Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CountScary
Oct 17, 2017

So I went on a camp out this weekend and decided to use my hammock.
I placed my backpack with my gear under my hammock and all was well, slept great both nights...

Before leaving, this mouse was acting very weird as I broke camp and packed my gear.

After I unpacked my gear, I found these nestled in a well chewed pair of pants at the bottom of my pack.

So, any other hammock campers around have any advice for avoiding this sort of thing in the future?
I did not have any food in my pack and used my rain cover on my backpack with the rain cover on the ground.
I had went through my pack last night, and the mice were not in my pack at that point, so, the mother mouse must have moved her litter into my pack in the night.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

crusty
Apr 16, 2015

Crustacean
Cute, what are you going to name them

crusty
Apr 16, 2015

Crustacean
Hopefully not "dead mouse 1" through "dead mouse 5"

CountScary
Oct 17, 2017

Sorry, crusty, I did not name them before I put them out of their misery.
:sigh:

MoldyFrog
Oct 28, 2006
Who doesnt like a green fuzzy thing?
You can hang your bag off the suspension lines with a simple stick toggle to keep it off the ground assuming it's not a super heavy bag.

Epitope
Nov 27, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Leave only footprints, take only what mother gnaws into your pack

CountScary
Oct 17, 2017

MoldyFrog posted:

You can hang your bag off the suspension lines with a simple stick toggle to keep it off the ground assuming it's not a super heavy bag.

I will have to consider this. The pack was moderately heavy, but not too bad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trauma Dog 3000
Aug 30, 2017

by SA Support Robot
babykiller

• Locked thread