Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JohnOfOrdo3
Nov 7, 2011

My other car is an asteroid
:black101:

koolkevz666 posted:

That was amazing, I had an idea of what was coming as I read about it but seeing it happen in person was vastly more surprising than I thought. Also loving the extra story tidbit you left there at the end with your subtitles making it seem like this has happened before.

Lazy Bear posted:

Five times before, perhaps?

I admit nothing

yet. :v:

Amidiri posted:

Fun fact: The original working title for this game was, 'Hunger'.

Correct! That's going to be touched on in one of the bonus videos I was working on. I do have some interesting concept art from that earlier game. It's interesting to see what they kept in and what got changed.

Sel Nar posted:

What, nobody else notice that the sausages on the table looked like they had five pink little sausages at one end?

And yeah, Six's hunger to escape seems to be growing exponentially.

I had no idea! I'm going to have to go back and look at that. Is it in any particular time? I'd love to get a better look at that. They hid a lot of little details in their games.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Whybird
Aug 2, 2009

Phaiston have long avoided the tightly competetive defence sector, but the IRDA Act 2052 has given us the freedom we need to bring out something really special.

https://team-robostar.itch.io/robostar

Nap Ghost
I think we can all agree that there are many questions raised by that last video.

Personally, I want to know which of the island's inhabitants had set up that chair in front of the two-way mirror in the bathroom.

Sel Nar
Dec 19, 2013

JohnOfOrdo3 posted:

I had no idea! I'm going to have to go back and look at that. Is it in any particular time? I'd love to get a better look at that. They hid a lot of little details in their games.

17:30, just as you're about to do the table run with the guests trying to reach you; the very first guest has several sausages that look like they're, ahem, 'Finger Food'

POOL IS CLOSED
Jul 14, 2011

I'm just exploding with mackerel. This is the aji wo kutta of my discontent.
Pillbug
Did she get taller...?

JohnOfOrdo3
Nov 7, 2011

Sel Nar posted:

17:30, just as you're about to do the table run with the guests trying to reach you; the very first guest has several sausages that look like they're, ahem, 'Finger Food'

Okay let's do some detective work.

Nothing in this frame... let's scrub ahead a little.

Okay here's something

Okay that defiantly looks suspicious. Internet magic, ENHANCE!

Hmm... Well it defiantly could be just uncooked sausage meat... But gotta say it does look more than a little bit like some fat little fingers.

Considering the game... I think we could probably assume it may not be an accident.

Whybird posted:

I think we can all agree that there are many questions raised by that last video.

Personally, I want to know which of the island's inhabitants had set up that chair in front of the two-way mirror in the bathroom.

Someone very desperate, considering the state of the guests and the chef. Then again, there's quite a lot of surveillance going on. So possibly the same person who made the eye camera rooms.

Oh! Here's a fun game for you all. In the latest episode there is an effect that took a full week to animate. It's less than a second long. First one to gets it gets a slap up meal cooked by our very own chefs!

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.
Is it when one of the guests tosses a table and the text gets hit by it?

JohnOfOrdo3
Nov 7, 2011

Mraagvpeine posted:

Is it when one of the guests tosses a table and the text gets hit by it?

Booya! I was really happy with how that came out. Each letter was animated frame by frame. Because reasons.

JohnOfOrdo3
Nov 7, 2011

Don’t quote me on this but I heard a rumour that the final DLC chapter for little Nightmares might be being released tomorrow. Let’s wait and see. I may have to start work on the DLC sooner than I thought.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
I understand it would hardly be possible, but I'd like hunger to be more of a game mechanic than just a cutscene thing.

JohnOfOrdo3
Nov 7, 2011

Glazius posted:

I understand it would hardly be possible, but I'd like hunger to be more of a game mechanic than just a cutscene thing.

It would have been nice. But like you say, I don't know how they'd do it. I suppose they could have put in a hunger counter and when that reached zero it was game over. But that would have completely ruined the pacing since you'd feel you'd have to hurry to the next spot you can get food.

Just FYI for everyone, the next episode is being delayed till I can find out what the last chapter of the DLC is like (If it wasn't obviously I was completely wrong about the release date. Apparently it's coming out later in February now). If it has any impact on the story then I want to try and work it in somehow. So bear with me a little while longer.

Then again you've all been very patient so far. So thank you all for that. It's been a pleasure making videos for you lovely people.

JohnOfOrdo3
Nov 7, 2011

Okay, we're actually one day away from the final DLC being released (being released 23/02/2018). So that's my weekend sorted.

JohnOfOrdo3
Nov 7, 2011

Hello everyone. Sorry to say no update yet. I want to put out an explanation video before releasing the final part and I have sadly lost my voice. Which I need to do the speaking part. If you find it please return it to me. I have looked behind the sofa and it's nowhere to be found.

Once I get it back I'll get that video wrapped and should have the finale up shortly after that. Thanks for your patience.

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

No worries, take as much time as you need! Glad you're still working on it :)

berryjon
May 30, 2011

I have an invasion to go to.

JohnOfOrdo3 posted:

I have looked behind the sofa and it's nowhere to be found.
Check the garbage. You'd be surprised at what gets thrown out at work when people aren't paying attention.

Also, quality takes time, so take your time!

Lazy Bear
Feb 1, 2013

Never too lazy to dance with the angels
I always find mine buried in the back of the cupboard behind the rice and tuna cans.

Srstiem, remember to gargle saltwater.

koolkevz666
Aug 22, 2015
Take all the time you need, this is a quality LP and it is well worth the wait.

Tombot
Oct 21, 2008
Just one episode left and its like its never going to be finished. Its sad when it happens and I've seen it a suprisingly large amount.

Arashiofordo3
Nov 5, 2010

Warning, Internet
may prove lethal.

Tombot posted:

Just one episode left and its like its never going to be finished. Its sad when it happens and I've seen it a suprisingly large amount.

John has been working on it. But these things can take time to get right.

JohnOfOrdo3
Nov 7, 2011

Tombot posted:

Sorry for not getting back to you sooner. I was so close to finishing I thought I might as well get the video done and then respond.

Once again. Thank you for your patience.

azren
Feb 14, 2011

Very good stuff. That ending was more bleak than I was hoping, but I don't know what else I expected at this point.

Hope your hands get better soon, man.

Tombot
Oct 21, 2008
Oh thank gravy. I hadn't actually given up hope, its just that this topic had fallen so far down the list that If I didn't say anything there was a risk it would be deleted.

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
Thanks for letsplaying this game in this unique style. I'm excited for what's yet to come.

One question though: are you still planning to show off the unique death animations we haven't seen yet?

JohnOfOrdo3
Nov 7, 2011

Carbon dioxide posted:

Thanks for letsplaying this game in this unique style. I'm excited for what's yet to come.

One question though: are you still planning to show off the unique death animations we haven't seen yet?

Yeah I am. That's one of the extra videos. It just wasn't coming together very well. But we will see the many deaths of Six. Count on it.

Tombot posted:

Oh thank gravy. I hadn't actually given up hope, its just that this topic had fallen so far down the list that If I didn't say anything there was a risk it would be deleted.

I was aware of the date. So not to worry, still had six days to spare :v:

azren posted:

Very good stuff. That ending was more bleak than I was hoping, but I don't know what else I expected at this point.

Hope your hands get better soon, man.

same. Problem is I work on computers full time. So I don't really get much chance to rest them. But once they're better I'll be back to killing rats making videos again.

Arashiofordo3
Nov 5, 2010

Warning, Internet
may prove lethal.
This was a good game. Pity you died though. That is going to make further videos a little difficult.

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
You know, I'm not so sure Six was hugging those gnomes. Her face was in just the right position for a neck-bite, and they turn strangely docile afterwards.

Well, RIP Geisha-Medusa. Six finally destroyed her fears and is ready to be all she can be.

Little Nightmares: She belongs elsewhere

JohnOfOrdo3
Nov 7, 2011

Elfface posted:

You know, I'm not so sure Six was hugging those gnomes. Her face was in just the right position for a neck-bite, and they turn strangely docile afterwards.

Well, RIP Geisha-Medusa. Six finally destroyed her fears and is ready to be all she can be.

Little Nightmares: She belongs elsewhere

Aw dude, no joke, that last line was pure loving gold. I think the entire thing might have been worth it for just that.

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

My pet theory is that all the gnomes were once people. Seems awfully charitable for The Lady to just give these people food for nothing.
It might be a curse placed on Six. I mean the gnomes seem to be food for these people and they don't seem to need to eat so maybe something went awry and Six' body wasn't turned into a gnome but it did leave her small and with a terrible, uncontrollable hunger.

berryjon
May 30, 2011

I have an invasion to go to.
Before I go any further, I'm seven minutes in and there's been quite a few places where Six looks like she's responding to the subtitles. But I don't see any. Is there a video error here, or just style?

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
That's intentional.

The real Little Nightmares was the gnomes we hugged along the way. :unsmith:

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
Six is looking for the subtitles to see if they followed her after all.

JohnOfOrdo3 posted:

Aw dude, no joke, that last line was pure loving gold. I think the entire thing might have been worth it for just that.

Glad you liked it! Good luck with the wrists and the dlc etc.

JohnOfOrdo3
Nov 7, 2011

berryjon posted:

Before I go any further, I'm seven minutes in and there's been quite a few places where Six looks like she's responding to the subtitles. But I don't see any. Is there a video error here, or just style?

Yeah it's a stylistic choice. She's mostly nodding to herself, shaking her head that it's just her imagination, that sort of thing. She left the subtitles down in the guest area when she went up the lift. Or so my little story goes.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Well, that does explain the eyes, at least. Though I'm surprised nothing happened to Mr. Arms after he suffered a similar debilitating injury.

One More Fat Nerd
Apr 13, 2007

Mama’s Lil’ Louie

Nap Ghost
Hey just wanted to say how much I enjoyed this, especially the narration style.

JohnOfOrdo3
Nov 7, 2011

Hey all. Sorry to disappoint. But no update yet. Just posting to let you know this isn't abandoned yet. Still working on the deaths video. I'm just struggling for time at the moment. So at the moment my plan is to finish the deaths video off and then close this thread. Then complete the DLC videos and make a new thread for them. Not how I wanted this to go. But it's a way more realistic goal at the moment. Thank you all for your patience once again.

POOL IS CLOSED
Jul 14, 2011

I'm just exploding with mackerel. This is the aji wo kutta of my discontent.
Pillbug
You're receiving high praise in the LP rec thread, man.

DrKirre
Jun 11, 2014

Am I a mouse dreaming I'm a cat, or a scratching post dreaming I'm a bowl of wet food? Never assume what you see and feel is real!
Mmm... wet food...
This LP is one of the finest examples of clever subtitle use I have ever seen. Subtitled LPs and screenshot LPs share that delightful "extra" character in the action - the text commentary - and you really made that character shine. Tis brilliant.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
This LP was recommended in the Sandcastle, and I spent my afternoon watching all the videos. Great stuff, it's amazing how much characterization you snuck into the game. Well done!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Donkringel
Apr 22, 2008
I just watched the first video, your editing and playstyle are incredible.

At first I thought you were calling the child Six and when they died you would then go "Oh! Seven, we need to get you some shoes!" Glad it isn't that way.

I like to think you're the imaginary friend of a little child. Or a Jiminy Cricket if you will.

But anyway, this is incredible!

Edit: Oh lord, sorry for the 4 month necro. I saw that the first post was October and I was thinking October of this year, I hadn't noticed it was 2017! I was just very excited and impressed with the first video.

Donkringel fucked around with this message at 01:32 on Dec 4, 2018