Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pot Smoke Phoenix

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
Go here and fill out the form for a virtual boarding pass and get your name to Mars! Get your name to Mars! Get your name to Mars!

https://mars.jpl.nasa.gov/participate/send-your-name/insight/

P.S.- this is the LAST DAY TO SIGN UP

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UWBW

Permanently banned from the Alamo
The security agent gives me a strange look as he reads over my boarding pass.

"Are you sure, son?" is the only question he asks me. I nod enthusiastically, and pat my suitcase full nutter butters and protein bars. The bustling noise of the airport fills the air for a few moments as neither of us say anything.

The agent shrugs and ushers me over to a side room. He knocks on the wall with a strange, non-repeating signal and a secret door slides open. He guides me inside, and shuts the door behind me. It's a long, winding hallway that leads me straight to the InSight lander. A group of men in suits open a small compartment in the bottom, and I hop inside. As the door shuts, I begin writing in my journal.

Day 1 - Launch day! Can't wait. Currently in lander.
Day 1 - still waiting, this is gonna be great
Day 1 - ok last entry things are rumbling now I think it's almost time
Day 2 - I have made a horrendous mistake

Thanks to Manifisto for the sig, and Koishi for the last one. TVsVeryOwn made the CyberMike.

Soulkys

The beast of Tanagra
KrulNak the martian is tilling his martian java field when his hoe rebounds off of a golden nameplate once affixed to the InSight lander. KrulNak stops his work a moment and dusts the heavy plate off, reads the names listed there. Beings hoping for something more flung across space just to say they were there. He wipes his brow, looks up at the yawning black sky above alive with glimmering stars and passing gaseous miasma blooming red in the suns ray. We're not so different, he muses and turns back to his work.

His firstborn hatches, a new creature beautiful and full of potential. He holds the squalling ball of arms and legs and remembers the nameplate and all those curious, yearning beings that came before him. He names his child in a gentle whisper and he picks a human name. "Hello....Anus"

kuskus

Want to leave Earth forever? Take this Mars test and apply now!

• Locked thread