Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

I need to watch something other than this hockey game. Anybody want to watch old IROC or Busch Clashes?

e- 2012 Chili Bowl and the 1993 Busch Clash (and maybe more) starting right now.

e2- Note to self for the next playlist: "ESPN Riverhead Raceway"

CBJSprague24 fucked around with this message at 17:43 on Jan 14, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

I have a cold and don't have energy for much beyond sitting at a computer and watching racing, so we're gonna do that:

https://cytu.be/r/SASCARWinterHeat

Approximate start times (Eastern):
Now- ESPN Riverhead Rollover Contest: Bob Goddamn Varsha hosts an ESPN-televised rollover contest.
7:30pm- ARCA Road America 150- LOL ARCA on a road course. Just when you think you've seen it all. Find out how many wind up in the kitty litter in Turn 1 with Austin Cindric in the pole!
9:00pm- 2004 iPOWER Dash 150- The first Dash race at Daytona after the last Dash race at Daytona. It will probably go like every Dash race at Daytona.
109:30pm- ARCA Herr's 100- Word is this is from a dirt track somewhere.

CBJSprague24 fucked around with this message at 03:30 on Jan 17, 2018

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

We're watching an all-time classic in Winter Heat tonight: the 2016(?) Mid-Ohio race run in a monsoon:

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Lots of talk about the Charlotte Roval this week so let's see what a race there looks like.

2007 SPEED World Challenge and 2000 IMSA starting at 8pm Eastern, maybe more before/during/after that.

e- Also, we're watching K&N and Mods from Daytona's backstretch someday.

CBJSprague24 fucked around with this message at 02:11 on Jan 26, 2018

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Old racing and a touching tribute to Prototype Challenge...TONIGHT!

Estimated start times (EST):
7:15- 1992 Busch Clash
~7:50- Midwest Indoor Racing Series Mini Cups
~8:25- 1997 Food City 250 (Bristol)

...and lots of bumpers in between!

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

You know what's better than ARCA? ARCA at Daytona! And, in honor of this Saturday's ARCA fun times at Daytona, I'm gonna show the 1996 race a little after 8pm Eastern because I just got back from urgent care and don't care to do much else other than sit:

Boomer The Cannon
Oct 27, 2011

Gotta see it live!

fanschoice.tv has all of New Smyrna Speedweeks again this year, I think it starts at 7 every evening or so.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

I'm just posting this to remember I want to watch it sometime:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F554p9hXal0

Ken Squier on TNN, a Bodine you've never heard of, and about the most rustic track ever.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

I might get a playlist going here around 845-9 Eastern if anybody else wants in. Link in the OP.

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

the first world was a mistake

CBJSprague24 posted:

I might get a playlist going here around 845-9 Eastern if anybody else wants in. Link in the OP.

Go ahead. Avs look like they're done.

Boomer The Cannon
Oct 27, 2011

Gotta see it live!

CBJSprague24 posted:

I'm just posting this to remember I want to watch it sometime:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F554p9hXal0

Ken Squier on TNN, a Bodine you've never heard of, and about the most rustic track ever.

I see your Thunder Road and raise you with Mt Lawn Speedway, in Indiana:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hA-Yz_eXJcc

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Fauxhawk Express posted:

Go ahead. Avs look like they're done.

I hung out until about 20 after and decided I'd save it for another night, so the playlist that's in there is as follows:
-2016 Mt. Lawn Speedway Feature (approx. 11 minutes in)
-1997 Jiffy Lube 150 (Busch North, Thunder Road, approx. 20 minutes in)
-2017 Kentuckiana Ford Dealers 200 (ARCA, Salem, about 1:15-1:20 in)

...plus bumpers and A Very Special Daytona USA Race.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

I've been looking for ideas for a regular racing night for a while now and haven't been able to come up with anything, mostly because my thinking has been NASCAR-centric and races tend to be over three hours, which is a big investment for a weeknight. A couple years after we started the first Synchtube/CyTube channel, I started watching MassRafTer's weekly/bi-weekly runthrough of WCW, the classic but ill-fated wrestling promotion and then it hit me. Ill-fated?

CART.

Once the big dog in AOWR, it was submarined and ultimately killed off by Tony George's All-American Open Wheel Cavalcade known as the IRL. The races aren't terribly long in most cases, the seasons are 14-20 races and, if we started in 1996 (the year of The Split) and got bored, we could bail out and watch other stuff when the wheels really fall off in the mid-2000s.

Would anybody be interested in making this a semi-regular thing with maybe some sort of short pre-show (local short track racing, IROC, other randomness)? My thinking would be to exclude any races with fatal or life-threatening injuries (I'd post a YT link and a link to the results); I can think of two off the top of my head, but there are probably a couple more and I'd need help with the full list.

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

the first world was a mistake

I prefer '80s/early '90s CART tbh. Post split stuff makes me kind of sad to go back and watch.

Vintage drag racing is also an option I will champion since the stuff on YT isn't very long either for the most part. Old school funny cars are metal as gently caress. :black101:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

:siren: HEY :siren:

For the first time since the inaugural race there, I did not get to attend the Eldora Truck Race primarily because my boss messed up my vacation days. Further, because my boss messed up my vacation days, I had to fly home during the running of the truck race, so I haven't seen it yet.

I've found what appears to be a complete video of the feature on YouTube and I'm going to run it at 5 p.m. Eastern so that I can go back to using social media normally because I've managed to avoid spoilers to this point. If you'd like to pop into the room with me, feel free.

Further, since I know we have some West Coast Goons who will probably still be at work, I will leave the video in the room and reair it later tonight if anyone is interested.

• Locked thread