Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president
I think we're all getting too far away from the main point here, which is that the Broncos are bitch made

Blitz of 404 Error fucked around with this message at 06:13 on Nov 28, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
:maga:

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

One Road. Two Friends. One Ass.

a neat cape posted:

Marshawn is two for two in defending a divisional rival against his own teammate

Marshawn understands that we're people first, and these artificial boundaries created by billionaires mean nothing.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Play posted:

A few weeks after he pushed a ref to the ground or something if I'm remembering correctly. Strange world.

He didn't push him to the ground but he shoved a ref trying to get to Marcus Peters to get him out of trouble.

Marshawn just wants to play ball and doesn't have time for all of this silly fighting poo poo.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

SunshineDanceParty posted:

Marshawn understands that we're people first, and these artificial boundaries created by billionaires mean nothing.

Not to mention that this is a real job and dumb shenanigans like that aren't professional and only hurt the player. Guess I'll give him the benefit of the doubt that he didn't know it was a ref and thought it was another player he was pushing through. In any case good on him for keeping cool and letting his skills do the talking

Naturally Selected
Nov 28, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Play posted:

Not to mention that this is a real job and dumb shenanigans like that aren't professional and only hurt the player. Guess I'll give him the benefit of the doubt that he didn't know it was a ref and thought it was another player he was pushing through. In any case good on him for keeping cool and letting his skills do the talking

No he straight up charged the ref, so there's no excuse for that bullshit. Good on him for being the cooler head this time, though.

Also, taking all bets on Carr's completion % going up in the two games where THE CRAB doesn't get the chance to just constantly drop good passes.

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967

Grittybeard posted:

This tweet is worth your time:

https://twitter.com/ClarkWade34/status/935268379295932417

I...think I kind of like Chuck Pagano more after this? Maybe? I might just be confused.

I imagine this is exactly the halftime speeches he gives.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Only thing I remember about Runyan is Strahan owning him constantly.

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Strahan in his prime was one of the best defensive ends to ever play football, to be fair. Runyan was pretty good and rarely missed action, but Strahan was just on a different level

nah
Mar 16, 2009

on the subject of "why no one watches football anymore" discussion from several pages ago, i can cite personally that i have turned off more games for having excessive penalties than any other reason. the whole process just bogs down everything. even if they don't change the rules, if there was some way to speed up the thing where they announce the penalty, that'd be just terrific.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

XxGirlKisserxX posted:

on the subject of "why no one watches football anymore" discussion from several pages ago, i can cite personally that i have turned off more games for having excessive penalties than any other reason. the whole process just bogs down everything. even if they don't change the rules, if there was some way to speed up the thing where they announce the penalty, that'd be just terrific.

Yeah that's definitely part of the problem. I definitely think they could move that along somehow. The officiating process can't easily be shortened (although radio contact between refs might save time) but getting the teams back to the line of scrimmage quickly really often doesn't happen as it should.

Another is just boring teams with boring players and games where the outcome is utterly set in stone essentially. So many games I think "do I want to spend three hours of my life I'll never get back watching this? Or do I just want to watch the highlights that will be on youtube an hour after the game?"

Especially at this point in the season when it's starting to get clear what you can expect from each team. Some are watchable and some aren't.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
It's week 13 dudes

• Locked thread