Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Starshark
Dec 22, 2005
Doctor Rope

Randaconda posted:

From my mom listening to it when I was small, Dirty Dancing actually has a pretty good soundtrack.

"I Had the Time of my Life" was on the charts for about fifty years in Australia and now whenever I hear it I just want to die. I really can't count this one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Starshark posted:

"I Had the Time of my Life" was on the charts for about fifty years in Australia and now whenever I hear it I just want to die. I really can't count this one.

I forgot about that one. I meant the legit oldies on it.

Kull the Conqueror
Apr 8, 2006

Take me to the green valley,
lay the sod o'er me,
I'm a young cowboy,
I know I've done wrong

Randaconda posted:

From my mom listening to it when I was small, Dirty Dancing actually has a pretty good soundtrack.

dirty dancing is a good movie

Dr. Gargunza
May 19, 2011

He damned me for a eunuch,
and my mother for a whore.

Fun Shoe
Orchestral scores-wise: Star Trek: The Motion Picture isn't...good, by traditional understandings of the word "good." But it's worth it for Jerry Goldsmith's score, which got turned into the theme from TNG and has the excellent Klingon Attack:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kbG3N51MEjM

For the biggest ratio of bad movie to good soundtrack, though, David Arnold's score for Godzilla '98 takes the cake:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IoTI_LyaO7o

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

i never watched The Big Chill so i can't comment on whether it was good or bad, but i did listen to the soundtrack a lot growing up when my mom was driving me around. lots of good oldies tracks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DIED A VIRGIN
Dec 21, 2012

yes no yes no yes
Saw Volcano for the first time recently. It’s bad disaster movie with a pretty solid score by Alan Silvestri. Silvestri also did the Mario Bros. movie someone mentioned earlier, which funnily was originally set to be scored by Jerry Goldsmith.

Also Dirty Dancing is a good movie. :colbert:

• Locked thread