Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Konsek
Sep 4, 2006

Slippery Tilde
Pocket Mine 3

Android
iPhone

Dig deep into the mine to look for treasure, blowing everything up along the way! A very simple game to get into but has a few hidden depths (ha) and each time you jump in there feels like some sort of progression, whether you're collecting artifacts, or tokens to craft gear with, completing adventures for rubies, or saving up cash to upgrade cards. As you go down the mine you can break crates to explode stuff and set off chain reactions in different ways, fight monsters, and open chests, until you reach the bottom, get killed, or run out of pick hits. Outside the mine you can craft and upgrade equipment, upgrade cards, and trade in artifacts for cards. It's a very easy game to get into and you can probably figure out the mechanics as you go along, but in case there are any questions here's a brief overview of different aspects.

Dig!

The main path is the Adventure mines. 21 different sets of 5 mines to dig down, each with their own set of artifacts, monsters, and art environment. The objective here is pretty simple. Dig to the end to get a ruby and unlock the next mine.

Daily challenges: where you compete for a high score with different sets of restrictions each day. Depending on your score you gain a reward which varies day to day.

"Galore" mines: Mines which have only one ore type. Good way to make cash.

Artifact mines: which last for a few hours. They cost more stamina, but are easier than normal mines and stock artifacts from a particular level of mines.

Monthly mine: Once a day jump down a mine which only lasts for the month, and has a unique set of artifacts.

Cards

Each time you jump into a mine you get the use of 3 cards, plus a miner card (some special mines have some different rules). Each card gives bonuses such as more damage from explosive crates, or more money from bank blocks. Each time you get a duplicate card you can pay cash to merge the cards to upgrade the percentage chance of its ability.

Miner cards are different, you always get one as well as the 3 normal cards, and these have a special ability that can be activated after 20 pick hits (can be reduced with gear).

Get cards from spending rubies in the shop, collecting artifacts, and completing special mines.

Gear

Kit out your miner with cool hats and picks and various other items which do things like set off fireworks when you kill a monster, or get extra artifacts from chests.

There is a Google Doc of possible gear that can be crafted here (not my work): https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1ayJYIseCHdjmiW56cMYicIYtn8dKFMZgaw7pAyjY1Ig/edit#gid=0

Upgrade the blacksmith (level 40 cap) with cash to craft better gear. When you kill monsters they drop tokens and you use these to craft the gear. There are 4 ranks of gear to craft and each subsequent rank has an arguably better set of attributes that can be randomly rolled (see above spreadsheet). You can upgrade tokens, 10=1 of the next rank.

Artifacts

There are chests dotted around the mines, which you can open with keys. Collect artifacts from the chests to complete sets, as you complete the sets you get cards. The rarer the artifacts the better the card. If you need artifacts to complete a set you can request it from your friends.

Friends

Adding friends allows you to request artifacts from them up to 5 times a day. The first 10 friends you add gives you rewards to use in game like cards, cash and rubies.

I don't know how to make a Google Doc that people can add friend codes to, so if someone does that I'll add it here. However pasting the URL from the "Share Your Code" button on the friends screen is probably the easiest thing, so if someone makes a page we can add those links to I'll add that here.

Enemies

New to Pocket Mine 3 is enemies, they can reduce armour and pick durability if they hit you, but if you get the drop on them you can kill them before that happens. Enemies drop tokens which are used to craft gear.

FAQ

I'll add any questions with important information here as the thread goes along.

Tips

Use the Cash Doubler. You just watch a 30 second advert for 15 mins of 2x cash. Start it and go and grab a beer.

Only spend rubies on cards. Mostly the "Premium Bundle" card pack. Other options if you're looking for specific things.

The first time you complete a mine you get a ruby (5 for the 5th mine in an Adventure level). Each time the Artifact mine changes you get a ruby the first time you complete it, even if you've completed it the last time it rolled around.

Concentrate on hitting special crates and explosive ore, instead of dirt. Every pick hit counts so use them wisely and sparingly.

There is some good synergy with particular gear. One possibility is a pick that shoots fireworks when you kill a monster, a hat that detects monsters, an amulet that spawns 100% more monsters, gloves with a chance of shooting fireworks when breaking coal, and to cap it off a ring with a 75% chance that fireworks will destroy blocks just by bouncing off them. Combine that with the cards that increase frequency of fireworks, and you got a recipe for Guy Fawkes night.

With that in mind, some of that is just Epic gear. There is some pretty good Epic gear, Legendary isn't automatically the best. There's only a few possible types of gear at each level.

Also keep gear around, because you might get more gear later which works well with it. For example you might also have a completely different set of gear for Artifact mines that increases your number of keys and chances of getting good artifacts.

AreWeDrunkYet posted:

For Tips:
Upgrade a set of artifact hunting gear (chest detection hat/chance for key back gloves/rarer artifact ring/double artifact amulet) for the rotating artifact mines. And shuffle cards until you get Jane. You're going to get to the bottom of the mine anyway.

Get the IAP that adds 5 stamina, if you like this game. The double stamina is well worth it and you get a bunch of other stuff to give you a head start too. Most people on this forum probably have five bucks from the survey app.

If you kill enemies when they have the exclamation point above them you don't lose armour or pick hits. This doesn't seem to be possible with Mimics.

Mentioned earlier, but there is a list of possible gear here.

Hobo Clown posted:

Great way to make money is on Diamond Galore day (like today). Use the cash doubler, spend a little bit of money shuffling cards until you get one of the 'exploding diamond' boost, and then run in there with your firework getup and blow up everything. One run-through of the third tier usually gets me about 20-25K a pop.

Works on any of the 'Galore' levels but diamonds are worth the most.

Konsek fucked around with this message at 21:04 on Oct 9, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Konsek
Sep 4, 2006

Slippery Tilde
My friend code is VTDT8163. http://www.pocketmine3.com/invite?uid=vtdt8163

If anyone has anything to add to the OP I'm happy to add it. That includes pictures.

As an extra bit of info, they recently added legendary gloves and three more Adventure levels so I'm hoping continued support will be good for a while. What was it like for previous Pocket Mine games?

Konsek fucked around with this message at 00:55 on Oct 9, 2017

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

Malnutrition is scarier than any beastie.
One tidbit with artifacts is when you collect one, you can set it as your avatar in-game.

So, with that in mind, important question time: whats everyone's avatar of choice? Personally, I like a good skull and the best ive found so far is the skull dice from the all coal mine I believe.

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

DAY CREW: WORKING HARD

Fun Shoe
Nice OP, good job :waycool:

someone awful.
Sep 7, 2007

Huzzah! posted:

One tidbit with artifacts is when you collect one, you can set it as your avatar in-game.

So, with that in mind, important question time: whats everyone's avatar of choice? Personally, I like a good skull and the best ive found so far is the skull dice from the all coal mine I believe.

I'm using the skull gem from the beast diamonds set. Skull pals

Here's my link, feel free to add me for spamming reasons.

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

For Tips:
Upgrade a set of artifact hunting gear (chest detection hat/chance for key back gloves/rarer artifact ring/double artifact amulet) for the rotating artifact mines. And shuffle cards until you get Jane. You're going to get to the bottom of the mine anyway.

DontMindMe
Dec 3, 2010

What could possibly go wrong?
I keep getting artifact related gear, but have yet to see the firework related items that are mentioned (fireworks on monster death, firework bounce damages blocks, etc)

Click this link to add me as friend in Pocket Mine 3.
http://www.pocketmine3.com/invite?uid=xtbv6262http://www.pocketmine3.com/invite?uid=xtbv6262

Tentacle Party
Jul 2, 2003

(breathing intensifies)
Nice one OP.

Here is my code to get untold riches
http://www.pocketmine3.com/invite?uid=dqtp3672

IAmTheRad
Dec 11, 2009

Goddammit this Cello is way out of tune!
Spam me with requests!

http://www.pocketmine3.com/invite?uid=qxfz1294

Zaekkor
May 12, 2010

Oh, let's break it down!

Added y'all.. heres mine:

http://www.pocketmine3.com/invite?uid=crnm6613

Obscil
Feb 28, 2012

PLEASE LIKE ME!
I just added you guys.

Here's my friend code: TSFM7668.

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

Great way to make money is on Diamond Galore day (like today). Use the cash doubler, spend a little bit of money shuffling cards until you get one of the 'exploding diamond' boost, and then run in there with your firework getup and blow up everything. One run-through of the third tier usually gets me about 20-25K a pop.

I, Butthole
Jun 30, 2007

Begin the operations of the gas chambers, gas schools, gas universities, gas libraries, gas museums, gas dance halls, and gas threads, etcetera.
I DEMAND IT
Here's me: Click this link to add me as friend in Pocket Mine 3.
http://www.pocketmine3.com/invite?uid=bcph5627

someone awful.
Sep 7, 2007

Hobo Clown posted:

do this with the goblin who gives you extra cash for every block destroyed :getin:

Konsek
Sep 4, 2006

Slippery Tilde

AreWeDrunkYet posted:

For Tips:

Hobo Clown posted:

Adding these to the OP.

I wish we had selectable gear loadouts we could switch between. It's a pain in the arse to swap gear every time I want to do a different kind of mine.

victorious
Jul 2, 2007

As a youth I prayed, "Give me chastity and continence, but not yet."
I tend to just keep two of each equipment. One that gives the most keys and the other that gives the most picks, or otherwise helps me get as deep as possible.

http://www.pocketmine3.com/invite?uid=swjf6438

victorious fucked around with this message at 21:45 on Oct 9, 2017

quite stretched out
Feb 17, 2011

the chillest

someone awful. posted:

do this with the goblin who gives you extra cash for every block destroyed :getin:

i do it with my max rank penny just in case i ever find myself inexplicably without any fireworks flying around

LeafHouse
Apr 22, 2008

That's what you get for not hailing to the chimp!

Added y'all. Let's be pocket friends together!

http://www.pocketmine3.com/invite?uid=xdvx8334

Vulpes
Nov 13, 2002

Well, shit.
I found a hammer with chance to not take damage on breaking dirt or rocks. Great, right? Except it literally never procs, even with a 45% chance. Watched my pick strength for 3 whole levels and it never once saved me anything. I guess it's bugged?

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

Malnutrition is scarier than any beastie.
Did anyone else experience a weird bug in I think the Thursday daily? There was a strange black square with the icon for monsters and when i touched it I couldnt move anymore. Does that actually show up in later levels or is it a bug?

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
I never scrolled down far enough in the store to see that they have a bunch of free offers for rubies. Most are just install app and launch it once for a few. Pretty nice to have a stockpile as it's the only way to push on in the adventure mode.

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

Digital Jedi posted:

I never scrolled down far enough in the store to see that they have a bunch of free offers for rubies. Most are just install app and launch it once for a few. Pretty nice to have a stockpile as it's the only way to push on in the adventure mode.

I'd generally recommend saving rubies for the 40 ruby card packs. There's no real reason to push on in adventure mode except getting more rubies, or if you got all of the artifacts at a lower adventure level.

Konsek
Sep 4, 2006

Slippery Tilde

Digital Jedi posted:

I would not go down that rabbit hole myself, especially since it's so easy to accrue rubies. You don't need rubies to finish adventure mines.

AreWeDrunkYet posted:

I'd generally recommend saving rubies for the 40 ruby card packs. There's no real reason to push on in adventure mode except getting more rubies, or if you got all of the artifacts at a lower adventure level.

Yeah, I finished all the mines without ever using a ruby, apart from a single one I tried early on to see how it worked.

I definitely agree with only spending rubies on the 40 ruby card packs. Although now I have all common and rare cards maxed I'm buying single cards for rubies to max the ones I use the most. Particularly Super Explosive Diamond for Diamond Galore days. And the Jane miner card since I'm mostly collecting artifacts now.

Konsek
Sep 4, 2006

Slippery Tilde

Huzzah! posted:

Did anyone else experience a weird bug in I think the Thursday daily? There was a strange black square with the icon for monsters and when i touched it I couldnt move anymore. Does that actually show up in later levels or is it a bug?

Haven't seen this myself, must be a bug.

Vulpes posted:

I found a hammer with chance to not take damage on breaking dirt or rocks. Great, right? Except it literally never procs, even with a 45% chance. Watched my pick strength for 3 whole levels and it never once saved me anything. I guess it's bugged?

What is the name of the pick?

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib

Konsek posted:

I would not go down that rabbit hole myself, especially since it's so easy to accrue rubies. You don't need rubies to finish adventure mines.

Yeah, I finished all the mines without ever using a ruby, apart from a single one I tried early on to see how it worked.

Really?

Man, I must be doing something wrong. Once I started at the X3 areas (currently X6) I can barely finish a single run let alone clear the whole zone without spending rubies. And that's with using Sassy (earthquake maxed) and all lighting cards, since most of my gear is specced for that.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

Hi I have no interest in this game and won't read anything about it but I really like the thread title. Well, bye forever.

Konsek
Sep 4, 2006

Slippery Tilde

Digital Jedi posted:

Really?

Man, I must be doing something wrong. Once I started at the X3 areas (currently X6) I can barely finish a single run let alone clear the whole zone without spending rubies. And that's with using Sassy (earthquake maxed) and all lighting cards, since most of my gear is specced for that.

At the higher areas I almost never finished first time, apart from the first area of a new multiplier. But it doesn't really matter since they're 1 energy and just playing was fun. I went for the whole fireworks setup laid out in the OP. That was when the blacksmith was max 30. Get some money in the diamond mines today and upgrade some fireworks gear!

Cards are also important. I found myself using the legendary bombs a lot and super explosive cards. I'm not sure if my choices here were the best but they worked for me.

On the other hand I am terrible at the daily challenges and rarely get above 50%.

Konsek fucked around with this message at 23:58 on Oct 17, 2017

milward
Nov 5, 2009

This game was real fun. Added everyone so here's my link:
http://www.pocketmine3.com/invite?uid=jzrs0908

Konsek
Sep 4, 2006

Slippery Tilde
For anyone still playing this dead gay mining game, there was a new update today.

New Adventure levels with sets of artifacts each.

Loadouts. They cost 50 rubies each but you get two free. 2 seems to be enough for me, one for blowing poo poo up and one for artifact hunting.

A new mine called Thanksgiving Trial which gives rubies, legendary equipment and legendary cards as rewards.

New gear! 45 new items according to their update notes. I just got the Battering Ram pick which pushes monsters back and makes them explode, plus gives extra gold. Some existing gear seems to spawn with new attributes too, like I just got those Rock Puncher gloves with added explosions on hitting iron.

Maybe it's just me but the mine layouts seems to have new interesting sections as well.

Konsek fucked around with this message at 20:34 on Nov 10, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wrist deep in the dead
Feb 10, 2006

If anyone is still playing this....

Click this link to add me as friend in Pocket Mine 3.http://www.pocketmine3.com/invite?uid=hqqm2417

• Locked thread