Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Macnult

some old fella once described the internet as a network of tubes, but personally i like to think of it as a close circle of friends

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Macnult

the internet has a very simple beginning, very simple. all we need here is an application of #4166f5, there we go. if that blues a bit too strong for you, don’t be afraid to add just the liiiitlest drop of #FFFFFF

Macnult

right now i’m using a tried and true ibm model m keyboard, but don’t worry if you don’t have that. some people are able to internet using only their voice i hear. *heh* ain’t that the craziest thing. used to be you had to be silent when internetting; no one in the house would even think twice about using the phone. but times change. and change is good.

Macnult

you hear that?

*dial-up tone*

the internet is helping us think. two heads are better than one, wouldn’t you agree?

City of Glompton

yeah, I never planned on having the internet but I love it and can't imagine my life without it.

Kthulhu5000

by R. Guyovich
Computer network? No, it's really more like computer net play. The Internet increases the merriment of your computer use.

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Kthulhu5000

by R. Guyovich
It used to be that you had to exert much mental effort to find what you were looking for on the Internet. But isn't it better to just relax, get in the passenger's seat, and let the Internet do the pleasure driving for you?

There's no need to rush. Be Zen. The content will come.

----------------

HotSoapyBeard

I'm a really cool nice dad
HAIKOOLIGAN
Originally it was going to be called the World Wide Cob because it was a way for the whole world to break bread but it was around Halloween time and ol’ Timmy BL(Berners-Lee) being a lover of a good theme, thought it should be spookier hence the Web.

Kthulhu5000

by R. Guyovich

HotSoapyBeard posted:

Originally it was going to be called the World Wide Cob because it was a way for the whole world to break bread but it was around Halloween time and ol’ Timmy BL(Berners-Lee) being a lover of a good theme, thought it should be spookier hence the Web.

Well, no duh. The Internet is designed around the layout of a human skeleton, meaning it has NATURAL RHYTHMS, and it's no surprise that Tim-Tams would think of a "Web" as being an appropriate accompaniment to it.

It's all about that 1:3.61 golden ratio!

----------------

drilldo squirt

a beautiful, soft meat sack
http://info.cern.ch/hypertext/WWW/TheProject.html Everything you ever wanted to know about the internet, on the internet.

----------------

drilldo squirt

Yeah, that's the first webpage ever made, no big deal. :smug:

----------------

Kthulhu5000

by R. Guyovich
Many say we've gone from hypermedia to diapermedia over the years, but I like to think that's just a manifestation of the natural cosmic order of decay and rebirth.

----------------

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

drilldo squirt

The pissmedia is the culmination of all of human existence.

----------------

• Locked thread