Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
Serves 6. I will donate $10 for every 1/6 of that pie you eat on camera

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer

Poque posted:

To what? Intruders medical bills?

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
Whichever eating disorder charity Pancakes is doing seems appropriate

Pancakes
May 21, 2001

Crypto-Rump Roast

Poque posted:

Whichever eating disorder charity Pancakes is doing seems appropriate

National Eating Disorders Association

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

Big Mean Jerk posted:

If we hang on and win, I'll donate an extra $15 for that Springer Dinger

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

HAIL SATAN HAIL ERIS

CHAAAAAAAOOOOOOOOSSSSSSSSS

eta wrong thread oops but

Bilirubin fucked around with this message at 05:37 on Oct 26, 2017

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.
So going by this, the Astros have hit 25 dingers in the postseason (only 4 in the ALCS :captainpop:).

25 HRs + $15 for Springer's Game 2 HR = $40 for my toxx so far

Make me pay, boys :getin:

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Cubs only got I think 2 lead off hits all post season. So I rounded up.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
If Jose Altuve hits a home run in Game 6 AND the Astros win Game 6, I will donate $27 to Carlos Beltran's Puerto Rico charity. :toxx:

If Jose Altuve hits TWO home runs in Game 6 AND the Astros win Game 6, I will donate $50 to Carlos Beltran's Puerto Rico charity. :toxx:

holylemon
May 24, 2004

Dude, have you ever touched a dolphin?

Fun Shoe
I'll donate $50 to Global Giving's PR fund if the Astros win the World Series. I'll donate another $25 if Verlander goes at least six innings in Game 6.

Edit: Verlander went 6, so here's my donation:

Edit 2: And here's my donation for the Astros' win:

holylemon fucked around with this message at 17:57 on Nov 2, 2017

Petanque
Apr 14, 2008

Ca va bien aller
Godspeed, Houston. Congrats on becoming World Champions.

Imasalmon
Mar 19, 2003

Meet me in the Hall of Fame
27 Home Runs hit in the Post Season by the Astros, so $27 donated to the Houston Area Women's Center:

And $27 donated to Carlos Beltran's PR Relief fund:

Artix
Apr 26, 2010

He's finally back,
to kick some tail!
And this time,
he's goin' to jail!
It's a little belated but here's for the Yankees in the ALCS.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I don't want to make a pie shell from scratch, cool if I just use a frozen shell since that's not the gross part anyway?

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Intruder posted:

I don't want to make a pie shell from scratch, cool if I just use a frozen shell since that's not the gross part anyway?

No one cares about the crust. Make sure to get some of that pouch tuna with flavouring.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.
If my math is right, I owe $41 for Astros postseason dingers (26 + $15 for Springer's Game 2 shot). I'm just waiting for payday.

Intruder posted:

I'm sure there's a 50s cookbook with instructions on how to make a pie shell out of beige gelatin and spam.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Popete posted:

No one cares about the crust. Make sure to get some of that pouch tuna with flavouring.

Dude that stuff is the most disgusting food I've ever had.... that smell....

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
The crust actually sounded good

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.
Now that I've read the recipe, that crust may actually help make it more palatable.

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

I'm frankly still more horrified by banana ham hollandaise

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I've changed my mind about doing both at once and will follow the suggested schedule of doing the pie next week and the bananas this week

Oh god why did I do this

Sab0921
Aug 2, 2004

This for my justices slingin' thangs, rib breakin' kings / Truck, necklace, robe, gavel and things / For the solicitors seein' them dissents spin and grin / That robe with the lace trim that win.

Intruder posted:

I've changed my mind about doing both at once and will follow the suggested schedule of doing the pie next week and the bananas this week

Oh god why did I do this

It was the extra motivation the Astros needed to get over the hump.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

rickiep00h
Aug 16, 2010

BATDANCE

Y'know, I'm still not convinced that this will be the worst thing. That pie is still gonna be worse.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.

Trying to sneak in Cayenne to mask the weird tastes when it probably wasn't in the original recipe.

A shameful toxx

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

The cayenne is for the hollandaise, following the Alton Brown recipe. HEB was out of the instant stuff the recipe calls for

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Ready for the oven! Underrated gross aspects: the bananas are coated with lemon juice (to prevent browning!) and the ham is smeared with mustard before being wrapped around the banana

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.
Gonna sneak in here between the bananas real quick to note that I haven't forgotten my toxx and will pay it off but it'll be a little bit at a time, family medical bill coming first. :smith:

Making a deadline of myself for mid-January, got some money coming in for jobs by the end of the year I can use if nothing else.

Dr. Fraiser Chain
May 18, 2004

Redlining my shit posting machine

Yo I feel like this would be better without the mustard

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

The mustard is part of the recipe

Shockingly or maybe not shockingly, the ham is the only thing that makes it even remotely tolerable

Eating the banana part by itself is like death

Sab0921
Aug 2, 2004

This for my justices slingin' thangs, rib breakin' kings / Truck, necklace, robe, gavel and things / For the solicitors seein' them dissents spin and grin / That robe with the lace trim that win.
Edit: THERE IS A VIDEO IN THE MLB THREAD!

Sab0921 fucked around with this message at 01:57 on Nov 6, 2017

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

I appreciate you following all of the details even if it's things we wouldn't necessarily be able to see/tell

Sab0921
Aug 2, 2004

elentar posted:

Gonna sneak in here between the bananas real quick to note that I haven't forgotten my toxx and will pay it off but it'll be a little bit at a time, family medical bill coming first. :smith:

Making a deadline of myself for mid-January, got some money coming in for jobs by the end of the year I can use if nothing else.

Because the Astros won and it's awesome, I'll pay off your TOXX if the thread approves. $50 to Doctors Without Borders?

Pancakes
May 21, 2001

Crypto-Rump Roast
Updated the OP a bit (not the Puerto Rico totals but we've got some new images) and made my last donations. Seriously great job this postseason everyone. Once I'm done sulking that baseball's on hiatus I'll try to tally everything up and take everyone's over-donations into account.

My last donations for this postseason:

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.

Sab0921 posted:

Because the Astros won and it's awesome, I'll pay off your TOXX if the thread approves. $50 to Doctors Without Borders?

Match the funds maybe? I'm good for it once I get to January, just tapped out for the year. But MSF will make good use of all they can get, whenever they get it—they're doing some Puerto Rico stuff but also in lots of other hotspots worldwide. :unsmith:

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.
Rounded my Astros HR toxx total up to $45

Aulus
Mar 7, 2005

Le monde entier!
Est un cactus!
Il est impossible de s'asseoir!
Here's mine:

Thanks for being good in the playoffs but not good enough to beat the Astros, David Price :unsmith:

Dr. Fraiser Chain
May 18, 2004

Redlining my shit posting machine

Checking in with completed Toxx.

Go Stros

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Poque posted:

You've really done it now Intruder

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

I finally chased down (most of) the money I was owed. Goddamn publishers.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

• Locked thread