Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NJ-nQg8lxKk

Ok this is way more interesting than the fighting game crossover lol.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

how does nicalis have the atom boy and blackjack licenses

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

In Training posted:

how does nicalis have the atom boy and blackjack licenses

Apparently they're really cheap to borrow and put in a game or whatever lol. Astro Boy btw >:|

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

goferchan posted:

Apparently they're really cheap to borrow and put in a game or whatever lol. Astro Boy btw >:|

Actually it's Mighty Atom, better known as Tetsuwan Atomu or 鉄腕アトム. Topic Locked.

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012

goferchan posted:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NJ-nQg8lxKk

Ok this is way more interesting than the fighting game crossover lol.

this is cool i love puzzle fighter

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

the forgotten is really fun

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

yeah actually they will posted:

this is cool i love puzzle fighter

The 3D models are kinda ugly but then again the 2D sprites for all of these characters in that fighting game are even worse lol so I'll take it

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012

goferchan posted:

The 3D models are kinda ugly but then again the 2D sprites for all of these characters in that fighting game are even worse lol so I'll take it

i like the 3d art in the legend of bum-bo so far so it neednt be a given

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010
The new character is epic, instead of AIDS.

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010

yeah actually they will posted:

i'm a ps4 isaac player so its not out for me yet. So this is based on second hand info that i've read because reading posts about people playing is all i can do until booster packs 4 and 5 come to console in 1 million years. you have to do a series of things like the original lost unlock conditions but it's more of a gameplay challenge than an arg puzzle that no one bothered solving. first you have to beat the boss of basement 1 in under a minute, you'll hear mom scream, then go back to the starting room. you should see the shadow of a shovel piece. explode a bomb and it'll fall to the ground, collect it and you'll start getting chased by mom's foot. using the shovel piece will stop mom's foot from chasing you for the current room.

after you kill mom, beat the boss rush and at the end the other shovel piece will spawn. picking it up will stop mom's foot from chasing you and now the shovel just works like the normal shovel item. then when you get to the dark room one of the rooms will have a pile of dirt in it so use the shovel on that and you get the new character. then post about it here please so I can game vicariously through all of you

Also thank you I used this guide

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

the forgotten is really fun

yeah dawg

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010
Tip for Devil Rooms with the new guy : switch to the soul, take a devil deal, and switch back to the forgotten. If you have no soul hearts left before you switch, you won't die. You won't be able to switch back until you get more

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

insane run i beat the Hush with:

-Polyphemus (swings were massive, could hit center screen from top or bottom entrance)
-Number 2 (whatever item shortens range and boosts tears by a lot)
-Cricket's Head & other DMG+ items making natural atk 45
-Blank Card with Speed/dmg up card
-Shielded Tears

hell yeah

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

bump

got bit hard by the isaac bug. that final big update came out but I didn't really play that or + much and its been consuming a lot of my time, realized I've never really touched the challenges

some of them are really dumb fun like starting with bomb tears+detonate active, and since the rules for the challenges are just "player starts with xyz" you still see all the new rooms and enemies and poo poo. might stream doing more completions/challenges v soon

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
Whys this like 40 dollars on the switch. not that im buying it since i have an unreasonable grudge against nicalis now

that ivy guy
May 20, 2015

I.N.R.I posted:

Whys this like 40 dollars on the switch. not that im buying it since i have an unreasonable grudge against nicalis now

I bought one of the first edition ones used from gamestop because it came with the epic manual and stickers

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

I.N.R.I posted:

read that it was something to do with a minimum price for new physical copies at gamestop and having to match the eshop and physical prices. it is complete dogshit lol

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

I.N.R.I posted:

i don't know

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

I.N.R.I posted:

It's gone on sale for $25 before I believe .

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

the challenges where you start really overpowered should go all the way to the chest/dark room..the homing laser one is nuts

that ivy guy
May 20, 2015

extremebuff posted:

the challenges where you start really overpowered should go all the way to the chest/dark room..the homing laser one is nuts

I saved that one for last because it unlocks Robo Baby 2.0 which is a really useless item that only dilutes the already bad item pool. Appropriate reward for such an easy task I guess

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

the item pool is full of crap and it's frustrating but just a handful of good items or just one of the really good ones can make you a god. at least the minions taking extra shots are helpful in the early game

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

i like th e sacraficial altar that lets me kill all my useless pals. yes! exchanged the spectral tears baby and robo baby 2 for the item that you use to draw circles on the floor :worship:

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

mysterious loyall X posted:

i like th e sacraficial altar that lets me kill all my useless pals. yes! exchanged the spectral tears baby and robo baby 2 for the item that you use to draw circles on the floor :worship:

oh yeah i found that for the first time the other day. i had a bunch of bad minions, lil brimstone and a pretty fly. it sacrificed the fly and lil brimstone and gave me guppy's collar

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

https://www.twitch.tv/bn03 playing more of this

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

this game is awesome when you get solid dmg but you're not quite overpowered and you actually need to be careful instead of shredding everything instantly

https://clips.twitch.tv/AwkwardImpossibleTireFeelsBadMan

wish more runs were like this and not either a total slog I reroll or having 500 dmg screen sized homing tears

that ivy guy
May 20, 2015

I should stream the daily runs. in fact I may do it today

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

first hush kill. electric tears ftw

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Been feeling lately like this game kinda sucks rear end...

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

I like doing the dailey so I can see whether me or lyle ragequit a no dmg Maggie run first

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

I like doing the dailey so I can see whether me or lyle ragequit a no dmg Maggie run first

I almost quit today because it was apollyon for like the 3rd day in a row but i got guppy by caves 1 so I kept goimg

that ivy guy
May 20, 2015

this daily had probably one of the top 10 stupidest secret rooms ever. Couldn't even get to it because I had too much HP to go to the boss trap room

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

owl milk
Jun 28, 2011
I thought secret rooms were required to have at least 2 adjacent rooms, that's the difference between them and the super secret rooms. dumb

• Locked thread