Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
uncle w benefits
Nov 1, 2010

hi, it's me, your uncle

Monkey Wrangler posted:

The rule at any base is if the fielder doesn't have the ball, they can't completely cut off access to the base. Otherwise you could just have your first baseman drop a leg to block a runner's return on a pickoff throw.

You don't see them enforce this too much largely because of the mechanics of baserunning, and the fact Buster Posey was a catcher and not a third baseman.

It seems you must have the ball in your glove to consider it having the ball.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
I legit can't wait to hear Maddon's old man rant about giving up an ultimately meaningless run because of the Posey rule that he constantly challenges out of spite and yet never wins.

His head is probably going to explode before he's done.

uncle w benefits
Nov 1, 2010

hi, it's me, your uncle

Popete posted:

Never listen to old ball players talk about rule changes, it's never good.

IDK man, I bet Maddon was out there yelling at that ump like

:rant: Godammit ump, you know when I was catching that poo poo wouldn't have been called in TEE BALL!

Ump: Yea Joe, well, a lot has changed sin...

*Maddon is ejected*

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

Dexo posted:

I like how the Cubs just stopped trying at the plate after the almora hr.

All garbage at bats after that.

Would be great if any of them could find a bat?

Can we get a preacher to pray over our bats like the Nats did?

That was disappointing. Felt like once they got Kershaw out they got lazy in their approach.

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

Dexo posted:

I like how the Cubs just stopped trying at the plate after the almora hr.

All garbage at bats after that.

Would be great if any of them could find a bat?

Can we get a preacher to pray over our bats like the Nats did?
alternative explanation: the dodgers bullpen is good

uncle w benefits
Nov 1, 2010

hi, it's me, your uncle
Cubs had a bad game and suddenly the Zen of Maddon is thrown out.

Just like Maddon was :qq:

Vernacular
Nov 29, 2004

bawfuls posted:

This whole experience of having an effective bullpen is so foreign and amazing.

I wonder if Stripling will end up seeing any action at all with how well the Jansen-Maeda-Morrow-Watson-Cingrani unit is doing.

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

Also that game was awesome I am drunk and HYPE can’t wait for Rich Hill tomorrow

Canned Sunshine
Nov 20, 2005

CAUTION: POST QUALITY UNDER CONSTRUCTION

bawfuls posted:

Also that game was awesome I am drunk and HYPE can’t wait for Rich Hill tomorrow

I can't wait for us to shell Rich Hill for 10 runs... only to have the bullpen give up 11.

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012

Popete posted:

Never listen to old ball players talk about rule changes, it's never good.
he was making it very specific about posey which was the weird part to me. like he was insinuating that posey was a bitch for getting hurt and personally responsible for his injuries, and seemed to think it was posey solely lobbying for the rule change.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

bawfuls posted:

What's a Bullpen?

I haven't seen one of those before.

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer

Dexo posted:

What's a Bullpen?

I haven't seen one of those before.

Imagine what a pen looks like after all the bulls have left and that's what the Cubs have.

Canned Sunshine
Nov 20, 2005

CAUTION: POST QUALITY UNDER CONSTRUCTION

Popete posted:

Imagine what a pen looks like after all the bulls have left and that's what the Cubs have.

Just lots, and lots, of poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Popete posted:

It looks like Cameron Payne?

• Locked thread