Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sludge Tank
Jul 31, 2007

by Azathoth
I know tweakers and junkies are human beings too and have problems just like all of us. I myself was one of them for a few years before thankfully my source dried up and I saw the light.

But tweakers and junkies are honestly a source of fascination to me and can be a captivating subject, especially the logic, behaviour or activities of said individuals. Please share your pictures/videos or stories below.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GV2l2kuQ9ho

A few of my friends have been lost to ice. And I know a few people that came back from it. It's a horrible, horrible addiction and these people need better help than is currently on offer for them. The addiction is of the devil and more powerful than most of them can overcome on their own without intervention. One good buddy of mine was a high school teacher, professional bodybuilder and strongman and one of the fittest people I'd ever met. He fell into the poo poo and is completely lost now despite multiple attempts at getting his poo poo back together. Lost everything. Eery time he tries to move away to some obscure tiny country town in the desert to get away from it, it still manages to find him and he gets stuck in the loop again. So sad. It's hard knowing that the person you once knew is no longer there and will most likely never return.

Sludge Tank has a new favorite as of 10:21 on Oct 2, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sic Semper Goon
Mar 1, 2015

Eu tu?

:zaurg:

Switchblade Switcharoo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PGSIrk8bS7k

Here you go, from my nation.

Might as well add a story that I've mentioned before, just to pad out this post.

Yet another co-worker decided that it might be a good idea to

a: Take up smoking that good old ice.
b: Borrow money from every source stupid enough to lend to him.
b2: "Buy" a new Ford Falcon-esque ute with no money down.
c: Gamble with said funds that he didn't spend on ice.
c2: Get fired from my workplace for nicking from the till.
c3: Get fired from his next job, for nicking from the till.
c4: Have ute repo'ed.
d: Flee Victoria to his native South Australia, leaving us to answer calls from debt collectors at work.
e: (Presumably) End up with a bullet in his head, and buried in the Outback.

This is about average for workers in my (former) profession.

Sic Semper Goon has a new favorite as of 10:12 on Oct 2, 2017

Sludge Tank
Jul 31, 2007

by Azathoth

Sic Semper Goon posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PGSIrk8bS7k

Here you go, from my nation.

Might as well add a story that I've mentioned before, just to pad out this post.

Yet another co-worker decided that it might be a good idea to

a: Take up smoking that good old ice.
b: Borrow money from every source stupid enough to lend to him.
b2: "Buy" a new Ford Falcon-esque ute with no money down.
c: Gamble with said funds that he didn't spend on ice.
c2: Get fired from my workplace for nicking from the till.
c3: Get fired from his next job, for nicking from the till.
c4: Have ute repo'ed.
d: Flee Victoria to his native South Australia, leaving us to answer calls from debt collectors at work.
e: (Presumably) End up with a bullet in his head, and buried in the Outback.

This is about average for workers in my (former) profession.

I lived off Grey St in St Kilda for a few years. Found a guy overdosing between two cars out the front of our apartment one night, another guy came along and said he was a first aider and we left him to looka fter this dude who was unconscious, foaming at the mouth etc. Came back half hour later and the cops in the POR Van had this dude over the bonnett of their van, still unconscious, now bleeding from the nose and clearly hosed, with all his pockets empited on the ground going through his poo poo. I said something like what the gently caress you guys need to get this dude to a hospital and they told me to gently caress off and mind my own business.

OldAlias
Nov 2, 2013

they certainly know how to hustle, even if it buries them... i remember living next to this couple who were junkies. the guy used to rob grocers, carts full of meat and cheese, then flip it to smaller local stores (learned later dude was on house arrest for this when I met them). he would shoot up with anything if desperate (red bull and puddle water through discarded cig butts is the most disgusting I heard of), surprised he was "ok." they seemed nice at first, but this was before I knew anything- were the sort of people who could rob you then try to help you find what they stole (ie, classic junkie bullshit). they managed to burn all of their good will with any and everyone in a matter of months. eventually, after breaching the conditions of his house arrest repeatedly to score he was sentenced again. at first the police suspected the device was malfunctioning - they reported readings wandering through a forest many miles away and returning home which seemed unlikely, but what I suspect happened is that he blacked out and teleported through the magic of benzodiazepines. in any case, they proceeded to rob everyone and skipped town to flee jail. you think you can be understanding about mental illness but there's limits when addiction can make shells of people, only stopping when they sufficiently destroy themselves or die

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

I'm glad that I got out of Melbourne, I used to live in Werribee before I moved up to Brisbane and you'd see that sort of stuff all the drat time. I actually was at home on my computer once and this guy high on ice jumped my back fence and came in through the back door. I'm actually really thankful that my sisters two dogs (a jack russel & a pomeranian) lost their poo poo which got him to bail since I'd had no idea that he had even come in before they started barking.

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

Seth Putnam RIP

:nws:http://i.imgur.com/JM35tho.jpg:nws:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

Did he die of old age

• Locked thread