Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bentai
Jul 8, 2004

NERF THIS!

Got a curious one. After I upgraded from an iPhone 8 to 14, the app no longer loads directly to the list of forums/sub-forums. Now it displays whatever thread or bottom nav tab was last displayed when the app was closed. Been looking through the settings but can’t find a way to change this behavior.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

I suspect that before it was getting hard killed as you ran out of memory with it in the background, and not saving its state correctly. It has always resumed from last state as long as I can remember!

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
Yeah welcome to the future OP.

Bentai
Jul 8, 2004

NERF THIS!

drat. I really liked that app behavior too. :smith:

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!

Buglord
Why does the long tap on images requirement seem variable? I feel like I was able to long tap and download images regularly, but today the long tap is like 5 seconds.

e: also why did long tap need to be longer? Is it a bug

`Nemesis
Dec 30, 2000

railroad graffiti
yes

OPAONI
Jul 23, 2021
When I try to upload images it makes the bbcode for urls instead.

Tenkaris
Feb 10, 2006

I would really prefer if you would be quiet.
What are you using? The current shortcut I'm using for postimages gives multiple options and none of them are url tags 🤔

Whoever posted it had it as timg but I changed it

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

to help me remember, I’m posting:

after many years, I have found a case that the tag autocloser doesn’t recognize as closeable

code:

[quote="[url=https://security.googleblog.com/2024/03/secure-by-design-googles-perspective-on.html]Google’s Perspective on Memory Safety[/url]"]

obi_ant
Apr 8, 2005

Is there a way to link a Post Image account to the image uploader (if I create an account)? My understanding is that everything is currently just uploaded into the void without the ability to modify or remove.

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

I don't understand why I can't harass people online. Seriously, somebody please explain why I shouldn't be allowed to stalk others on social media!

obi_ant posted:

Is there a way to link a Post Image account to the image uploader (if I create an account)? My understanding is that everything is currently just uploaded into the void without the ability to modify or remove.

People itt tried but the answer is no.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

not that has been discovered by this thread, at least

the json response that comes back has the edit key in it, so it could probably be saved somewhere, but you still wouldn’t be able to easily browse

obi_ant
Apr 8, 2005

Got it. Thank you. I will be more cognizant when I upload my feet pics.

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

Can the app be made to inline tumblr mp4's as well? It works on the website.

Example:

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3847325&perpage=40&noseen=1&pagenumber=1199#post539100631

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

It does inline some mp4s. They break the hold-down context menu.