Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Are You Ready for Asuka?
This poll is closed.
(Truth) No 17 10.56%
(Lie) Yes 15 9.32%
(Lying to Yourself) I believe I am 20 12.42%
NOBODY IS READY FOR ASUKA! 54 33.54%
Honestly I'm just grateful we're not getting Sister Abigail.... 55 34.16%
Total: 88 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
rovert
Jun 10, 2013
I want to see Mayor of Knox County voter approval polls first thing Monday morning.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

rovert posted:

I want to see Mayor of Knox County voter approval polls first thing Monday morning.

Kane is wanted as an accessory to murder, I'm not sure he can serve

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:
Looking forward to Roman returning in a few weeks to "WE WANT ANGLE! ROMAN SUCKS!" chants.

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

Are you sure I'm winning the Rumble? That does'nt seem right.....

SunshineDanceParty posted:

That was a really fun match but I never watched Angle and I missed the Shield by a few months. It was a fun silly thing but I understand it was bigger for a lot of you. Really good ppv overall.

Angle was a near perfect mix of excellent wrestler, promo, charisma, goofiness, intense seriousness.

Tonight was one of the best of all time coming back for a good time full of fun nostalgia.

(I want Kurt to wrestle against someone deserving at Wrestlemania)

Wazzu fucked around with this message at 04:50 on Oct 23, 2017

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

reach42 posted:

It's hard for him to turn face when he's loving DEAD

As if Zombie Braun wouldn't be a face.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

Taintrunner posted:

Kane is wanted as an accessory to murder, I'm not sure he can serve

Which murder are we talking about here? He’s got a few.

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

Angry Grimace posted:

Man everyone was super gentle with Angle.

Wrestlers generally should be gentle with each other :) Entertain us, don't hurt yourself.

And it's a shame that Emma is seemingly eternally slotted in the 'good hand' position, but man she is able to have great matches with everyone and I'm happy she was allowed to have a great match with Asuka.

PASS THE MASH
Oct 30, 2013

Wazzu posted:

Angle was a near perfect mix of excellent wrestler, promo, charisma, goofiness, intense seriousness.

Tonight was one of the best of all time coming back for a good time full of fun nostalgia.

(I want Kurt to wrestle against someone deserving at Wrestlemania)

It’s going to be Angle vs Jordan if anything.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

PASS THE MASH posted:

It’s going to be Angle vs Jordan if anything.

Angle x Gable for Jordan's love.

You know you want it.

TealShark
Mar 22, 2004

I shall duck behind that little garbage car.
Is it too early to award the Superstar of the Year Slammy Award to Spinal Meningitis?

Do it ironically
Jul 13, 2010

by Pragmatica
aha i loved that match so much, between that and the aj/finn match i was hype and thoroughly sports entertained

i love kurt

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

Nobody tell Kurt that Team Miz done did a murder while he was knocked out backstage. It'll upset him.

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

ACTUALLY IT IS VERY GOOD THAT THE SHOW IS BAD AND ANYONE WHO DOESN'T REALIZE WHY THAT'S GOOD IS AN IDIOT. JUST ENJOY THE BAD SHOW INSTEAD OF THINKING.
That TLC match was a beautiful disaster.

I wouldn't call it 5 stars or anything but good god that was so loving entertaining.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
While I skipped over Jordan/Elias, I have to say that I didn't end that PPV being pissed off like I usual am.

Great job WWE?

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

Astro7x posted:

While I skipped over Jordan/Elias, I have to say that I didn't end that PPV being pissed off like I usual am.

Great job WWE?

Faces standing tall is fun! Admittedly, the streak is still alive- no PPV in 18 months has ended with full time face standing tall. But the good guys triumphed and beat the odds!

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine
Overall pretty good, annoyed that Alexa Bliss retained her title(cause she is an incredibly annoying oval office*), and kinda mixed feelings regarding Enzo getting back the title so soon(Kalisto should have held onto the title for at least another month, before losing it)

*at least in her in-ring persona

Jackie D
May 27, 2009

Democracy is like a tambourine - not everyone can be trusted with it.

Wazzu posted:

Faces standing tall is fun! Admittedly, the streak is still alive- no PPV in 18 months has ended with full time face standing tall. But the good guys triumphed and beat the odds!

Kurt wasn't the only one standing tall!!!

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

Children STILL love me, dammit!

I like it.

Platypus Farm
Jul 12, 2003

Francis is my name, and breeding is my game. All bow before the fertile smut-god!

Jackie D posted:

Kurt Angle has not wrestled since 2006. Please stop spreading misinformation.

I like that corey made a point of saying SQUARED CIRCLE because TNA has that hexagon thing.

Of course I guess they forgot the...what was it? WCPW he did in january or whenever it was?

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Dango Bango posted:

I'm partial to the WM21 match with Michaels due to how good the build to that match was too.

Kurt rising from the dead to slap one last Ankle Lock on HBK was so, so good, even though they kept it going for like 5 minutes.

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

lol

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Platypus Farm posted:

I like that corey made a point of saying SQUARED CIRCLE because TNA has that hexagon thing.

Of course I guess they forgot the...what was it? WCPW he did in january or whenever it was?

To be fair, they were consistent about this being his first match 'in a WWE ring' in 11 years, which is true, and only seems like ignoring TNA because 90% of the time WWE acts like a WWE ring is synonymous with a pro-wrestling ring.

I'm also pretty sure TNA went to a square ring for like 3 years while Kurt was there.

Sugar Blaster
Dec 15, 2004

All ears, all eyes, all the time!

drrockso20 posted:

Overall pretty good, annoyed that Alexa Bliss retained her title(cause she is an incredibly annoying oval office*), and kinda mixed feelings regarding Enzo getting back the title so soon(Kalisto should have held onto the title for at least another month, before losing it)

*at least in her in-ring persona
you get how heels and faces work right?

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

I'm proud of Kane for easily defeating the man who was ultracompetitive with Styles for half an hour

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

Sugar Blaster posted:

you get how heels and faces work right?

For the most part I'd say yes, doesn't mean I can't find her obnoxious though

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Kane is good.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Chris James 2 posted:

I'm proud of Kane for easily defeating the man who was ultracompetitive with Styles for half an hour

Vince: "It's OK because he wasn't wearing the goofy make-up so he's a jobber!"

It also took them less than 24 hours to turn Asuka from WCW-Goldberg-but-a-Japanese-lady to WWE-Goldberg-but-a-Japanese-lady.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Gaz-L posted:

Vince: "It's OK because he wasn't wearing the goofy make-up so he's a jobber!"

It also took them less than 24 hours to turn Asuka from WCW-Goldberg-but-a-Japanese-lady to WWE-Goldberg-but-a-Japanese-lady.

WWE Goldberg got to do squashes both runs in the company

Remember the EC match where he basically eliminated 3 or 4 people without taking a bump

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Also Asuka was never Goldberg in NXT.

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Aphrodite posted:

Also Asuka was never Goldberg in NXT.

I think the only one-sided affairs she ever had, if I remember corectly, were versus Carmella and whichever one of the two ditzy teens that are getting a push in NXT. Both?

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Anyway, every one of you is either remembering Asuka wrong, or didn't watch NXT to begin with, which is good, cuz NXT is bad. If Asuka just beats people, even cowardly, it will be true to the spirit of her NXT run. She had a period of ducking people and cheating, too.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

drrockso20 posted:

For the most part I'd say yes, doesn't mean I can't find her obnoxious though

what_a_mark.avi

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug

RacistGuidingLight posted:

Anyway, every one of you is either remembering Asuka wrong, or didn't watch NXT to begin with, which is good, cuz NXT is bad. If Asuka just beats people, even cowardly, it will be true to the spirit of her NXT run. She had a period of ducking people and cheating, too.

see you dont get it those were competeive matches with people who were good and powerful in nxt like emma, becky, dana and bayley. now shes ont he main roster and she shouldnt be struggling with jobbers like emma, bayley, and dana

• Locked thread