Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

I hear you wish to ball, adventurer..
The funnier thing is the idea that Vince just says yes he likes something or no he doesn't and doesn't appear to give any constructive feedback as to what he didn't like.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

NowonSA posted:

I'd totally be down for Braun to start showing up on Smackdown and demanding fights, and defending all the time. It's been a LONG time since we've seen a top champ on either brand defend the title constantly, the closest I can remember is John Cena's U.S. title open challenge but that was for a midcard belt. I don't think it should be done for more than a month or two, but I love the idea of a champ willing to defend the title constantly. It'd also help cement Braun's status as a face.

That as a pretty good KO special too, interesting to see how hard he is on himself, not even thinking that good matches are good until he has both Vince and Austin telling them they liked it and then he's like ok, yeah maybe it was good.

You end up with a Bret Hart as fighting champion problem though, especially if you keep it up for a while. Braun running through all the competition in short order is bad for long term booking, and Braun running through a rogues gallery of jobber contenders helps no one.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Dangerous Person posted:

I didn't watch the documentary but what was wrong with Owens vs Jericho? It was a good match

:shrug:

I've seen it and the feud in general bashed elsewhere when people say they're excited about Jericho being at Wrestle Kingdom. I don't get it

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Le Saboteur posted:

The funnier thing is the idea that Vince just says yes he likes something or no he doesn't and doesn't appear to give any constructive feedback as to what he didn't like.

I mean he did have the rest of Wrestlemania to worry about at the moment. We don't know, maybe he gave Owens more detailed feedback after the show was over.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Chris James 2 posted:

:shrug:

I've seen it and the feud in general bashed elsewhere when people say they're excited about Jericho being at Wrestle Kingdom. I don't get it

I bash them demoting that feud to the US Title when JeriKO had been carrying Raw for months, but Jericho and Owens were both great the whole time.

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

I hear you wish to ball, adventurer..

VJeff posted:

I mean he did have the rest of Wrestlemania to worry about at the moment. We don't know, maybe he gave Owens more detailed feedback after the show was over.

It was more the narrative of the documentary seemed to suggest Vince just said he didn’t like it and never provided KO with anything more than that.

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

WE ALL KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN

VJeff posted:

I bash them demoting that feud to the US Title when JeriKO had been carrying Raw for months, but Jericho and Owens were both great the whole time.

I'm assuaged a little bit by the fact that Brock/Goldberg actually managed to put on a perfect match given Goldberg's limitations. Didn't need the Universal Title though.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Le Saboteur posted:

It was more the narrative of the documentary seemed to suggest Vince just said he didn’t like it and never provided KO with anything more than that.

Yeah he stands there waiting for anything else and Vince doesn’t say a word.

Do it ironically
Jul 13, 2010

by Pragmatica
i guess i am the odd man out because i enjoyed that last match a lot and like everyone else i have wanted braun to be a face and now he's going to be a huge face against the mcmahons??? what am i missing? am i not hipster enough anymore?

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

If you enjoyed the match then good for you, most people here really enjoyed the Braun stuff right at the end too (and rightly so, Braun owns)

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

I enjoyed Trips running into the screen, that was pretty great.

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

I am the sexiest poster in the world!
I'm glad that I was only half right, and that HHH betrayed Angle out of ego and not out of planning to kick him out and come back as the Authority or just as the new GM on his own.

I should have known that Trips' ego would not allow him to have a loss on his record that he could avoid, no matter what he'd gain out of it.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
So... I thought that was a genuinely excellent PPV?

Main event was the weakest part, sure. But every other match was good. Every match meant something. Shield v New Day was two expert stables using everything in their arsenal, the women's 5v5 match while it had its questionable bits ended with Asuka destroying everything, Miz carried Corbin to a good fight, Usos vs The Bar was lots of fun, the women's champ match was fire, and A.J. giving Brock Lesnar an actual fight was beautifully done.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

I thought it was a real good card but I was disappointed in the two 5v5 matches. But the whole show was worth it for AJ vs Brock, that was a legitimately great match.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib
That was Brock Lesnars best match since the Undertaker series.

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

Are you sure I'm winning the Rumble? That does'nt seem right.....

Do it ironically posted:

i guess i am the odd man out because i enjoyed that last match a lot and like everyone else i have wanted braun to be a face and now he's going to be a huge face against the mcmahons??? what am i missing? am i not hipster enough anymore?

HHH has a long history of being egotistical, violent, and not putting people over. While seemingly lying through his teeth to backstage creative that it's all a big plan to get the other talent over, don't worry. When we see HHH bullshit like this, we don't believe it's going anywhere positive.

There was a lot of fun stuff, though.

Maxwell Lord posted:

Main event was the weakest part, sure. But every other match was good. Every match meant something. Shield v New Day was two expert stables using everything in their arsenal, the women's 5v5 match while it had its questionable bits ended with Asuka destroying everything, Miz carried Corbin to a good fight, Usos vs The Bar was lots of fun, the women's champ match was fire, and A.J. giving Brock Lesnar an actual fight was beautifully done.

I was overall pleased with the show, even if HHH displeased me. No unsubbing from network right now.

Wazzu fucked around with this message at 13:49 on Nov 20, 2017

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop

Maxwell Lord posted:

But sometimes it's like the show's only as good as its main event.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

HHH as fine so long as he’s not wrestling. The second he starts wrestling, everybody run away as far as possible.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer

Writer Cath posted:

But sometimes it's like the show's only as good as its main event.

Then why bother watching the rest?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Generico
Feb 3, 2009

Nobody outrules the Marquise de Cat!

Maxwell Lord posted:

Yeah, so did I. I watched it with friends and didn't read any reactions until today and then heard people didn't like it and was baffled. I thought Charlotte vs. Bliss might've been the best match on the show.

• Locked thread