Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

👁️🔥👁️👁️👁️BE NOT👄AFRAID👁️👁️👁️🔥👁️

Prester Jane posted:

I miss having functional pockets as a standard feature in my clothing- but other than that I have zero regrets :love:
I found a really cute shirt that had functional pockets hidden in the frills and then I found a nice pair of dress pants on sale that fit me perfectly that had functional, deep pockets that were sewn shut and that's basically women's clothing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Prester Jane
Nov 4, 2008

by Hand Knit

lollontee posted:

does the ACE have cult after-sales departments for harassing leavers like scientology?

Not directly, however because of the natures of the organizations that use A.C.E. harassment is common if one leaves and/or often results in you being completely cut off from your family and social support network. Speaking out against A.C.E is often a good way to get yourself targeted in any way that can be arranged by people still involved with A.C.E. and socially connected to you.

For example many of the links to first hand accounts I used to write the first version of this thread go to dead pages.

Prester Jane has issued a correction as of 20:34 on Apr 14, 2018

Slugnoid
Jun 23, 2006

Nap Ghost

PetraCore posted:

I found a really cute shirt that had functional pockets hidden in the frills and then I found a nice pair of dress pants on sale that fit me perfectly that had functional, deep pockets that were sewn shut and that's basically women's clothing.

They usually sew the pockets shut in the stores so the pants keep their shape better when they're on display.

If this is the case with yours they should be designed so you can pick the stitch and open the pocket with a pair of scissors. That's how my last pair of work slacks came.

Prester Jane
Nov 4, 2008

by Hand Knit
I have started promoting this thread on social media as I believe that this threat is presently the best one-stop source for understanding A.C.E. hopefully this will both improve the discussion and bring some more good posters to our dead gay comedy forums.

iamjohnsalt
Dec 6, 2017

It's a hugely informative read and I can only say I'm grateful I was never put in such a terrible situation. I'm sorry if this already came up but how does like accreditation or whatever work? I don't know if I'm wording it right but I remember when I was in high school my school lost its accreditation for like a super brief period of time because we didn't have enough disability access stuff and everyone was freaking out about how our diplomas were going to be worthless. Is that not a thing with these "schools"?

Prester Jane
Nov 4, 2008

by Hand Knit
A.C.E. is not accredited and the degrees it is shoes are literally not worth the paper they are written on. This is a huge problem for A.C.E. graduates because they often find out in the course of job interviews or university applications that they don't actually have a high school education. They usually find this out in the format of being accused of lying.

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

👁️🔥👁️👁️👁️BE NOT👄AFRAID👁️👁️👁️🔥👁️

Prester Jane posted:

A.C.E. is not accredited and the degrees it is shoes are literally not worth the paper they are written on. This is a huge problem for A.C.E. graduates because they often find out in the course of job interviews or university applications that they don't actually have a high school education. They usually find this out in the format of being accused of lying.
I mean the idea is to keep the kids dependent on their parents, right? Can't leave if you don't have a high school diploma.

Communist Zombie
Nov 1, 2011
Isnt there like one accredited college that accepts ACE and its college equivalent? Jones University I think?

Best Korea
Feb 15, 2012
Not so much dependent on the parents, but to make it impossible to leave the community. They can get hired by other people in the church.

Communist Zombie posted:

Isnt there like one accredited college that accepts ACE and its college equivalent? Jones University I think?

Are you thinking of Liberty?

Communist Zombie
Nov 1, 2011
Maybe? Im only a casual fan of conservative insanity. :v:

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment I'm alive, I pray for death!

Communist Zombie posted:

Bob Jones wasn't fully accredited until last year. No idea if they've ever accepted "graduates" from ACE or similar indoctrination programs.

viral spiral
Sep 19, 2017

by R. Guyovich
The Republican Party is a terrorist organization.

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!

viral spiral posted:

The Republican Party is a terrorist organization.

Teorrists commit acts of violence to promote political change.

Republicans commit acts of political change to promote violence

viral spiral
Sep 19, 2017

by R. Guyovich

ikanreed posted:

Teorrists commit acts of violence to promote political change.

Republicans commit acts of political change to promote violence

Republicans want to:

- Get rid of SNAP/cut it
- Get rid of Medicaid / Medicare or cut it
- Cut Social Security
- Defund public education. Just look at the results in Oklahoma or the south.
- Tell a woman what she can do with her uterus
- Keep the gender wage gap
- Take rights away from LGBT people
- Take rights away from minorities
- Put reactionary Christianity into the government
- Tax cuts for the rich
- Deregulate Wall Street and corporations
- Prevent gun control, and now they want to literally arm teachers
- Subsidize defense contractors at the expense of everything and everyone else
- Endless, perpetual war
- Openly adopting white supremacist talking points in recent years
- Militarize the police
- Prolong the drug war, and even expand it

Conclusion: The Republican Party is a terrorist organization.

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!
Taking jokes seriously in the awful home schooling thread

viral spiral
Sep 19, 2017

by R. Guyovich

ikanreed posted:

Taking jokes seriously in the awful home schooling thread

There's plenty of centrist and right-wing assholes who lurk this forum; they often need to be reminded of how atrociously erroneous they are about everything.

Prester Jane
Nov 4, 2008

by Hand Knit
Viral Spiral if I ask really politely will you take your bad faith posting out of my thread? Because I am asking very nicely here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

viral spiral
Sep 19, 2017

by R. Guyovich

Prester Jane posted:

Viral Spiral if I ask really politely will you take your bad faith posting out of my thread? Because I am asking very nicely here.

It's not bad faith posting but sure

• Locked thread