Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

nah there are definitely certain kinds of soft-touch coatings that disintegrate into a gross mess of sticky crumbs of their own accord, even if you put them in a climate-controlled exhibition case

i don't know which thinkpads might use those. my yoga doesn't. it's all either shiny black or subtly textured gray. don't have the material swatches with me rn but i wanna say like a mold-tech 11010, maybe a little softer

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pram
Jun 10, 2001
my work macbook pro doesnt have any stickers AMA

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

We're in the business of extending man's senses.

Cocoa Crispies posted:

don't the rubbery coatings just turn into a disgusting adhesive sludge in a few years?

that's sony, and it happens with virtually every soft-touch rubber thing they made/make. particularly the feet on the blueish/silver Vaios will turn to sticky plastic goop that's impossible to get off anything

SpaceAceJase
Nov 8, 2008

and you
have proved
to be...

a real shitty poster,
and a real james

wide stance posted:

The rubbery coating sounded nice for the retro, don't know how people like plastic aka "carbon" otherwise.

There's a rubbery coating on my standard T470

Cocoa Crispies
Jul 20, 2001

Vehicular Manslaughter!

Pillbug
my favorite sticker on my mbp that i didn't design is an ida pro "no undo, no surrender" one

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Sagebrush posted:

it's a piece of electronics, so you can't just assign it to any particular architectural movement.

if i had to classify it ("it" being the original thinkpad from 1992) as being inspired by certain well-defined directions, i'd trace it back to american modernism (e.g. the International Style), with the significant bauhaus influences that implies. this makes sense given the era in which the original designer, richard sapper, was the most productive. iirc he also claimed that it was inspired by a japanese bento box, so there's some essence of traditional japanese aesthetics in there.

...drat

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
i had the 17" mbp and it was huge like xbox but it died. the good part is its so big is that its corpse is used as easily identified props/set dressing in many plays now. reads from the back row. simple. gutted that bitch and jammed a remote control led in there behind the logo. A+

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
every fucktard in a play whos got a laptop gotta have a macbook. will a 11" air read from the back row? i think not

blugu64
Jul 17, 2006

Do you realize that fluoridation is the most monstrously conceived and dangerous communist plot we have ever had to face?
after the rubbery coating on my x220 started wearing off, I plastdipped it white, and then blue, and now white again. x220 supremacy.

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

:siren:I CANNOT EJACULATE WITHOUT SEEING NATIVE AMERICANS BRUTALISED!:siren:

Put this cum-loving slave on ignore immediately!

blugu64 posted:

after the rubbery coating on my x220 started wearing off, I plastdipped it white, and then blue, and now white again. x220 supremacy.

X301 >>> X201 >>> X220 > retro 470

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

Notorious b.s.d. posted:

laptops come in different sizes to satisfy different requirements

personally I prefer a 17" and I might buy a 19" if such a thing existed. but, conceptually, I understand why other people prefer 12 or 15 inches

simply purchase

https://www.yourslide.com

problem solved!

:prepop:

Bulgakov
Mar 8, 2009

рукописи не горят

lol

im dead

Helianthus Annuus
Feb 21, 2006

can i touch your hand
Grimey Drawer

Bulgakov posted:

lol

im dead

im the mystery hand grasping at the usb cable for some reason

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

Helianthus Annuus posted:

im the mystery hand grasping at the usb cable for some reason

I think she's mousing?

Fake E: ah gently caress, they're watching Ма́ша и Медве́дь.

Helianthus Annuus
Feb 21, 2006

can i touch your hand
Grimey Drawer

Schadenboner posted:

I think she's mousing?

i cant tell where the cable leads and its upsetting me

Best Bi Geek Squid
Mar 25, 2016
best laptop size was my 2011 sarnsung - it had a 1366 x 768 14" screen in a 15" case :getin:

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

actually thats a poo poo display and a bad size

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

Schadenboner posted:

I think she's mousing?

Endut! Hoch Hech!

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

all laptop displays should be 1920x1080, no more, no less

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
I love my 4k laptop display and touchscreen

Best Bi Geek Squid
Mar 25, 2016

Thanks Ants posted:

actually thats a poo poo display and a bad size

Sagebrush posted:

yeah it was trash and bad. it was a big part of why I retired it after 6 years. it was still more than powerful enough for browsing and lovely pythoning but everything looked awful

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

Bulgakov posted:

lol

im dead

rip in piss

Cocoa Crispies
Jul 20, 2001

Vehicular Manslaughter!

Pillbug

Sagebrush posted:

what the gently caress

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

We're in the business of extending man's senses.

Sagebrush posted:

1900x1200 you fool

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

all laptop displays should be high dpi and 16:10

Lysidas
Jul 26, 2002

John Diefenbaker is a madman who thinks he's John Diefenbaker.
Pillbug

8:5

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

:siren:I CANNOT EJACULATE WITHOUT SEEING NATIVE AMERICANS BRUTALISED!:siren:

Put this cum-loving slave on ignore immediately!

3:2 2:3 :smug:

Notorious b.s.d.
Jan 25, 2003

by Reene

Smythe posted:

i had the 17" mbp and it was huge like xbox but it died. the good part is its so big is that its corpse is used as easily identified props/set dressing in many plays now. reads from the back row. simple. gutted that bitch and jammed a remote control led in there behind the logo. A+

the most common death mode is for the ati graphics to fail

apple won't repair it, but you can install linux on it and just disable the ati graphics at boot time :q:

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

Smythe posted:

do you ever make the logo glow special colors to fit the mood of your plays? like maybe make it turn blood red during a murder scene, pulsating pink during a love scene, etc?

you might have a new star on your hands!

SpaceAceJase
Nov 8, 2008

and you
have proved
to be...

a real shitty poster,
and a real james
Lol Smythe I didn't know you were a playwright

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

SpaceAceJase posted:

Lol Smythe I didn't know you were a playwright

from his posts, he's not. he's like a set/light/prop designer or something similar. which is also cool!

• Locked thread