Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Helianthus Annuus
Feb 21, 2006

can i touch your hand
Grimey Drawer
https://apps.ubuntu.com/cat/applications/precise/computer-janitor-gtk/

its u

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bored Online
May 25, 2009

We don't need Rome telling us what to do.
im the one star do not use rating

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb
Look, you had linux on your computer, you wanted it clean, I'm not clear on why you're calling this 'data loss'.

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-

Dongslayer. posted:

im the one star do not use rating

best practice is now to use apt autoremove, not apt-get, please update your comment ryan

also rated this thread one star

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

"Be careful. It's very powerful, so DO pay attention on what you're allowing it to delete."

my farts are also very powerful

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

wrong op. that program seems to know what its deleting. the things i delete from the computers i janitor are completely random.

pram
Jun 10, 2001
bump i guess

MrMoo
Sep 14, 2000

I think I remember this package was pretty much broken on release, how is it still there?

ultravoices
May 10, 2004

You are about to embark on a great journey. Are you ready, my friend?
computer janitor with scrubbing bubbles and lemon

RISCy Business
Jun 17, 2015

bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork
Fun Shoe
its u op!!!!

Helianthus Annuus
Feb 21, 2006

can i touch your hand
Grimey Drawer
if your still on the fence about installing this, you can read old reviews from bububu 11.04 and 11.10

https://apps.ubuntu.com/cat/applications/natty/computer-janitor-gtk/
https://apps.ubuntu.com/cat/applications/oneiric/computer-janitor-gtk/

Helianthus Annuus
Feb 21, 2006

can i touch your hand
Grimey Drawer

stupid app posted:

this is supposed to be a Ccleaner for linux but it just deleting apps and drivers it thinks you dont need even when im using it right now and used it every day before no real garbage cleaned

^^^ every bunutu user imo

RISCy Business
Jun 17, 2015

bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork
Fun Shoe

Helianthus Annuus posted:

^^^ every bunutu user imo

maybe if they run this on the forums servers it'll delete your posts

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Helianthus Annuus
Feb 21, 2006

can i touch your hand
Grimey Drawer

RISCy Business posted:

maybe if they run this on the forums servers it'll delete your posts

well sometime this is awesome software sometime is horrible ,because it tends so delete the softwares that are not supported but that are working and that you use frequently ,so before using this program be shore to check what you are deleting,also you will use it a lot if you are dual booting as it deletes the old Linux kernel that are shown on start up

• Locked thread