Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

The last of the big 5 shows of 2017 airs tomorrow morning at 4:00 EDT/9:00 BST. The one knock on the show is that the two top matches have obvious results, but they'll still assuredly deliver given the particiapants and there's plenty on the undercard of interest especially in the jr title scene. KUSHIDA vs. WIll Ospreay should be amazing and unlike the knife guy I have no real idea who Roppongi 3K actually is. As a bonus we have a rare Bullet Club vs. LIJ multiman serving as the opener.

KING OF PRO WRESTLING
October 9th at 4:00 EDT/9:00 BST
Ryogoku Kokugikan (Sumo Hall)

Bullet Club (Bad Luck Fale, Yujiro, and Leo Tonga) vs. L.I.J (SANADA, Hiromu, and BUSHI)
CHAOS (Hirooki Goto and Toru Yano) vs. Suzuki-gun (Minoru Suzuki and Zack Sabre Jr)
IWGP Jr. Tag Team Championship:Funky Future (c) vs. Roppongi 3K (X and X)
IWGP Tag Championship Tornado Elimination Match:KES (c) vs. War Machine vs. God
CHAOS (YOSHI-HASHI, Beretta, and Jado) vs. Bullet Club (Kenny Omega, Cody, and Marty Scurll)
Hiroshi Tanahashi and Togi Makabe vs. Kota Ibushi and Juice Robinson
IWGP Jr Heavyweight Championship:KUSHIDA (c) vs. Will Ospreay
Briefcase match for right to challenge at WK12:Tetsuya Naito (c) vs. Tomohiro Ishii
IWGP Heavyweight Championship:Kazuchika Okada(c) vs. EVIL

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Those top three matches are going to be insanely good

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Evil/Ishii at WK is gonna bang

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

oatgan posted:

Evil is gonna bang Ishii at WK

fyp

Golashes
Aug 8, 2006

team starslay3r!!!!!!
is there a kodi/roku/amazon app for njpw yet

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Golashes posted:

is there a kodi/roku/amazon app for njpw yet

i use chromecast so I've never done it myself, but there's apparently an Amazon Fire TV app available.

https://www.njpw1972.com/10934

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
Amazon Fire TV works well

Golashes
Aug 8, 2006

team starslay3r!!!!!!
cool i'll have one in two weeks so i can watch it then i guess

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

show's starting now

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

I found my kendo stick, bitch!

Lipstick Apathy
I have an early shift today so I'm gonna miss Okada vs. EVIL, god drat it. Tell me if this is anywhere near as good as I'm expecting.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Oh the Young Boys have come back as men? Roppongi Men?

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Rolling Germans into a Catch-German into MORE Rolling Germans :stare:

Dr. Dirt
Jan 1, 2008

This one goes out to all the Legomaniacs!
Are these just giant men or is that a tiny table?

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

yes

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Marty Scurll is extremely concerned for Cody's dick.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Switchblade is coming. I hope like gently caress he's a 1950s greaser.

Foul Fowl
Sep 12, 2008

Uuuuh! Seek ye me?
that was a sweet tag team match. my boy juice getting the pin :coffeepal:

Dr. Dirt
Jan 1, 2008

Earlier, my stream mucked up and randomly paused, then sped up.

I don't think that's happening in this match, but I can't be sure.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Jesus Christ that was good.

KUSHIDA getting booed kinda hosed with my head though. Is that even legally allowed?

Edit: Hiromu! :woop:

Edit Edit: Hiromu! :ohdear:

Foul Fowl
Sep 12, 2008

Uuuuh! Seek ye me?
naito's exhausted tranquillo flip :discourse:

another fantastic match. i wonder if evil will be able to keep up.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Holy gently caress this video package for EVIL :vince:

Dr. Dirt
Jan 1, 2008

I just realised that the Scout camp I'm attending in January is the week after Wrestle Kingdom. Sweet.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

I don't understand what the Japanese commentator is saying, but judging by his tone of voice during EVIL's entrance it was basically,"Holy poo poo look at that. Oh my God that's so cool. Look at EVIL! EVIIIIILLLLL!!!"

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

That was real good. Any other year it might have been a MOTYC, but it's not even in the Top 10 for this year for this promotion alone.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Jerusalem posted:

Switchblade is coming. I hope like gently caress he's a 1950s greaser.

Maybe Sami Callihan? Him and Jon Moxley used to be Switchblade Conspiracy.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle
seems unfair to award LIJ the win in that opener, Daryl ran in and made the assist, as glad as i am to see him.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle
the gold roppongi 3k is easily, without a doubt, the guy who's gonna make that group.

haha first try, eh?

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
is there anything more puro than a heel named EVIL

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

holy fuuuuuck the spiderman outfit.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

oh man hiromu is the best ever.

THIS CASTLEVANIA-rear end EVIL PROMO VIDEO IS MY FAVORITE THING IN THE ENTIRE WORLD

shiksa fucked around with this message at 19:22 on Oct 9, 2017

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

shiksa posted:

THIS CASTLEVANIA-rear end EVIL PROMO VIDEO IS MY FAVORITE THING IN THE ENTIRE WORLD

It was so loving good :hellyeah:

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Show owned. My boy EVIL held it down in the main and proved that he belongs at the top of the card. Okada even had to use the spinning tombstone to get the win. Also, did anybody else see EVIL puke after the first Rainmaker? It was real gnarly.

Roppongi 3K rules and Sho just throwing dudes around was awesome. Sucks that Funky Future had to lose though.

Hiromu getting punked repeatedly is not cool.

Why does it seem like nobody watched this show?

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Charles Gnarwin posted:

Yeah I was surprised at the seeming lack of interest, I thought EVIL vs Okada was going to be pretty highly anticipated even if everybody knew the result going in.

Demtor
Apr 23, 2008

"...you won't be able to walk, if you're always worried about crushing the ants beneath you..."
Still catching up from this past weekends events... Osprey vs Kushida 4... HOLY poo poo!! Highlight of the weekend/year/life. Unreal.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
That show was great and Kushida vs. Ospreay was loving next level. I'm sad about my boys losing the Jr. tag titles. Top two matches were predictable but good as hell.

I am gonna say I'm a little surprised EVIL didn't hit EEEEEVERYTHING or get to kick out of a Rainmaker.

Demtor
Apr 23, 2008

"...you won't be able to walk, if you're always worried about crushing the ants beneath you..."

Charles Gnarwin posted:

My guess is because of the forgone conclusions to the co-main and main event matches. I mean, everyone knew Okada and Naito were maining Wrestle Kingdom, right? That kind of kills the interest for some with booking inbetweener matches like that. Which is too bad really as they were both damned good regardless.

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.
A fair number of people travel for long weekends too which can make it hard to sit down for a wrestling show.

Ospreay/Kushida was my match of the night but all of them top three were great. Both tag title matches were highly enjoyable too. I'm shocked Kushida survived that weird flipping DDT thing as he seemed to land pretty awkwardly right on his head.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Takuan
May 6, 2007

I stayed up 2 hours past my normal bedtime to finish this show and it was worth every minute of groggy misery I'm gonna feel at work today. I know it's dumb and arbitrary, but the return of Sho and Yo feels like a significant milestone for me as a New Japan fan. They're the first people I've seen first as Young Lions return from an excursion. My wife watched the first couple matches with me and when Daryl came out she said "I thought that cat died." So I says "He got better. Actually, he got married a few days ago." and she gave me this look of both disdain and bewilderment and says "Your wrestling is silly." and I says to her, I says "That's why it's fun."

• Locked thread