Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

Seat Safety Switch posted:

hey guys i just had some downtime (ha ha!) to do some work on my standup routine. hope you like it because either way we'll all be dead one day and nothing matters.

i heard century link sucks dog dicks so hard the dog has to go to the vet

i heard ted centurylink once tried to rape and murder a series of teenage girls, but he failed at peering

i was over at the home depot the other day and there was a ratty pickup truck with tinted windows circling the lot looking for any mexicans that knew BGP

i heard century link tried to diversify their business into euthanizing dogs at the vet but they had to stop because the guy they hired got a boner so big he couldn't reach the death machine's on switch anymore

centurylink has terrible downlink performance in new england because none of their linesmen are allowed within 500 feet of a farm

how do you know when your centurylink installer is in town? megan's law

lmbo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HoboMan
Nov 4, 2010

alls i know is comcast offered me 100mb/s for $200/mo and centurylink offered me 1gb/s for $100/mo

also century link has hosed up my bill every month for 6 moinths

ultravoices
May 10, 2004

You are about to embark on a great journey. Are you ready, my friend?
the fiber man came yesterday and we low key flirted while he was working in the basement

it took all day but now i have all the internet

which is super excessive because it isn't like I torrent linux isos anymore.

DJ Commie
Feb 29, 2004

Stupid drivers always breaking car, Gronk fix car...

Jimmy Carter posted:

I am literally across the street from my neighborhood's Verizon CO but I can't get FiOS because reasons.

If I strung an ethernet cable across the road it would be in spec.

this is why god made airfiber 24hd

30 TO 50 FERAL HOG
Mar 2, 2005

great job guys keep it up.

Notorious b.s.d.
Jan 25, 2003

by Reene

Jimmy Carter posted:

I am literally across the street from my neighborhood's Verizon CO but I can't get FiOS because reasons.

the reason is that verizon has decided telecom is a terrible business, and wireless is more profitable. fios rollouts have stopped dead, and vzt is working very hard on crushing their unions. it's unlikely you will ever get fios, because that would require them to pay a union employee to visit your home and perform work.

verizon won't let go of that business, though. they want to hold onto the legacy telecom business for all the easements and poo poo to make wireless backhaul easier. the entire vzt division is there to make sure they can put up cellphone antennas more easily lol

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

Jimmy Carter posted:

it probably won't make a difference but if you wanted to make sure someone was annoyed by your situation you could try throwing some letters at your applicable public utilities commission and city government

RISCy Business
Jun 17, 2015

bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork
Fun Shoe
hey guys

more like LAST CENTURY LINK :grin:

The_Franz
Aug 8, 2003

ultravoices posted:

the fiber man came yesterday and we low key flirted while he was working in the basement

it took all day but now i have all the internet

which is super excessive because it isn't like I torrent linux isos anymore.

the fiber man is coming tomorrow morning

1000/1000 is probably a bit excessive tbqh, but at&t meters anything slower. gonna be nice finally having real upload speeds.

i'm sure it's just a coincidence that the cable company announced that they are going to be rolling out gigabit in the area via docsis 3.1 just after at&t lit up the fiber, but given their current pricing it will probably cost a lot more than the gigabit fiber through ma bell and will be some lopsided 1000/35 nonsense like other areas which already have it.

The_Franz fucked around with this message at 20:15 on Nov 15, 2017

Arcteryx Anarchist
Sep 15, 2007

Fun Shoe
reminds me, for the non-valley-live-ers here: residential internet here sucks which is pretty lol considering we're supposed to be some tech hotbed

but I guess everyone just lives at work so

ultravoices
May 10, 2004

You are about to embark on a great journey. Are you ready, my friend?

The_Franz posted:

the fiber man is coming tomorrow morning

1000/1000 is probably a bit excessive tbqh, but at&t meters anything slower. gonna be nice finally having real upload speeds.

i'm sure it's just a coincidence that the cable company announced that they are going to be rolling out gigabit in the area via docsis 3.1 just after at&t lit up the fiber, but given their current pricing it will probably cost a lot more than the gigabit fiber through ma bell and will be some lopsided 1000/35 nonsense like other areas which already have it.

I've highest tier of copper through the last two upgrades, but this was the first time they sent me a promo on the fiber that made it worth it to me to sit around for a saturday and actually get installed.

bobbilljim
May 29, 2013

this christmas feels like the very first christmas to me
:shittydog::shittydog::shittydog:

RISCy Business posted:

hey guys

more like LAST CENTURY LINK :grin:

burning swine
May 26, 2004

centurylink is my isp because they bought qwest :(

it's bad

The_Franz
Aug 8, 2003

the fiber guy came yesterday so i can read and send shitposts at gigabit speed

fiber guy was kind of a bozo though and was doing sloppy work outside, so after he got the line to the house i told him to just hook up the ont and rg in the basement right where it came into the house to test it to make sure that it worked and leave it, then spent a few hours doing the interior work myself. i'm still going to have to have them come back out because he ran the line from the pole to the house on the wrong side of a tree and pulled it taut against it. he also didn't have a lot of the supplies needed and just hacked out the internals of the old copper phone line box to connect the street and house fiber and didn't have any cat5 or 6 cables to connect the ont to the rg. it's good that that installation fee was waived b/c that guy really sucked at his job.

seeing 900+ up and down on a speed test is p cool though

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

All I needed was that fatty blunt...

King of Breakfast
level 3 was a terrible place to work for a person who is too dumb to say no to moving salaried like me

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder

Agile Vector posted:

literally talked about helping a buddy lay cable because hes rural and they stopped just down the road a neighbor away

cuckolding is getting weird

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

We're in the business of extending man's senses.
actually that would be a hotline scenario

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

atomicthumbs posted:

actually that would be a hotline scenario

key party line

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BangersInMyKnickers
Nov 3, 2004

I have a thing for courageous dongles

Are they loving up again? I'm getting TTL expired on a bunch of IPv6 traffic to google

• Locked thread