Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
vyst
Aug 25, 2009

MourningView posted:

They’re both Good Dogs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

SBNation has a really good look at the absolute best dog mascot

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

LLCoolJD posted:

A 5k runner can jump in for one mile of a marathon and look like hot stuff.

This actually happened in the 2015 Boston Marathon

wernox
Mar 26, 2001

I gave up my OG title for this.

That guy's not some potser off the street, he's a professional tri runner and ran a 2:30 to qualify for Boston.......when I run MCM next year I will have been training for almost two years and my ultimate goal is a just to run the thing at an 11 minute pace.

the mean lunch lady
Jun 24, 2009

went mad at sea
lots were drawn
Kroenke didn't survive
he was delicious

wait Dubs isn't even a husky?!

(malamute supremacy)

Lasagna Pilot
Feb 6, 2009

No, you're dark-side intergalactic encyclopedia salesmen. Unfortunately, the home office hasn't been quite upfront with you.

zimbomonkey posted:

UCF's best win was a blowout over the number 22 ranked team who hasn't lost another game. Ok state's best win was number 23 wvu (who have lost another game), they've lost twice and both losses are double digits. I think UCF could manage to match that.

I'd have to see some scout evaluations of their talent. A lot of times these teams are abusing speed advantages that simply don't exist against top 30 opponents and so their success is not repeatable, but sometimes the schools really do have the players to match up, like the TCU team that beat Wisconsin.

zimbomonkey
Jul 15, 2008

Tattoos? On MY black quarterback?
They do have speed but there's a lot more to it than that. Their QB has been awesome all season and is a run/pass threat. The oline is anchored by a guy that transferred from Notre Dame and has done a fantastic job keeping him clean. They have a pretty good lb corps including a guy with one arm that hits like a truck. Their Corners have looked pretty good against some good wide receivers including Courtland Sutton. Their defensive line is probably their most lacking unit but just in strength. They're still plenty fast.

Shappa
Jan 22, 2005

You probably don't know her, she goes to a different school
No discussion about Puddles the Duck is complete without this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nkbKjtuNJhQ

Noctone
Oct 25, 2005

XO til we overdose..
How quickly ye all forget the best mascot:

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
I was on the CBS Sports app, and they have a video entitled ‘College Football Traditions: Kentucky Wildcats’. The splash image featured the the Kroger Field word mark on the stadium.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

the mean lunch lady posted:

wait Dubs isn't even a husky?!

(malamute supremacy)

When I graduated from UW last summer, Dubs walked on stage during the walk, and shook hands with the UW president :3:

Ghost of Reagan Past
Oct 7, 2003

rock and roll fun

iospace posted:

The best mascot is Bucky Badger.

The second best mascot is Georgia Tech's :colbert:

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Real Name Grover posted:

This is the last weekend of the year I can get out of town, and I was gonna go to Minneapolis for the Nebraska-Minnesota game but I don't really need to see Fleck row a boat in person and WHAT THE gently caress WHY ARE TICKETS STILL $50 ON STUBHUB good god drat that's dumb, these teams suck poo poo

So instead I'm going to Fort Collins, where it's gonna get to the mid-50s this weekend. My friend works for CSU and they host Boise tomorrow night. Thinking about it.

it is because nebraska fans need to show up there en masse and talk about how many of them are there for the entire loving game

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

the best mascot is purdue pete

zimbomonkey
Jul 15, 2008

Tattoos? On MY black quarterback?
How could it not be nightmare tree?

Big Piece O Shit
Jan 30, 2006

Purdue Pete is nightmare fuel.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Musk threatens the inorganic promotion of left-wing ideology that had been taking place on the platform

Block me for being an unironic DeSantis fan, too!

I like it. It might carry some more meaning, too, if Brohm gets the program rolling again.

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

Seven points...

Dilber
Mar 27, 2007

TFLC
(Trophy Feline Lifting Crew)

https://twitter.com/83_87_89_91_01/status/929143389425201157

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

i'm going to sit outside for a goddamn night game and freeze my sac off and the goddamn boilermakers are going to own northwestern in regultation time, i'm certain of it

Seaniqua
Mar 12, 2004

"We'll see how the first year goes. But people better get us now, because we're going to keep getting better and better."

R.D. Mangles posted:

it is because nebraska fans need to show up there en masse and talk about how many of them are there for the entire loving game

This is very accurate

an adult beverage
Aug 13, 2005

1,2,3,4,5 dem gators don't take no jive. go gator -US Rep. Corrine Brown (D) FL
Purdue Pete sux, but the train is cool.

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

Go Auburn I have no idea if Gus has anything anymore but I am just not in the mood for a coaching search right now so please just win this game so we can shut up for a season

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Scarf posted:

Seven points...

lol

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

KICK BAMA KICK posted:

Go Auburn I have no idea if Gus has anything anymore but I am just not in the mood for a coaching search right now so please just win this game so we can shut up for a season

Auburn's AD is stepping down. I can't imagine they're doing anything with Gus until they find a new AD first.

the mean lunch lady
Jun 24, 2009

went mad at sea
lots were drawn
Kroenke didn't survive
he was delicious
The worst mascot is Oski and no one is close to me

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
I'm watching The U 30 for 30 and goddamn those 80s Miami teams were a loving gift from god

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Edit: Wrong Thread

Democrazy
Oct 16, 2008

If you're not willing to lick the boot, then really why are you in politics lol? Everything is a cycle of just getting stomped on so why do you want to lose to it over and over, just submit like me, I'm very intelligent.

We know it couldn't possibly in Storrs.

Chump Farts
May 9, 2009

There is no Coordinator but Narduzzi, and Shilique is his Prophet.

a neat cape posted:

I'm watching The U 30 for 30 and goddamn those 80s Miami teams were a loving gift from god

where did 30 for 30 go? They left Netflix and I'm mad as gently caress.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Chump Farts posted:

The lovely ESPN app has them I think. Espn Classic is also nothing but 30 for 30 replays now if you get that

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Chump Farts posted:

They're all on Amazon Video now

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight
the Nature Boy one was really good and depressing.

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Welp I sure am happy that today, when I was unable to watch, the Michigan State University Spartan Football Team did not in fact play a football game.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

UTEP had 4th and 3 on the UNT 43 with multiple timeouts and 45 seconds. They took a delay of game and punted

UTEP is very bad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lasagna Pilot
Feb 6, 2009

No, you're dark-side intergalactic encyclopedia salesmen. Unfortunately, the home office hasn't been quite upfront with you.
wrong thread

• Locked thread