Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Solice Kirsk posted:

Did you here Brooklyn 99 got cancelled too?

Yeaaaaahhhhhhh funnily enough it was all three shows I had just decided to catch up on on Hulu...

...oh. I think I did this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

floating 26" off da ground. BURR!

Brawnfire posted:

Yeaaaaahhhhhhh funnily enough it was all three shows I had just decided to catch up on on Hulu...

...oh. I think I did this.

I’m the OP and I still have 6 episodes to watch of this, 4 of The Mick, and am on top of B99.

I did this

J-Spot
May 7, 2002

Hughlander posted:

I don't think it was a cliffhanger finale, it was just a normal end of episode cliffhanger. How many times have they done that this season alone?

I don’t understand the point you’re making, What would make something a cliffhanger finale apart from being a finale that ends in a cliffhanger?

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Cojawfee posted:

Apparently it was all three shows that Fox won't own anymore after this Disney thing.
Well that's some ol' bullshit. I can't wait to see what Disney will gently caress over with their mindless acquisition bender next.

I haven't watched this show or Brooklyn Nine-Nine, but I really like The Mick, and it's the principle of the thing that sucks anyway.

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

I am the sexiest poster in the world!
We're still well within what I'm willing to put on the sacrificial altar to get mutants in the MCU.

Also as far as I know the other offer is from Comcast and I drat sure don't want them moving even further into making the content that they're shuttling into people's houses.

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

DO YOU HEAR THAT? THAT'S THE SOUND OF ME PATTING MYSELF ON THE BACK.

Cojawfee posted:

Apparently it was all three shows that Fox won't own anymore after this Disney thing.

Fox won't own any shows anymore after the Disney thing. Disney is buying Fox's production company. Fox broadcasting network is not being bought.

Of the three shows cancelled, two were Fox made and one (B99) was Universal.

bull3964 fucked around with this message at 05:34 on May 11, 2018

Crusty Nutsack
Apr 21, 2005

SUCK LASER, COPPERS

The Mick was silly, mindless fun with actually interesting and not lovely child characters. I think I'll miss it more than Last Man because there were so many episodes this show just went nowhere. Plus the whole main character being a stupid rear end in a top hat thing.

Hughlander
May 11, 2005

J-Spot posted:

I don’t understand the point you’re making, What would make something a cliffhanger finale apart from being a finale that ends in a cliffhanger?

My point wasn't a good one. I was mostly just saying that yes it sucks it ended there but it also wasn't really any larger of a cliff-hanger than they'd do at any point in the show due to the nature of the show. Which doesn't really matter much as a point.

china bot
Sep 7, 2014

you listen HERE pal
SAY GOODBYE TO TELEPHONE SEX
Plaster Town Cop
https://www.indiewire.com/2018/07/the-last-man-on-earth-will-forte-planned-ending-1201989300/

the article posted:

Had “The Last Man on Earth” received a fifth season, the audience would have learned that the masked individuals had hidden in a bunker while the virus wiped out most of humanity. Among their ranks was “probably a couple famous people” and “some kind of medical expert or scientist who knew, ‘At this certain point, the virus will be dormant. You’ll be safe to get back out,'” Forte said. When they discover Phil and his immune cohorts — played by Kristen Schaal, Mary Steenburgen, and Mel Rodriguez — “we represent a real threat to them, because they’d thought everything was dead, so they quarantine us.”

While the captors “look scary,” Forte said “they end up being nice people… Eventually we’d all get comfortable with each other, and they would kind of let one person out. They wouldn’t be scared anymore.” However, the newly-sprung crew remains carriers of the virus. “So we would infect them and they’d die like wildfire. And then we’re back to just us. And maybe one famous person we could talk into staying around.” Cue credits.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
So the same poo poo that always happened in that show. It's probably for the best that it was cancelled. The formula was stale.

• Locked thread