Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Tracking my Santee's package and worrying that I somehow entered the address wrong. :ohdearsass:

How is it still en route more than 24 hours after it left the depot?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

I believe in all the ways that they say you can lose your body
Fallen Rib
Update on my gift. Even though I got most of the stuff second hand (figured I can give more that way) I did order an awesome title new because it is an awesome title. Just waiting for it to arrive now and then I will send the gift out. That will probably be this Friday so you should get your gift next week.

A Strange Aeon
Mar 26, 2010

You are now a slimy little toad
The Great Twist
I got my gift and it's great! Not to brag, but I got:

1. Comics Between the Panels
2. Batman: Odyssey
3. Martian Manhunter: The Others Among Us
4. Pulp Fiction Library: Adventure in Space
5. A cool digital comic called Universe I'd never heard of but am pretty into so far!

Thanks, Santa!!

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib
Hey Santee. Your gift was just sent. The nice lady at the post office said it will take 10 days. So expect something in 10 days

Shellception
Oct 12, 2016

"I'm made up of the memories of my parents and my grandparents, all my ancestors. They're in the way I look, in the colour of my hair. And I'm made up of everyone I've ever met who's changed the way I think"
Dear Santa:

It took a while to arrive, but we have been having a mail workers' strike over here so it might have been that. Despite my odd wishlist, your gift was awesome! I really appreciate the handwritten card too. Many thanks, they will be read and enjoyed shortly. Have a nice Christmas!

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib
Hey santa. Your package arrived. I'm not at home yet but I will try take pics and such when I get home. Thanks

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib
I got home last night after having a bit of a family dinner, and what do I see waiting for me:

A big brown package with superhero stickers on it

Sweet! I am intrigued. Time to see what is inside

Okay, clearly someone sent me the wrong gift, or a gag gift or something. I mean I have watched Paw Patrol with my wife's nephews but I am hardly what you would call a fan of the show. Is this a joke gift? Did someone accidentally send me a gift thinking I was secretly a 5 year old boy?

Nope!

Clearly my Santa knows I am not a 5 year old but a mid-30's man instead. Instead of being flooded with Paw Patrol gifts that I would have to repackage and give to my wife's nephews, I received Fantastic Four Volume 1 by Hickman, a sweet Spiderman snapback (that my wife asked me "why the hell did you put that on your wishlist"....if she only knew), and Stan Lee swag. The Lee swag kind of took me back because I can honestly say that I would never expect Stan Lee swag ever, but know the Stan Lee pin is on my backpack along with a whole bunch of other pins, and the Stan Lee sodaz figure is chilling on my work desk with beach time Homer, Alex Burrows and surfing Batman.

Thank you Santa goon for some awesome gifts.

NB: not pictured is the digital copy of Mr Miracle by Kirby. I am getting more into reading digital comics now that I have a tablet and am looking forward to plunging into that one.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Haha yeah sorry, we'd done the recycling the night before and I was frantically looking for a box, that was all I had.

That hat loving rules too and it was a struggle not grinch it. Merry christmas

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
I was late as hell sending my gift out this year. Sorry! (it should be there in ~5 business days)

I ... followed the wishlist. Very curious to see the reaction. :)

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

This arrived without a note but I assume it's from someone here. Haven't heard of either of these but they both look cool and OMWOT looks very much like my kind of poo poo.
Merry xmas!

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib
Hey Santee, I checked the tracking deets on the stuff I sent and it said it was delivered yesterday, so hopefully you got your gift. Also if you got your gift yesterday well....er....surprise

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
I dunno if we’re letting cats out of the bag about who the Santa’s are, but I think I know who mine is. I got mine the other day and wasn’t going to open it but after Retro posted I said screw it and opened it last night.

It’s amazing.

I’ll post details when I get home. I’m slightly ashamed I didn’t put near as much legwork into it.

Shellception
Oct 12, 2016

"I'm made up of the memories of my parents and my grandparents, all my ancestors. They're in the way I look, in the colour of my hair. And I'm made up of everyone I've ever met who's changed the way I think"

Jordan7hm posted:

I dunno if we’re letting cats out of the bag about who the Santa’s are, but I think I know who mine is. I got mine the other day and wasn’t going to open it but after Retro posted I said screw it and opened it last night.

It’s amazing.

I’ll post details when I get home. I’m slightly ashamed I didn’t put near as much legwork into it.

Given geographical distribution of the Santas, mine at least can only be one person (thank you again! Really enjoying Journey into Mystery so far!) and my santee also knows because I had to send them an e-mail. I don't know what the rules about disclosing are, though.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib
I like knowing what people got. Gives me ideas for next year.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

As with most of the rules in my SSes it's "Do whatever you want who cares"

Also personally I like knowing because I'm in 3 different ones and it's good to know if something got missed. I'm just assuming the package I got is from here because they're both comics

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Retro Futurist posted:

As with most of the rules in my SSes it's "Do whatever you want who cares"

Also personally I like knowing because I'm in 3 different ones and it's good to know if something got missed. I'm just assuming the package I got is from here because they're both comics

It was.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

For real though thanks. OMWOT absolutely is my jam and I've been reading Sticks Angelica lately and really digging it. I wouldn't feel bad about "leg work", I asked to share something new and interesting with me and you nailed that side of things.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Well, the day has arrived! My mum decide to wrap my Santee's gifts for the occassion:

Unfortunately the official present inspector was otherwise occupied by watching some leaves:

But the presents themselves were excellent:

I now have the matching pair of the regrettable heroes & villains books, and I got a great Spidey collection to boot! Thanks, Santa!

What'd everyone else get?

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Merry Christmas ya'll. Pretty sure everyone was on the nice list this year but if anyone didn't receive anything yet please do let me know ASAP

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib
Yea I'm pretty sure my gift arrived but if my Santee wants to talk about it or something I won't mind

• Locked thread