Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
NeoSeeker
Nov 26, 2007

:spergin:ASK ME ABOUT MY TOTALLY REALISTIC ZIPLINE-BASED ZOMBIE SURVIVAL PLAN & HOW THE ZOMBIE SURVIVAL VIDEO GAME GENRE HAS BEEN "RAPED BY THE MAINSTREAM":spergin:
This is a really dumb question and I've had it before and fixed it but can't remember what the fix was.
Basically I bought an xbox one headset to use as a microphone for my computer but it only picks up sound through the speaker, not the microphone.
I want it to pick up sound through the microphone, not the speaker and I don't know how. Please help.

Windows 10. i7 7700k, 1070 gtx, 16gb ram.

'murica

I googled it but there aren't any specific results, maybe I'm just doing it wrong

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

du -hast
Mar 12, 2003

BEHEAD THOSE WHO INSULT GENTOO
By "the speaker" I assume you mean the speaker/microphone on the computer itself, correct? Just to clarify, if I understand your problem, the headset plays sound into your ears, but the microphone does not work, however, the one on the computer itself does.

A dumb question: have you gone into sound settings on Windows (in the task bar) and made sure that the input (microphone) is set to the headset rather than the computer itself? It sounds like that is the problem, just that you haven't selected the right microphone. Right click the sound icon in the task bar and go hunting for a tab called "Input" and make sure the headset is selected rather than the computer.

Other than that, can you describe the problem a little bit better - is what I guessed above correct?

edit: ah poo poo this is 2 weeks ago, I assume you fixed it by now

• Locked thread