuff from the past 20 years for free or cheap but if you want ad-free twitch streams /w discount tie-ins to our retail video game sales or anime or something thats extra

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

indigi posted:

SuperHans: No, it's that now I bang a load of Valium up me arsehole for the comedown.

also the episode where the crazy lady gives Jez and Hans the bar she owns and they wind up sectioning her

lol with the washing machine in the middle of the bar

or

"hi mark; i just wanted you to know i think you're a real piece of poo poo"

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
last series is seriously funny

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

Tatsujin posted:

counterpoint: netflix doesn't have ads. cable companies finally slowly admitted that time slots are bullshit by bankrolling competing streaming sites but you will pry ads from their cold dead hands.

netflix definitely does not do native advertising at all

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

Bloody posted:

netflix definitely does not do native advertising at all

hold on let me bing an example

Generic Monk
Oct 31, 2011

indigi posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CMPuQGzxXc4

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Generic Monk
Oct 31, 2011

echinopsis posted:

lol with the washing machine in the middle of the bar

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LNWDdcVA79c

• Locked thread