Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

wanna know more about that knob

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

Captain Foo posted:

wanna know more about that knob

Great feel. All aluminum, feels good in the hand. Tasteful side knurling. Small, unobtrusive detents on the turn. Flawlessly controls system volume on bluetooth or wired. Push to mute/unmute speakers. A+

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Jonny 290 posted:

Great feel. All aluminum, feels good in the hand. Tasteful side knurling. Small, unobtrusive detents on the turn. Flawlessly controls system volume on bluetooth or wired. Push to mute/unmute speakers. A+

bless a good knurled knob

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
shiiit the wired ones are even cheaper. alice qmk board for 40 bucks if u want.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0CRVLP3F5/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?smid=A2A8YG9H54A5SR&psc=1

burning swine
May 26, 2004

I'm going to have to grab the real camera later and take some proper photos, but my long-awaited SA profile cap set arrived recently

she types good, real good. Theyre on a code w/ clears for the moment but I'm looking for a better home

amberpos supremacy

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

burning swine posted:

I'm going to have to grab the real camera later and take some proper photos, but my long-awaited SA profile cap set arrived recently

she types good, real good. Theyre on a code w/ clears for the moment but I'm looking for a better home

amberpos supremacy

those are great colors, and i like the great big letters

psiox
Oct 15, 2001

Babylon 5 Street Team

Jonny 290 posted:

shiiit the wired ones are even cheaper. alice qmk board for 40 bucks if u want.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0CRVLP3F5/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?smid=A2A8YG9H54A5SR&psc=1

how do you like the lack of shine-through lighting in the keys? is it still pretty much Fine? (i can't believe i'm even thinking about buying another keyboard but i like the physical layout a lot)

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
it's chill and i like it, it turns out to be more of a underglow effect and i like that

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮
i'm gonna get a 40% keyboard. you can't stop me. it'll be fun

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
make sure to rate this thread T when you do!

Empty Pockets
Jun 11, 2008

Empty Pockets posted:

A few weeks ago I pre-ordered a nuphy gem80

update: one discord spelunking trip and 3 day firmware update later, this keyboard mostly performs the function of accepting my keypresses and accurately relaying them to the computer. mostly.

6/10 I brought this upon myself and do enjoy the weightiness + typing sounds. I had to bring out my old filco while I was doing the update (3 literal days to wipe + write the firmware memory page by page) and it felt like a cheap toy in comparison.

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
ive got a real, real stupid board coming in tomorrow

meet the royal kludge f68

folding mechanical backlit bt/usbc 60% with a cute lil phone stand

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

that’s real real stupid lol

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
im gonna see if it fits in my cargo shorts

relative_q
Sep 9, 2008

shame on a kitty who try to run game on a kitty

wu buck wild wit tha trigga

just thought i'd check in to this thread to mention that i am still very much enjoying my ducky one 2 horizon keyboard with the cherry mx browns even five years after purchase. i do need to buy a can of duster sometime soon to get the cat fur out of it, though, and i have also considered buying a couple of really wacky keycaps for some of the keys.

however, this keyboard does not fit in my cargo jorts, so i may need to replace it with a smaller form factor.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Jonny 290 posted:

ive got a real, real stupid board coming in tomorrow

meet the royal kludge f68

folding mechanical backlit bt/usbc 60% with a cute lil phone stand

what on earth

that’s incredible

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
It's nifty and i've been using it a bit. It's super nice for when you wanna type a bunch of crap on your phone. Definitely not like, a daily main desk thing, but a cute lil fucker for 40ish bucks.

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

the koolertron came in! I’ll let you know how it goes

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

turns out, I USUSAKL

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

I DONT KNOW HOW TOTURN OFF CAPS NOW. TEN OUT OF TEN

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

Silver Alicorn posted:

the koolertron came in! I’ll let you know how it goes

:wtc:

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

Silver Alicorn posted:

turns out, I USUSAKL

thread title

Pile Of Garbage
May 28, 2007

Silver Alicorn posted:

I DONT KNOW HOW TOTURN OFF CAPS NOW. TEN OUT OF TEN

lmao badass

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Jonny 290 posted:

thread title

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

don't worry, I'm getting used to it

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
Honestly i REALLY like the double spacebar on the new one cause i have left set to layer switch-on-hold and space-if-tap, so i can left thumb for layer+cmd and hit tilde to switch app windows.

all hacker keyboards should have individually addressable double spacebars.

Generic Monk
Oct 31, 2011

https://nuphy.com/products/gem80

I think someone in this thread bought this - how is it? There's quite a few comments about reliability/debouncing issues but I find the brown/beige colour scheme so stunning I might pull the trigger regardless. Fukin love beige keyboards for some reason

Empty Pockets
Jun 11, 2008

Generic Monk posted:

https://nuphy.com/products/gem80

I think someone in this thread bought this - how is it? There's quite a few comments about reliability/debouncing issues but I find the brown/beige colour scheme so stunning I might pull the trigger regardless. Fukin love beige keyboards for some reason

See my recent reply for the details but debounce was a pretty big issue. Updated firmware is semi-available and also there’s a 3rd party fw that people seem to like that each solved the issue. I really like the build quality and overall do not regret my purchase.

I too went for the beige/brown and am now dutifully griming it up with tobacco smoke + ashes for full authenticity.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

F4rt5
May 20, 2006

relative_q posted:

just thought i'd check in to this thread to mention that i am still very much enjoying my ducky one 2 horizon keyboard with the cherry mx browns even five years after purchase. i do need to buy a can of duster sometime soon to get the cat fur out of it, though, and i have also considered buying a couple of really wacky keycaps for some of the keys.

however, this keyboard does not fit in my cargo jorts, so i may need to replace it with a smaller form factor.

good for you, I have the One 2 TKL and have three keycaps with broken stems three years after getting it. Like the silent reds though and will just get a good SA set to replace the thin crap it came with - when and if I can afford it.