Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004
page 2 dumb snype

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome
buy a pre imo all the smart features are dead now so its a perfect dumbphone

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

except it runs webos probably

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

the proper term is "feature phones," try looking for those, op. "dumb phones" will just get stuff like a princess phone.

Symbolic Butt
Mar 22, 2009

(_!_)
Buglord

maskenfreiheit posted:

wait so is that a touchscreen up top?

yes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f1bFM7oA-hk&t=93s

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

We're in the business of extending man's senses.

SamDabbers posted:

apparently there are LTE flip phones now. who'da thought?

https://alcatelonetouch.us/alcatel-go-flip/

it's not quite as dumb as those winamp themes, but considering it runs a fork of Firefox OS, it's probably pretty close.

Firefox os sounds like it's dumb, and a piece of poo poo

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004

atomicthumbs posted:

Firefox os sounds like it's dumb, and a piece of poo poo

fun fact, when i interned there i saw an early build and was like why are we doing this and not having engineers focus on making firefox not be so slow and i got chewed out and now they are doing that with quantum and ffos is deader than these forums

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

The Management posted:

because there’s no money in it, op.

seems tho like they could have just saved money by continuing to make the old good dumb phones

cheque_some
Dec 6, 2006
The Wizard of Menlo Park

rotor posted:

buy a pre imo all the smart features are dead now so its a perfect dumbphone

it's great :gbsmith:
except the forums don't work on it anymore

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮
I miss my palm centro sometimes

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine
Dumb phones were only useful for talking to people on the phone. I hate talking to people on the phone, it's literally my least favorite mode of communication.

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

Schadenboner posted:

Dumb phones were only useful for talking to people on the phone. I hate talking to people on the phone, it's literally my least favorite mode of communication.

same

Stick Insect
Oct 24, 2010

My enemies are many.

My equals are none.
Had to use one recently, didn't have T9 support either. Touchscreens are much nicer to write on. It's less effort to call than to text if you're stuck on a dumbphone.

Stick Insect
Oct 24, 2010

My enemies are many.

My equals are none.
It was clearly targeted at older people too, it was still painfully loud to have a conversation when it was set to its lowest volume.

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

i literally just want a phone that can do a snapchat, a forums, and a text. iphone is poerfect

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

Stick Insect posted:

Had to use one recently, didn't have T9 support either. Touchscreens are much nicer to write on. It's less effort to call than to text if you're stuck on a dumbphone.

lol what come on, my samsung flipphone from 2006 could do fuckin' T9

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
talking is good

Generic Monk
Oct 31, 2011

Farmer Crack-rear end posted:

lol what come on, my samsung flipphone from 2006 could do fuckin' T9

for whatever reason it’s not standard on the cheapest flip phones you might have for a burner, even now

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
i had to type on one recently and i was amaze how instantly it came back to me

good t9 and good buttons isn't horrendously slow for texts

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bulgakov
Mar 8, 2009

рукописи не горят

echinopsis posted:

talking is good

echinopsis posted:

i had to type on one recently and i was amaze how instantly it came back to me

good t9 and good buttons isn't horrendously slow for texts

suave predictive keyboards that allow thumb mashing at high speed is still stuck with an audience where most people get shook if messages use enough words to communicate with flow so that anything repping characters outside the low expectations of the flip fone era gets them spooked

and scurred of voice

talk, people :)

• Locked thread