Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Combat Pretzel
Jun 23, 2004

No, seriously... what kurds?!

90s Cringe Rock posted:

My uncle who works at Elite said they were going to use that as their big 2.0 reboot, claim they're freed from the shackles of crytek and transferring all their models to the new physics.
Elite runs on CryEngine?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos
Lmao wouldn't an engine switch be basically a complete restart? I mean they need one anyways but still lol

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006
:gay:

Combat Pretzel posted:

Elite runs on CryEngine?
You think I'd get accurate news about Star Citizen from someone who works for Roberts?

That Dang Lizard
Jul 13, 2016

what; an idiomt

gently caress You And Diebold posted:

Lmao wouldn't an engine switch be basically a complete restart? I mean they need one anyways but still lol

Yeah, it's a real shame to throw out all the progress they've made.

Bulgakov
Mar 8, 2009

рукописи не горят

it would be amazing if google gave them a mountain of cash as part of promoting stadia, but by the time croberts and crew made anything with it, google would have already forgotten and abandoned stadia

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747
I haven't heard anything about an engine switch fwiw

El Grillo
Jan 3, 2008
Fun Shoe
VC maybe you could start the new Recap thread in MMOHMO? A bit more out of the way than the main Games sub...

lofi
Apr 2, 2018

I recommend Creative Convention, because the jpegs are the most complete feature. Putting it in Games is definitely a complimient to SC.

pokie
Apr 27, 2008

IT HAPPENED!

Why not E/N?

Virtual Captain
Feb 20, 2017

Archive Priest of the Stimperial Order

Star Citizen Good, in all things forevermore. Amen.
:pray:
PYF also not a bad option?

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006
It's not an MMO, it's barely a Game, it shouldn't be anyone's Favourite, but it does promise Everything while delivering Nothing.

Nebakenezzer
Sep 13, 2005

The Mote in God's Eye

I think if you can argue twitter is a MMO, so is StarCitizen, it's just that the game is being a shitzen or mocking shitzens

I'd recommend only one of these

lofi
Apr 2, 2018

GWS is the only subforum who could really appreciate the fidelity of the procgen eggs.

BiggestOrangeTree
May 19, 2008

90s Cringe Rock posted:

It's not an MMO, it's barely a Game, it shouldn't be anyone's Favourite, but it does promise Everything while delivering Nothing.

Star Citizen is a browser game where you play someone who follows the development of a fictional game. :350:

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

90s Cringe Rock posted:

'There've been a million bottlenecks in history where things would have turned out much worse if we'd all just given up and accepted the inevitable. Some of those bottlenecks would have ended us if a few irrational, doggedly optimistic souls hadn't clung to a thread of hope.'

lofi
Apr 2, 2018

BiggestOrangeTree posted:

Star Citizen is a browser game where you play someone who follows the development of a fictional game. :350:

Star Citizen is an ARG where you piece together the origins of a cult by sifting through videos, podcasts and message boards. But it urns out what looked like a deep and complex universe is just thinly-veiled advertising, and you've mostly wasted your time.

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006
Star Citizen is an ARG, and the only truly successful game Derek Smart has ever made.

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

90s Cringe Rock posted:

Star Citizen is an ARG, and the only truly successful game Derek Smart has ever made.

Found....he didn't make it, he found it.

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

90s Cringe Rock posted:

Oh, I thought Line of Defense is going strong!

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006

Hav posted:

Found....he didn't make it, he found it.
Diamond cutters don't make their diamonds.

Bulgakov
Mar 8, 2009

рукописи не горят

is star citizen 42 done yet

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lofi
Apr 2, 2018

Look deep inside yourself, I think you know.