Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
pwn
May 27, 2004

This Christmas get "Shoes"

:pwn: :pwn: :pwn: :pwn: :pwn:
I love the insane poo poo people are still finding in this game after 6 months

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oPjm3K5N6LE

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shards of Fate
Apr 19, 2002

They look like monsters to you?
With the amount of new costumes added in, is there any way to get them asides grinding for coins? I’ve been grinding Bowser’s Kingdom cloud portion for a few days.

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

Shards of Fate posted:

With the amount of new costumes added in, is there any way to get them asides grinding for coins? I’ve been grinding Bowser’s Kingdom cloud portion for a few days.

Do the luigi balloon thing, it's the fastest way to get coins.

MeatRocket8
Aug 3, 2011

THE UNVEILING.

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

booted up mario odyssey on a whim after not playing it in like... half a year. figured i'd start a new file since i did everything in my first one. turns out i had completely forgotten they added a bunch of new outfits and the balloon hunt mode, so i did that for a while to grind for coins

i'm VERY rusty at this game, so that's not helping when it comes to finding balloons in hidden locations and especially not when trying to find them quickly (i keep bonking into walls :mad:)

but this is a lot more fun than i thought it was going to be! lot of thinking involved when picking a balloon to hunt. you want to keep you streak going so you want to pick something easy... but you want win more coins faster so you want to pick something more challenging... so you start analyzing distance and where the arrow is pointing trying to piece together where the balloon before picking it based on previous experience... but you also need to gauge if you think you can make it there in time...

still need to go hide my balloons in nearly every level. i'd imagine where i'm hiding mine are pretty easy to find compared to others lol

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
It depends on what you're getting at. Everyone has their own favourite nooks and crannies in certain levels.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
The popular difficult ones become very easy to spot based on direction and distance. Sometimes the best strategy is to make some one look around for a few seconds because they don't actually know where it's at.

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

balloon world was on moon kingdom last night so i played around that for a while

i saw a preview where someone had hidden their balloon on top of the chapel bell????? :eyepop:

how the hell did they get it up there in 30 seconds? i could only make it to the front door!

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

There are a lot of coins along the path.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

Kaubocks posted:

balloon world was on moon kingdom last night so i played around that for a while

i saw a preview where someone had hidden their balloon on top of the chapel bell????? :eyepop:

how the hell did they get it up there in 30 seconds? i could only make it to the front door!
Are you sure it was actually in the bell? Back when Balloon mode first came out I thought for sure one of my buddies had hidden their balloon up there and I tried like 200 times and could just barely get up there but every time I did I couldn't see the balloon. Turns out what I thought was the balloon from afar was just a lighting quirk and the actual balloon was hidden out back behind the church.

https://twitter.com/zh_switch/status/967100746427596800?s=21

That said, it certainly wouldn't surprise me if they got one up there now. People are crazy in this game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

Cobalt Viper posted:

Are you sure it was actually in the bell?

should have been. i flicked between it and another balloon and kept seeing like two pixels of balloon appear on top of the bell because it was so far away lol

got curious so i searched youtube and found this which is very close to where i saw it... so i can imagine someone got real good at this path and shaved an extra second off to get on top of the bell

• Locked thread