Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

YOLOsubmarine posted:

Because if you don’t you end up like Wisconsin where you absolutely need to win out to make the playoffs. Oklahoma’s win over OSU stamps their ticket to the playoffs if they win out. Wiscy, on the other hand, likely wouldn’t get in with one loss even if they win the conference. They Big 10 would just get left out.

Yeah I suppose it's not all scenarios, but the average team would be better off scheduling cupcakes. Texas would have been bowl eligible last year if they swapped USC for some garbage team. And we'd already be bowl eligible this year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

PostNouveau posted:

Yeah I suppose it's not all scenarios, but the average team would be better off scheduling cupcakes. Texas would have been bowl eligible last year if they swapped USC for some garbage team. And we'd already be bowl eligible this year.

Well, the other half of it is that those games are interesting. The players get hyped for it, the fans get hyped for it, the program makes more money from ticket sales. It’s good to incentivize things that make the sport more interesting and exciting for all involved.

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Musk threatens the inorganic promotion of left-wing ideology that had been taking place on the platform

Block me for being an unironic DeSantis fan, too!

PostNouveau posted:

You guys already get Kansas, what more do you want?

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Suave Fedora posted:

If that’s a movie reference, I haven’t watched a non-Star Wars movie in like a decade

Haha, late replying but you would have had to up this to more than two decades to rule out Beautiful Girls.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

LLCoolJD posted:

You guys already get Kansas, what more do you want?

To make a bowl game :(

YOLOsubmarine posted:

Well, the other half of it is that those games are interesting. The players get hyped for it, the fans get hyped for it, the program makes more money from ticket sales. It’s good to incentivize things that make the sport more interesting and exciting for all involved.

Yeah but if you're just looking to win more and make better bowl games and attract better recruits through your success, just pound on some wimp teams.

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Who needs on-field skills when you can dance like this?

Fun Shoe
I don't like OSU looking competent in the second half, no sir, not at all.

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Fun Shoe
Tate is so goddamn fast

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
ASU sticking in there against UCLA. A good game from what I've seen so far

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Holy poo poo ASU just blocked a punt and ran it in for a TD to tie the game.

e: and UCLA got a taunting penalty on the play to boot :lol:

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Fun Shoe

GobiasIndustries posted:

ASU sticking in there against UCLA. A good game from what I've seen so far

:argh: stupid blocked punt giving ASU easy points

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

Qwijib0 posted:

I don't like OSU looking competent in the second half, no sir, not at all.

They have played really hard this year. I was honestly worried that they would break through today.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
Dawkins sighting. This actually a good matchup for him since Oregon State can’t stop the run.

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Fun Shoe
Guess tate is done at 206 yards.

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Oh yeah, there's still more football! CSU up by 4 on Boise St (35-31) w/ 7 left in the 3rd. Plus uh...I guess Fresno State/Hawaii is at halftime? :shrug:

Go Rams!

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
Boise about to come back after getting bitch slapped hard in the first half.

Hopefully.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
Okay there was an injury timeout for an official after the quarter break.

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Huge pick for CSU there

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Holy poo poo that onside.

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
lmao Boise's gonna tie this thing up

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Don't score to fast you literally can't stop them.

Coolwhoami
Sep 13, 2007

CharlestheHammer posted:

Don't score to fast you literally can't stop them.

Lol

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

You got this Broncos D!

Oh no

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Lol you rush two and the checkdown is wide open.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Don't play for OT you fucks.

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
CSU's uniforms are real loving good.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

What is happening

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

What was the point of that.

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
:psyduck: why not just take a knee

Slickdrac
Oct 5, 2007

Not allowed to have nice things
And that run makes 1200 yards

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Broncos bitch?!?

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
well that's a real gut punch for CSU, sorry dudes :smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

RIP
CSU